There hasn't been an election that didn't involve a Bush or a Clinton, in almost half a century

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

There hasn't been an election that didn't involve a Bush or a Clinton, in almost half a century

Post by markharr »

You could maybe make the argument that 2012 was an exception.

1980 GHWB as VP
1984 GHWB as VP
1988 GHWB elected
1992 Clinton wins
1996 Clinton wins
2000 GWB wins
2004 GWB wins
2008 Hillary runs in primary
2012 Jeb considers run, Hillary considers primary challenge, Hillary SOS
2016 Jeb Bush and Hillary Clinton both run.

It's common knowledge that the Clintons and the Bushes are close. I'm starting to think that these two families are just tag teaming the downfall of our nation. Think about it. It's the perfect plan. Put one family on opposing parties to give the illusion of opposition and choice. Make sure they are almost always running against each other or at least one of their cronies like Al Gore running on one side. It ensures that no matter who wins they win and they can cover for the other families crimes. And there are plenty of younger family members coming to replace the older. Chelsea Clinton is obviously being groomed. There is never a shortage of Bush Children.

The Major players

GHWB: proponent of the new world order. Heavily involved in Iran Contra as VP. Started NAFTA as president. Signed Agenda 21 as president.

Bill Clinton: proponent of the new world order. Singed Nafta into law. Created the illusion of a strong economy by getting consumers to finance it. Relaxed lending rules. Household debt went from $500 per family before Clinton to $2500 per family after. This was also the beginnings of the housing crash that occurred a decade later. Did nothing about terrorism.

George W Bush: Did nothing to reverse Clinton-era policies allowing the housing crisis to occur. 9/11 happened on his watch. Took us to war in Iraq

Hillary Clinton: Tried to force universal health care. corrupt to the core. Ran a pay for play scam with the Clinton foundation voted for the war in Iraq. Withdrew from Iraq without a status of forces agreement. Destabilized the middle east. Destroyed US Russian relations Negotiated TPP. Wants to saddle the taxpayers with a trillion in new taxes.

In 2008, Obama threw a wrench in the plans and in 2016 Trump threw a wrench in the plans.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Re: There hasn't been an election that didn't involve a Bush or a Clinton, in almost half a century

Post by Sirocco »

It'd be hilarious if Trump ruined both of them, instead of just Jeb.
I prayed, don't normally pray but I did...
I don't wanna live there in my tiny house with President Hillary.
Makes me want to throw up just thinking about it.

Rachael
Captain of whatever

Re: There hasn't been an election that didn't involve a Bush or a Clinton, in almost half a century

Post by Rachael »

I thought you were safely tucked away in Canada.?
The USA has a lot of tentacles, and a world police attitude, so I guess no one is safe.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

Rachael wrote:I thought you were safely tucked away in Canada.?
The USA has a lot of tentacles, and a world police attitude, so I guess no one is safe.
For the time but I have heavily considered moving down near my dad and taking part in his business (once I am legal).
No more winters, no more Justin Trudeau, maybe President Trump, Tacos.
What's not to like?

Rachael
Captain of whatever

Post by Rachael »

In this climate, maybe your dad should consider moving his business closer to you. Or maybe Mexico. Or maybe China. Good luck and blessings whichever way Sirroco.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

Rachael wrote:In this climate, maybe your dad should consider moving his business closer to you. Or maybe Mexico. Or maybe China. Good luck and blessings whichever way Sirroco.
He's already got a great thing going where he lives.
I like Texas it's nice.
You don't know cold when you have a week of -40C weather and the wall around your windows has frost on it (inside). It was like a freezer in here.
The weather is mad, just mad.

and obligatory "China"
Only thing I want from Mexico is a wall :))

Rachael
Captain of whatever

Post by Rachael »

Have you spent July or August in TX? It's very unpleasant. But I still love it. I like the people. But it's no CA as far as the weather goes.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

Rachael wrote:Have you spent July or August in TX? It's very unpleasant. But I still love it. I like the people. But it's no CA as far as the weather goes.
No but I've spent countless January's and February's in central Ontario and...it's quite unpleasant lol

Rachael
Captain of whatever

Post by Rachael »

Sirocco wrote:
Rachael wrote:Have you spent July or August in TX? It's very unpleasant. But I still love it. I like the people. But it's no CA as far as the weather goes.
No but I've spent countless January's and February's in central Ontario and...it's quite unpleasant lol
Oops.. when I put 'CA" in that post I meant California, not Canada. Cali It's known for the good weather year round. But I don't know how to cope with copious amounts of snow, so I'd rather live in TX too than Ontario.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

Ooooohh... Eh too many SJW's there lol