Voting on principle

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Re: Voting on principle

Post by GrandMasterB »

Fiannan wrote:
People said he wasn't conservative enough so the Lord offered us Ted Cruz. Again rejected
You don't send a preacher to clean up Dodge, so to speak. Maybe the Lord is sending us Trump and, once we reject him, then the people will deserve what they get, along with the punishments from God?
That just isn't rational. God wouldn't send an adulterer and wicked man to do his work. We already rejected the candidate we asked for after we lost 2012. All we heard was "This is the last time we are handed a nominee from the establishment and not a true conservative". So we nominate a progressive liberal RINO and reject the conservative. God did not send Donald Trump. Satan did!

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

GrandMasterB wrote:
Fiannan wrote:
People said he wasn't conservative enough so the Lord offered us Ted Cruz. Again rejected
You don't send a preacher to clean up Dodge, so to speak. Maybe the Lord is sending us Trump and, once we reject him, then the people will deserve what they get, along with the punishments from God?
That just isn't rational. God wouldn't send an adulterer and wicked man to do his work. We already rejected the candidate we asked for after we lost 2012. All we heard was "This is the last time we are handed a nominee from the establishment and not a true conservative". So we nominate a progressive liberal RINO and reject the conservative. God did not send Donald Trump. Satan did!
David.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

Fiannan wrote:
GrandMasterB wrote:
Fiannan wrote:
David.
Oh please. David sinned after he was called and anointed. Here read this.

https://z3news.com/w/td-hale-destructio ... ed-season/

Thankfully there are still some christians out there not making excuses.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

GrandMasterB wrote:
Fiannan wrote:
GrandMasterB wrote:
Fiannan wrote:
David.
Oh please. David sinned after he was called and anointed. Here read this.

https://z3news.com/w/td-hale-destructio ... ed-season/

Thankfully there are still some christians out there not making excuses.
Before, after, as Hillary would say, "What difference does it make?"

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

AI2.0 wrote:
larsenb wrote: . . . .
I started out the century being a Republican State and County delegate, etc. My position on Presidential candidates almost from the git-go was based on their understanding, or lack there-of, of the illegal wars we were getting into, or their understanding, or lack there of, of the false narrative of 9/11. What an eye opener that experience was.

That is precisely why I started voting 3rd Party, with the hope that enough people would join me and others and with the express purpose of helping to save the country.

In 2012, I held my nose and voted for Romney; which I've subsequently seen as a big mistake, having seen no increase in the understanding of the man, relative to what is really going on.

Going for Trump this time around, is because for the first time in decades, I'm seeing someone who is actually identifying the major and many of the minor but serious problems we face as a country. He is for Nationalism vs. Globalism a la BREXIT with ALL that entails; he is pro-Life/anti-abortion; he is strongly committed to strengthening our Christian heritage, and recognizes how religious people, particularly Christians have been marginalized; he vows to abrogate the Johnson Amendment, which would greatly empower religious freedom; he understands the real dangers of further watering down our cultural underpinnings by even increasing the floodgates to illegal immigration and otherwise, specifically wanting to prevent further murderous atrocities by Islamic Jihadists in this country.

All extremely laudable, in my strongly held view.

The question is AI2.0, where were you during all this? I think we've already established that you and I have very different world-views.
Where was I? Raising my children. I voted in every election, mostly Republican. Yes, we have different world views, I didn't 'hold my nose' for Romney, I was glad to vote for him, I think he would have been a good President. What bothers me is that you apparently justify voting 3rd party yourself, but now that you like Trump, we're all supposed to get in line and support him, no questions asked? Sorry, but I feel that's a double standard.

I've never liked Trump as a candidate, ever. He ran years ago in the Reform party. He almost ran in 2012. When he got in the race over a year ago, I did not support him, he doesn't reflect my values or views, he's too liberal. He's also duplicitous, rude, boastful, totally worldly, and possibly incapable of recognizing his own faults. As for who would do more damage to the country, Clinton or Trump...that's something I'm unsure of, either one will harm the country, IMO--but in different ways. One thing that Trump does is damage the religious people in this country who've thrown away their principles to support a man whom they would have never supported 10 years ago. It's the level of enlightenment that is at issue here. Religious people should know better than to dismiss the immoral, materialistic values of this man, all in the name of winning. At WHAT COST???? Maybe this is where we, as a people, go from partly ripe to fully ripe in iniquity, I hope not, for our sakes.
Yes, we have different world views. Romney was very pro war in the Near and Middle East and was threatening to attack Iran. He was and is clueless about 9/11 and many other issues of importance. He is a free trade guy. He shows no understanding of the globalist threat. None. And he recently showed how duplicitous and vicious he could be in public at the Hinckley Institute.

But this probably characterizes your own beliefs, so it is understandable that you like him. And you are certainly entitled to like the man's politics. I don't.

