Incorrect consp.theories?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
capctr
captain of 100

Incorrect consp.theories?

Post by capctr »

I have found myself getting so caught up in reading different conspiracy theories(from 9/11 to other "false flags"), that it took me quite awhile to remember to ask one simple question: if any of these are true, if the govt is as corrupt as some think-than how is it that all those people who are so openly vocal about such things as bodies trailing behind the Clintons, still alive?
I'm thinking maybe it's time for me to unwind, focus on what's in front of me, and start planting some cherry trees.

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Re: Incorrect consp.theories?

Post by SmallFarm »

capctr wrote:I have found myself getting so caught up in reading different conspiracy theories(from 9/11 to other "false flags"), that it took me quite awhile to remember to ask one simple question: if any of these are true, if the govt is as corrupt as some think-than how is it that all those people who are so openly vocal about such things as bodies trailing behind the Clintons, still alive?
I'm thinking maybe it's time for me to unwind, focus on what's in front of me, and start planting some cherry trees.
That last part. Absolutely. :ymapplause:

gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Post by gclayjr »

capactr,

Good thinking. There are too many who think that just because the government is corrupt, and lies to us, that any wild cockamamie story told "exposing" those lies must be true. While they always assume the government is lying, they seem wildly uncritical of even the most bizarre conspiracy. As if the Government was the only one who tells lies. This both distorts one's thinking, and wasts incredible amounts of time.

I sometimes like the concept of preparing for the "Zombie Apocalypse". It both adds humor to preparation and brings forth the idea that preparation for different types of problems is very similar, no matter what the crisis eventually becomes.

I have had a lot of conversations with people where I express my belief that something bad is coming and coming soon. I think that very likely either this crazy election, or the changing of the guard for the incoming president will likely set it off. That being said. There are so many possibilities of what IT might be that I don't even try to speculate. I also don't know that it is as important to try and foretell what It will be as to be prepared and warn others to prepared for whatever it will be.

Regards,

George Clay

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

We really need the gift of discernment these days more than ever. It's a worthwhile gift to pray for to help us sort out what's true and what isn't because it's so easy for many to be deceived. I'm sure the adversary is into playing both sides against the middle, so to speak.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Let me know when the cherries are ready, I'll come over and try some of them.
dc

braingrunt
captain of 1,000

Post by braingrunt »

Some theories are wrong. But the BOM assures that something awful is true. From my perspective, something almost certainly worse than street gangs or even mafia.

So for me, it becomes a matter of faith to be open minded and mildly interested; probably should be more interested than I actually am.

But to treat any single theory as gospel, I now feel as the epitome of "sandy foundation". It's not like Jesus said, "this is my gospel, that 911 was an inside job, and that the Clinton's kill people left and right".

Ps, I find it easy to suspect 911 conspiracy. I'm no architect, but I have seen controlled demolition, in person. And as soon as someone said, "too fast, too uniform, too thorough" my brain replied "yeah, I don't care what nist says, that doesn't seem right to me" Bless my heart, this is my 911th post.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Please reread the BoM, or at least the GR parts. There are so many answers in there. For example, the judges who killed the prophets were reported to the chief judge.

A great number of the people on that Clinton list, were informants/ possible informants. ;)

Read some quotes of world leaders, and church leaders:
https://bookofmormonnotes.wordpress.com ... -by-grego/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Conspiracies in general: https://bookofmormonnotes.wordpress.com ... -by-grego/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LdsMarco
captain of 100

Post by LdsMarco »

"Wherefore, the Lord commandeth you, when ye shall see these things come among you that ye shall AWAKE TO A SENSE OF YOUR AWFUL SITUATION, because of this secret combination which shall be among you; or wo be unto it, because of the blood of them who have been slain; for they cry from the dust for vengeance upon it, and also upon those who built it up."(Ether 8:24)

Although we are commanded to awake from this awful situation -- I think also that we shouldn't take too much time on it. For example -- it's been 15 years since the 9/11. I think that's way too long to still look into this. We all know it's a false flag. Although I would love to read the 28 pages to see what it says.

We should seek God's kingdom and receive our calling and election made sure. We should do missionary work and build his kingdom. I think secret combinations is a personal study but we should not forget to get spiritually fed -- meaning -- work on our true conversion/change of heart/zion people.

I can't do that if I'm learning darkness more than light. Speaking for myself

Christian
captain of 10

Post by Christian »

"I can't do that if I'm learning darkness more than light."
Amen.. confusion, sowing discord, all in not well in Zion.. looking for the wrath of God to be poured out instead of blessing your enemies is never good for anyone or anything.. Bless don't curse retain a remission of your sins..If you dont retain a remission of your own sins your just looking at others sin waiting for the wrath of God to be poured out on them.. Thats not saint like. Bless your enemies convert them all like the anti--nephi--lehies.. my philosophy..

