Search Engines Bias?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
skmo
captain of 1,000

Search Engines Bias?

Post by skmo »

I saw a meme that showed the differences between Yahoo and Google auto-fill for political candidates. If you put "Hillary Clinton is" into Yahoo, Almost all of them were negative to some degree. However, if you do the same thing in Google, you get mostly positive fill-in information. Now is Google biased, or is it only Clinton-loving people who use Google? I checked it myself, and I'll post the pictures below of the screenshots, but they're fairly similar results. I tried the same thing with Donald Trump, and both had mostly negative things.

Bias, bought out, or just pure chance?

By the way, think about how powerful Google, a corporation is: Much of America keeps records and bank accounts info, health info, all kinds of stuff in Google's cloud. In addition, they have photos of probably 98% of the houses in the US, and 75%-98% of houses around the whole world. Think about that: They pay people to drive around and take pictures of people's houses for Google Street View. Their satellites take new pictures of the whole earth about every other week or so at least. Is it just me, or is that scary?

Don't believe me? Go to Google, put in any street address you know, hit enter, and click either the map and it'll show you the location on the map, or click on the little picture where it reads "Street View" and you'll see a picture of the house, building, park, school, whatever.

Yahoo.jpg
Yahoo.jpg (70.68 KiB) Viewed 1150 times
Google.jpg
Google.jpg (51.85 KiB) Viewed 1150 times

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Search Engines Bias?

Post by gkearney »

I love how "bias" in this post is defined as being in favour of Clinton in the example could could not the bias be against Clinton just as well?

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

skmo wrote:I saw a meme that showed the differences between Yahoo and Google auto-fill for political candidates. If you put "Hillary Clinton is" into Yahoo, Almost all of them were negative to some degree. However, if you do the same thing in Google, you get mostly positive fill-in information. Now is Google biased, or is it only Clinton-loving people who use Google? I checked it myself, and I'll post the pictures below of the screenshots, but they're fairly similar results. I tried the same thing with Donald Trump, and both had mostly negative things.

By the way, think about how powerful Google, a corporation is: Much of America keeps records and bank accounts info, health info, all kinds of stuff in Google's cloud. In addition, they have photos of probably 98% of the houses in the US, and 75%-98% of houses around the whole world. Think about that: They pay people to drive around and take pictures of people's houses for Google Street View. Their satellites take new pictures of the whole earth about every other week or so at least. Is it just me, or is that scary?

Don't believe me? Go to Google, put in any street address you know, hit enter, and click either the map and it'll show you the location on the map, or click on the little picture where it reads "Street View" and you'll see a picture of the house, building, park, school, whatever.

Yahoo.jpg

Google.jpg
To be honest, there isn't anything good on Trump. People have wishes, but those are just fishes.

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

If you owned a company, and your own money and reputation was on the line. Would you trust Hillary Clinton to run it?

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

markharr wrote:If you owned a company, and your own money and reputation was on the line. Would you trust Hillary Clinton to run it?
Yes.

Into the ground.

But that's what I think about trump too.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

People have wishes, but those are just fishes.
Speaking of fishes...

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

Ezra wrote:
markharr wrote:If you owned a company, and your own money and reputation was on the line. Would you trust Hillary Clinton to run it?
Yes.

Into the ground.

Donald Trump has over 22,000 employees who are dependent upon him to provide for their families. Some argue that his businesses create as many as 67,000 jobs.

His companies bring in 9.5 billion in revenue for his investors, and employees. He has many investors who do trust him with his money and in most cases he delivers. Have some of his ventures failed? Absolutely, but you show me any financial investment that is 100% safe, and I will show you a ponzi scam.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/09/03/news/ec ... s-created/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm not saying that you have to trust your money with Donald Trump, only that you are the minority, and given the choices, I would. He is the only candidate in this race who comes at it from our side. He is the only candidate who has spent his entire career having to operate under crushing government regulation rather than thriving on creating it. He is the only candidate who has a record of creating actual private sector jobs.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

markharr wrote:
Ezra wrote:
Yes.

Into the ground.

Donald Trump has over 22,000 employees who are dependent upon him to provide for their families. Some argue that his businesses create as many as 67,000 jobs.

His companies bring in 9.5 billion in revenue for his investors, and employees. He has many investors who do trust him with his money and in most cases he delivers. Have some of his ventures failed? Absolutely, but you show me any financial investment that is 100% safe, and I will show you a ponzi scam.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/09/03/news/ec ... s-created/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm not saying that you have to trust your money with Donald Trump, only that you are the minority, and given the choices, I would. He is the only candidate in this race who comes at it from our side. He is the only candidate who has spent his entire career having to operate under crushing government regulation rather than thriving on creating it. He is the only candidate who has a record of creating actual private sector jobs.
No he is not.

Darrel castle and Scott Bradley constitutional party.

Trump is friends with the clintons. They were invited to his wedding. He has donated 100k to their foundation.
I can't trust him.

Bush was friends with the bin ladin family. Had many business adventures together. Had many employees and you could say many of the same things about him like you just did for trump.

But look at who bushs friends are. Look at what we got from that friendship.

A really good fall guy for 911 which as most of us know was instrumented by the elitists through our government. A big loss in freedoms. A huge debt to pay. All while they lined their pockets.

You honestly think that it's trump vs Clinton?

It's not. It's trump or Clinton. The elitist win.

Both are their golden ticket for more of the same.

Both are in the spot light by their owned bought payed for media. And no one else is even mentioned.

Trump is being made out as the bad guy. While many know that Clinton is evil.

Trump is being made to look like he's aginst the elitists when he is friends with them.

If the elitist did not want trump in the spot light he simply wouldn't be there. Period.

Obama had lots of promises too if you remember. Hope and change.

What did we get. Status quo.

Ungläubige
captain of 50

Post by Ungläubige »

skmo wrote:I saw a meme that showed the differences between Yahoo and Google auto-fill for political candidates. If you put "Hillary Clinton is" into Yahoo, Almost all of them were negative to some degree. However, if you do the same thing in Google, you get mostly positive fill-in information. Now is Google biased, or is it only Clinton-loving people who use Google? I checked it myself, and I'll post the pictures below of the screenshots, but they're fairly similar results. I tried the same thing with Donald Trump, and both had mostly negative things.

Yahoo.jpg

Google.jpg
clinton1.JPG
clinton1.JPG (45.74 KiB) Viewed 852 times
trump1.JPG
trump1.JPG (49.2 KiB) Viewed 852 times
i don't see any bias.