I've made it very clear why i think voting 3rd party this time around is a mistake, go back and re-read my previous posts. From your comment about my supposed "double standard", it is obvious you don't understand what I said.

From my perspective, you're not 'supposed' to do anything. I don't set your standards, nor would I ever want to.
Last edited by larsenb on October 21st, 2016, 1:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Romney would have continued in the tradition of Bush & Obama. Did Romney ever speak out against the NDAA of 2012? Here are Romney's largest contributors:
Goldman Sachs $1,045,454
Bank of America $1,017,652
Morgan Stanley $920,805
JPMorgan Chase & Co $835,596
Wells Fargo $693,576
Credit Suisse Group $645,620
Deloitte LLP $615,874
Kirkland & Ellis $523,041
Citigroup Inc $491,249
UBS AG $464,760
PricewaterhouseCoopers $456,900
Barclays $446,000
Ernst & Young $390,992
HIG Capital $382,904
Blackstone Group $378,025
General Electric $343,875
EMC Corp $320,679
Elliott Management $315,925
Bain Capital $288,470
Rothman Institute $259,500

I don't know about you, but I don't get the warm & fuzzies when all the banksters and lawyers line up behind a presidential candidate. It's kinda like, "Prepare to be separated from your money!"

Quite interesting that the boys from Bain, where Romney held court, were near the bottom of that list.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

busTED! All our choices in the Rep Party are tainted.
busTED.jpg
busTED.jpg (7.87 KiB) Viewed 1391 times

bbsion
captain of 100

Post by bbsion »

I've said this before, but I feel like most Trump supporters that I have talked to are voting for and defending him because they believe Hillary is a worse option. That's it. Hillary has never been an option for me. It blows my mind that she is not in prison right now, let alone running for president. However, when I heard Trumps "locker room" talk I was pretty disgusted. Then I heard many people excuse him and say that God does use imperfect people for His purposes. That is true. There was a small moment of time I even considered voting for Trump. After all, I have had really good men in whom I have had a lot of trust and admiration state they are voting for Trump. Voting for him to protect their prosperity. I almost excused Trumps words and behaviors. Then I started thinking... how would I react if Trump said and did those things to my wife/daughter/sister/mother? If you have or have not heard his "locker room" talk, I suggest you listen or listen again. Only this time, imagine he is saying those things about a woman you love. After all, he is saying it about someone else's wife. This is only ONE instance why Trump is not a viable candidate for me. I also believe he is a compulsive liar. His promises are illusions. He is part of the global elite. I do not trust him. We have been forced by the media to believe the only two options are two bad people. This is how the election is rigged. Two individuals with the same ultimate goals purposely misleading the public into thinking they have different goals. The system will only change when we act now. Not tomorrow. Not next election. Now.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

However, when I heard Trumps "locker room" talk I was pretty disgusted.
How many Mormon women read "50 Shades of Grey" or filled the theaters in Provo and Orem when it was playing in film version?

bbsion
captain of 100

Post by bbsion »

Fiannan wrote:
How many Mormon women read "50 Shades of Grey" or filled the theaters in Provo and Orem when it was playing in film version?

I had a feeling that was as far as some might get with my post before they stopped listening to what I was saying. I totally agree that no one should be reading or watching that material. Especially Mormon women. But you are being very presumptuous. Not only that but you do realize that Trump is very similar to Christian Grey???

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

bbsion wrote:
Fiannan wrote:

I had a feeling that was as far as some might get with my post before they stopped listening to what I was saying. I totally agree that no one should be reading or watching that material. Especially Mormon women. But you are being very presumptuous. Not only that but you do realize that Trump is very similar to Christian Grey???
Just a thought, but maybe the answer to the question on "who watched 50 Shades?" isn't "Mormon Women". Provo and Orem have citizens who aren't members of the church, less active members, inactive members, etc. And honestly, I don't care what the Gentiles down the street are doing. My wife and none of her friends participated in the 50 Shades sleazefest.

Just because someone else chooses evil doesn't mean we need to as well.
bandwagon.jpg
bandwagon.jpg (14.11 KiB) Viewed 1339 times

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

iWriteStuff wrote:
bbsion wrote:
Fiannan wrote:
Just a thought, but maybe the answer to the question on "who watched 50 Shades?" isn't "Mormon Women". Provo and Orem have citizens who aren't members of the church, less active members, inactive members, etc. And honestly, I don't care what the Gentiles down the street are doing. My wife and none of her friends participated in the 50 Shades sleazefest.

bandwagon.jpg
What about 50 Shades of Trump! :)

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

rewcox wrote:
iWriteStuff wrote:
bbsion wrote:
Fiannan wrote:

bandwagon.jpg
What about 50 Shades of Trump! :)
Oh, now you're just groping around in the dark! :o)

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

bbsion wrote:
Fiannan wrote:

Isn't Christian Grey supposed to be a fan-fiction version of Edward in the Mormonish vampire series "Twilight?"