Benjamin_LK
captain of 1,000

Post by Benjamin_LK »

As far as I am concerned, focus should follow as counseled. That is, gospel sharing first, other matters come after that. As far as who works wickedness, that story of Nephi pointing out the murderer of the chief judge showed that those who hated the gospel the most were most likely those working with the secret combinations. Like Nephi, though, it is important to love the enemies, but just remember that sharing the good news or gospel is more important than speculating what the enemy supposedly is.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

capctr wrote: . . . I'm thinking maybe it's time for me to unwind, focus on what's in front of me, and start planting some cherry trees.

Good idea, but make sure you don't eat the cherry seed kernels.

My wife bought some frozen fruit that included strawberries, cherries and other fruit. The early part of last week she got violently sick. She's also a pretty good epidemiologist (RN background), and remembered that she found broken up cherry seed shells in the slushy she had prepared and drank/ate.

Looking up the effects of eating such things, she discovered you can get cyanide poisoning by eating only 3-4 of them . .. even to the point of death. Symptoms include vomiting, diarrhea, confusion, feeling abjectly miserable, etc., etc.
Last edited by larsenb on October 17th, 2016, 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

"Conspiracy theorist" is a term that was made to mock those who point out government corruption. It allows them to continue getting away with their corruption because it's a convenient way to attack anyone who might point it out as crazy.

"We aren't even going to look into that because that's just crazy."

Why not look at all of the "crazy conspiracy theories" that were proven to be correct over the years.

At one point you were a crazy conspiracy theorist if you suggested that Hillary Clinton (and I don't believe for a second that she is the only one) was using a personal email server to get around FOIA laws.

At one point you were a crazy conspiracy theorist if you suggested that the IRS was actively targeting conservative groups

At one point anyone who said that the government was engaging in mass surveillance of its citizens was labeled a "crazy tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist"

The CIA mind control program was once labeled as a crazy conspiracy theory. It was proven correct when MK Ultra was revealed

Benghazi being a CIA operation to arm ISIS is being proven true right before our eyes as wikileaks releases more and more emails.

MSM collusion with the Democratic party was once a crazy conspiracy theory that was proven with the wikileaks DNC email hack

I'm certain that in 1930's Germany there were people who were silenced as crazy conspiracy theorists when they dared mention that the Nazi's were murdering jews, and the Nazi's were allowed to get away with it because nobody wants to be considered crazy right?

I have no doubt that in Book of Mormon times the Gadianton robbers were able to gain so much power and influence because people didn't want to be thought of as crazy if they pointed out what was going on, and that the gandiantons were more than happy to take advantage of that.

The Manhatten project was at one point a crazy conspiracy theory
CIA drug running
Gulf of Tonkin incident
Operation Gladio
Operation Ajax
CIA assassinations
The New World Order
operation paperclip.

Now to be clear, I'm not saying that all conspiracy theories are true. I'm just saying that because we aren't willing to even consider any conspiracy theory, the government gets away with a lot, and in some cases, people die because of it, and We lose a lot of liberty because of it.

So please, Let's go on not even considering anyone's alternate theories, and allowing our government to get away with crimes against humanity because we would hate for anyone to think that we are crazy.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

markharr wrote:"Conspiracy theorist" is a term that was made to mock those who point out government corruption. It allows them to continue getting away with their corruption because it's a convenient way to attack anyone who might point it out as crazy.

"We aren't even going to look into that because that's just crazy."

Why not look at all of the "crazy conspiracy theories" that were proven to be correct over the years.

At one point you were a crazy conspiracy theorist if you suggested that Hillary Clinton (and I don't believe for a second that she is the only one) was using a personal email server to get around FOIA laws.

At one point you were a crazy conspiracy theorist if you suggested that the IRS was actively targeting conservative groups

At one point anyone who said that the government was engaging in mass surveillance of its citizens was labeled a "crazy tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist"

The CIA mind control program was once labeled as a crazy conspiracy theory. It was proven correct when MK Ultra was revealed

Benghazi being a CIA operation to arm ISIS is being proven true right before our eyes as wikileaks releases more and more emails.

MSM collusion with the Democratic party was once a crazy conspiracy theory that was proven with the wikileaks DNC email hack

I'm certain that in 1930's Germany there were people who were silenced as crazy conspiracy theorists when they dared mention that the Nazi's were murdering jews, and the Nazi's were allowed to get away with it because nobody wants to be considered crazy right?

I have no doubt that in Book of Mormon times the Gadianton robbers were able to gain so much power and influence because people didn't want to be thought of as crazy if they pointed out what was going on, and that the gandiantons were more than happy to take advantage of that.

The Manhatten project was at one point a crazy conspiracy theory
CIA drug running
Gulf of Tonkin incident
Operation Gladio
Operation Ajax
CIA assassinations
The New World Order
operation paperclip.