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

iWriteStuff wrote:
bbsion wrote:
Fiannan wrote:

bandwagon.jpg
Uh...I know VERY active Mormon women who are anxiously awaiting the new "50 Shades of Grey" movie (2nd in what I believe will be 3). There were news stories of Mormon women book clubs having the book in their activities. Sorry to tell you this but Mormon women are subject to the same lusts as non-Mormon ones.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

Fiannan wrote:
iWriteStuff wrote:
bbsion wrote:
Fiannan wrote:

bandwagon.jpg
Uh...I know VERY active Mormon women who are anxiously awaiting the new "50 Shades of Grey" movie (2nd in what I believe will be 3). There were news stories of Mormon women book clubs having the book in their activities. Sorry to tell you this but Mormon women are subject to the same lusts as non-Mormon ones.
They can vote Trump, too. Doesn't mean I need to.

Someone else's poor decision is no justification for mine.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

larsenb wrote:
AI2.0 wrote:
I started out the century being a Republican State and County delegate, etc. My position on Presidential candidates almost from the git-go was based on their understanding, or lack there-of, of the illegal wars we were getting into, or their understanding, or lack there of, of the false narrative of 9/11. What an eye opener that experience was.

That is precisely why I started voting 3rd Party, with the hope that enough people would join me and others and with the express purpose of helping to save the country.

In 2012, I held my nose and voted for Romney; which I've subsequently seen as a big mistake, having seen no increase in the understanding of the man, relative to what is really going on.

Going for Trump this time around, is because for the first time in decades, I'm seeing someone who is actually identifying the major and many of the minor but serious problems we face as a country. He is for Nationalism vs. Globalism a la BREXIT with ALL that entails; he is pro-Life/anti-abortion; he is strongly committed to strengthening our Christian heritage, and recognizes how religious people, particularly Christians have been marginalized; he vows to abrogate the Johnson Amendment, which would greatly empower religious freedom; he understands the real dangers of further watering down our cultural underpinnings by even increasing the floodgates to illegal immigration and otherwise, specifically wanting to prevent further murderous atrocities by Islamic Jihadists in this country.

The question is AI2.0, where were you during all this? I think we've already established that you and I have very different world-views.
Where was I? Raising my children. I voted in every election, mostly Republican. Yes, we have different world views, I didn't 'hold my nose' for Romney, I was glad to vote for him, I think he would have been a good President. What bothers me is that you apparently justify voting 3rd party yourself, but now that you like Trump, we're all supposed to get in line and support him, no questions asked? Sorry, but I feel that's a double standard.

I've never liked Trump as a candidate, ever. He ran years ago in the Reform party. He almost ran in 2012. When he got in the race over a year ago, I did not support him, he doesn't reflect my values or views, he's too liberal. He's also duplicitous, rude, boastful, totally worldly, and possibly incapable of recognizing his own faults. As for who would do more damage to the country, Clinton or Trump...that's something I'm unsure of, either one will harm the country, IMO--but in different ways. One thing that Trump does is damage the religious people in this country who've thrown away their principles to support a man whom they would have never supported 10 years ago. It's the level of enlightenment that is at issue here. Religious people should know better than to dismiss the immoral, materialistic values of this man, all in the name of winning. At WHAT COST???? Maybe this is where we, as a people, go from partly ripe to fully ripe in iniquity, I hope not, for our sakes.
Yes, we have different world views. Romney was very pro war in the Near and Middle East and was threatening to attack Iran. He was and is clueless about 9/11 and many other issues of importance. He is a free trade guy. He shows no understanding of the globalist threat. None. And he recently showed how duplicitous and vicious he could be in public at the Hinckley Institute.

But this probably characterizes your own beliefs, so it is understandable that you like him. And you are certainly entitled to like the man's politics. I don't.

I've made it very clear why i think voting 3rd party this time around is a mistake, go back and re-read my previous posts. From your comment about my supposed "double standard", it is obvious you don't understand what I said.

From my perspective, you're not 'supposed' to do anything. I don't set your standards, nor would I ever want to.
Do you get all your talking points from Alex Jones?