Now to be clear, I'm not saying that all conspiracy theories are true. I'm just saying that because we aren't willing to even consider any conspiracy theory, the government gets away with a lot, and in some cases, people die because of it, and We lose a lot of liberty because of it.

So please, Let's go on not even considering anyone's alternate theories, and allowing our government to get away with crimes against humanity because we would hate for anyone to think that we are crazy.
99.9% aren't true. Take LDSFF for instance. Multiple theories posted every day. For preppers and politics. Look at the garbage coming from Trump, and he has linked up with Breitbart.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

capctr wrote:I have found myself getting so caught up in reading different conspiracy theories(from 9/11 to other "false flags"), that it took me quite awhile to remember to ask one simple question: if any of these are true, if the govt is as corrupt as some think-than how is it that all those people who are so openly vocal about such things as bodies trailing behind the Clintons, still alive?
When I first encountered alternate stories about 9/11 and other events, I decided then and there that I would no longer believe anything I couldn't determine the truth of myself. So I totally believe the twin towers were demolished because that's obvious just by looking, but I'm not going to insist that a missile hit the Pentagon because I can't get enough information on that to tell. Even though I don't believe the things I can't validate myself, I'm still open to them. I just don't marry myself to unsubstantiated (by my own knowledge) explanations of things any more.

Here's the thing about people still being alive: for the most part, people with alternate theories or information are passed off as quacks and so they pose no threat to the government. Those who are a threat to the government, however, do tend to lose their lives. There are many people who have been murdered right before they were supposed to testify in official channels about conspiracies.

There are conspiracies and they do pose a threat to us. However, you are wise to take a step back and not believe everything you read. Just don't throw everything out. Be reasonable about what you accept. Think things through. That's when you really start to understand what is going on.

Planting cherry trees is always a good idea. Shows faith in the Lord.

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

rewcox wrote:99.9% aren't true.
I would like to see your data proving this. I don't think that 100% of them are true, but I definitely don't think that 99.9% of them aren't true.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

markharr wrote:
I would like to see your data proving this. I don't think that 100% of them are true, but I definitely don't think that 99.9% of them aren't true.
Look at all the posts at LDSFF these days. Dream this, dream that, if you are not prepared, you are doomed. Breitbart is feeding Trump, look at all the things Trump says. A lot of republicans have dumped Trump because of this crap.

"Although Trump is wicked, I have to support him cause the other side is against the US." Who is feeding that crap, Breitbart and other dark siders.

The radical right has fully succumbed, they succeeded in helping Trump win the primaries. What a disaster, maybe even taking down the republican party. Sanders and the radical left almost succeeded beating Hillary on the democrat side. Radical minorities are trying to make their minority view the winner. Trump is going to push the rigging conspiracy because he has done such a disaster at running a campaign. Thank you radical right.

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

rewcox wrote:
markharr wrote:
Look at all the posts at LDSFF these days. Dream this, dream that, if you are not prepared, you are doomed. Breitbart is feeding Trump, look at all the things Trump says. A lot of republicans have dumped Trump because of this crap.

"Although Trump is wicked, I have to support him cause the other side is against the US." Who is feeding that crap, Breitbart and other dark siders.

The radical right has fully succumbed, they succeeded in helping Trump win the primaries. What a disaster, maybe even taking down the republican party. Sanders and the radical left almost succeeded beating Hillary on the democrat side. Radical minorities are trying to make their minority view the winner. Trump is going to push the rigging conspiracy because he has done such a disaster at running a campaign. Thank you radical right.
So no proof then?

I knew that.

gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Post by gclayjr »

melli,
There are conspiracies and they do pose a threat to us. However, you are wise to take a step back and not believe everything you read. Just don't throw everything out. Be reasonable about what you accept. Think things through. That's when you really start to understand what is going on.
Amen!

I don't know how many times , I have posted devastating refutations of various things we have been alerted to , by those conspiracy guys (Like recently a shootout between mall store owners and black lives matter). It usually takes less than a minute to prove that it was a hoax.

If those conspiracy guys, had half the critical doubt for conspiracy kook web sites, as they do the main stream media, and did a minimum of "Due Diligence", they might have a bit more creditability, and people might listen to them when they do raise red flags.

They are so like puppies believing anything that is posted by any conspiracy site, that they don't even realize how much they destroy their own ability to truly warn people regarding real conspiracies.

Regards,

George Clay

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

markharr wrote:
rewcox wrote:
markharr wrote:

So no proof then?

I knew that.
Last year around this time, all the prepper predictions failed. We wil give some more time and watch them fail again. The same will happen after the election.

One thing we know about conspiratorists, they just ratchet up the talk and continue to fail.