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

bbsion wrote:I've said this before, but I feel like most Trump supporters that I have talked to are voting for and defending him because they believe Hillary is a worse option. That's it. Hillary has never been an option for me. It blows my mind that she is not in prison right now, let alone running for president. However, when I heard Trumps "locker room" talk I was pretty disgusted. Then I heard many people excuse him and say that God does use imperfect people for His purposes. That is true. There was a small moment of time I even considered voting for Trump. After all, I have had really good men in whom I have had a lot of trust and admiration state they are voting for Trump. Voting for him to protect their prosperity. I almost excused Trumps words and behaviors. Then I started thinking... how would I react if Trump said and did those things to my wife/daughter/sister/mother? If you have or have not heard his "locker room" talk, I suggest you listen or listen again. Only this time, imagine he is saying those things about a woman you love. After all, he is saying it about someone else's wife. This is only ONE instance why Trump is not a viable candidate for me. I also believe he is a compulsive liar. His promises are illusions. He is part of the global elite. I do not trust him. We have been forced by the media to believe the only two options are two bad people. This is how the election is rigged. Two individuals with the same ultimate goals purposely misleading the public into thinking they have different goals. The system will only change when we act now. Not tomorrow. Not next election. Now.
Yep this is how the system is rigged against the people.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

Fiannan wrote:

Done in perfect Trump style. Make up stuff. You do know that Provo and Orem are not 100% LDS, right. Do you have any facts to back up your assumptions that since 90% of Provo are LDS that 90% of the movie goers were active LDS? Please tell us how many read 50 shades of grey.

bbsion
captain of 100

Post by bbsion »

Fiannan wrote:
iWriteStuff wrote:
bbsion wrote:
Fiannan wrote:

bandwagon.jpg
Well then those Mormon women are hypocrites giving into their worldly lusts. Good thing they are able to repent. You probably shouldn't use other people's acts of hypocrisy to justify your vote. Good thing you are able to repent. ;)

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

bbsion wrote:
Fiannan wrote:

bbsion, who on earth is Christian Grey?

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

bbsion wrote:I've said this before, but I feel like most Trump supporters that I have talked to are voting for and defending him because they believe Hillary is a worse option. That's it. Hillary has never been an option for me. It blows my mind that she is not in prison right now, let alone running for president. However, when I heard Trumps "locker room" talk I was pretty disgusted. Then I heard many people excuse him and say that God does use imperfect people for His purposes. That is true. There was a small moment of time I even considered voting for Trump. After all, I have had really good men in whom I have had a lot of trust and admiration state they are voting for Trump. Voting for him to protect their prosperity. I almost excused Trumps words and behaviors. Then I started thinking... how would I react if Trump said and did those things to my wife/daughter/sister/mother? If you have or have not heard his "locker room" talk, I suggest you listen or listen again. Only this time, imagine he is saying those things about a woman you love. After all, he is saying it about someone else's wife. This is only ONE instance why Trump is not a viable candidate for me. I also believe he is a compulsive liar. His promises are illusions. He is part of the global elite. I do not trust him. We have been forced by the media to believe the only two options are two bad people. This is how the election is rigged. Two individuals with the same ultimate goals purposely misleading the public into thinking they have different goals. The system will only change when we act now. Not tomorrow. Not next election. Now.
Extrapolating what Trump said 11 years ago and has publicly apologized for (to the world and his family) into these assertions of him being a complicit, utterly evil individual, is a bit too black-and-white for me. I’ve seen too many highly educated and smart males ruin their marriages, because of similar weaknesses, but who were otherwise very competent and clear headed.

I’ve known next to nothing about the man until this presidential run. But I think you make a big leap when you assert that “he is part of the global elite” or that he has “the same ultimate goals” as Hillary. Nothing I’ve heard him say suggests this. Quite the contrary. He is simply saying many of the things I’ve waited years for ANY prominent person and/or politician to say.

The fact remains, if you have previously voted for Republican Presidential nominees, and now vote 3rd Party because you equate Trump with Hillary, you will help the process of electing Hillary.

For me, even if I was horrified by Trump’s demeanor and his alleged past behavior, he has taken enough excellent positions for me to want to see if he can follow through on them. This is far, far, far more attractive to me than wanting to do ANYTHING that would get Hillary elected.

bbsion
captain of 100

Post by bbsion »

larsenb wrote:
bbsion wrote:
Fiannan wrote:

bbsion, who on earth is Christian Grey?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Who+is+Christian+Grey%3F" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

;)

bbsion
captain of 100

Post by bbsion »

larsenb wrote:The fact remains, if you have previously voted for Republican Presidential nominees, and now vote 3rd Party because you equate Trump with Hillary, you will help the process of electing Hillary.
I've never voted before.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

GrandMasterB wrote:
larsenb wrote:
AI2.0 wrote:

Do you get all your talking points from Alex Jones?
No Mr. Nasty. These are direct perceptions based on what I've heard from Mitt, and seen him do.

One of the very telling episodes, was seeing Mitt cover and duck his head and scurry out of range when he was asked by a We Are Change guy if he had every heard about Building 7. He looked ludicrous and cowardly doing so. And then one of his young, pudgy supporters got in the We Are Change guys face, shaking his fist and yelling at him. The whole thing was an astonishing performance.

One of the real eye openers for me is to see how various people react to 9/11 truth issues. How do you react to them Mr. Nasty?