Teancum
captain of 100

Post by Teancum »

While I agree there can be a danger to ourselves from "looking beyond the mark", I think the greater danger is the sin of unbelief.
https://www.lds.org/scriptures/dc-testa ... ang=eng#14
D&C 58:15

Doctrine and Covenants

But if he repent not of his sins, which are unbelief and blindness of heart, let him take heed lest he fall.
It seems then, that we are condemned for not being believing enough, but rarely if ever chastised for believing too much.
https://www.lds.org/scriptures/nt/mark/9.23?lang=eng#22
Mark 9:23

New Testament

Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.
My view is that I will entertain almost all the theories briefly to evaluate their friuts and evidences, and hold on to the ones that have the "feel of truth" to them. (Yes, I try to request the spirit of discernment to evaluate them and not just an initital emotional reaction).

Some things cannot be known without the use of the urim and thumim. It would sure be nice to have your own to detect the truth from the lies.

One last thought before I wander off to check the friut trees, is how can you avoid supporting or being involved in evil plans if you aren't on guard or watching out for them? It is much easier to fall into the pit if you don't know that it is there, than if you have your eyes on it and can see the edge. There is also the danger of becomming paralysed with fear. (I see the pit but I'm too afraid of it to move).

So - doubt not, fear not! :D

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

rewcox wrote:
markharr wrote:
rewcox wrote:
markharr wrote:

So no proof then?

I knew that.
Last year around this time, all the prepper predictions failed. We wil give some more time and watch them fail again. The same will happen after the election.

One thing we know about conspiratorists, they just ratchet up the talk and continue to fail.
I provided 14 that were proven to be true.
You provided 1 that wasn't.

So far that is 7% that aren't true. That's significantly less than the 99.9% figure that you quoted.

gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Post by gclayjr »

Kenssurplus,
My view is that I will entertain almost all the theories briefly to evaluate their friuts and evidences, and hold on to the ones that have the "feel of truth" to them. (Yes, I try to request the spirit of discernment to evaluate them and not just an initital emotional reaction).
The Lord does not reveal things until AFTER, you have completed your own "Due Diligences". We should research all that is available to us, then go to the Lord with any questions that still remain. If you conspiracy guys just did this, you wouldn't cheapen your credibility by rushing to "reveal" that which could easily be proven false.

It is my personal belief, based upon observation, that one should be extra careful, when it seems that the answer to your prayer confirms your bias. I don't know how many times I have heard reported passionately that the lord has answered someone's prayer revealing X, and it later becomes quite obvious that X was no revelation from God, but a feeling of revelation that justifies a personal bias.

Regards,

George Clay

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

I think it's important to understand why we need to know about conspiracy theories in the first place. The benefit of acknowledging that the twin towers were not destroyed by fire from burning jet fuel is that I can also say I know that the government is lying about that. Now I know not to trust that the government is telling the truth unless there are facts to back up what they are saying. I'm not going to unwittingly act in belief on everything the government tells me.

We need information in order to act in our own lives. So when someone tells me Sandy Hook was faked, I'll consider the idea and put it on the shelf for lack of evidence. But I can still say to myself, do I really want to support legislation based on fear over mass shootings like this? If I accept that is possible the government could have set up Sandy Hook, I can use the idea to question how I let big, scary events affect my thinking and behavior.

Joel Skousen said something to the effect of, if you don't believe the government is tyrannical, try defying it. There are dark forces with very great power here on earth in our land. We need to understand that these powers are effecting each and every one of its and learn how to address these things in our lives. Be wise.

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

I study conspiracies, and my life changes.
No more vaccinations.
No more GMO, high fructose corn syrup, fewer artificials, etc.
No more heavy beef.
No more doctor visits and antibiotics.
Much less fear about cancer, autism, and many other medical problems.
No more dental cleanings, fluoride, mercury ("silver") fillings, etc.
No more belief that the country's money will get better, and that banks are here to help me.
No more belief that patriotism means supporting evil.
No more belief that I should trust the govt., and that they are working for my good.
No more following the mainstream media (even the "conservative" or "educated" shows), etc., and thinking it's the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
A greater understanding about brainwashing, crowd control, manipulation, false flags, black ops, and how the GR work.
Thinking outside the box, and not allowing myself to be crowded inside the box.
I'm not so emotionally distraught and reactively controlled about all the false things that happen, what they mean, why they happened, and how they are being used against people.
I think more and pray about the covered up things, what they mean, why they happened, and how they are being used against people.
I learn to gather information, sort and check it, esp. over time, to other.
And other truths, on and on.

As I studied conspiracy theories, I was led to many other things.
Passive solar heating and other alternative architecture and power possibilities.
Emergency preparedness.
Alternative science and a disruption of accepted science as truth.
Energy healing and other types of healing, homeopathy, minerals, music, and more.
Protection.
Marketing, copywriting, business, etc.
Numerous incredible insights into the Book of Mormon.
And other truths, on and on.