"I Refuse to Serve as an Empire Chaplain": U.S. Army Minister Resigns over Drone Program

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

"I Refuse to Serve as an Empire Chaplain": U.S. Army Minister Resigns over Drone Program

Post by Joel »

An unlikely voice has emerged challenging the drone warfare program: former U.S. Army Reserve Chaplain Captain Chris Antal, who spent time based in Afghanistan. In April, he wrote an open letter to President Obama detailing his reasons for leaving the U.S. Army Reserves, citing his opposition to the administration’s use of drone strikes, its policy on nuclear proliferation, and what he calls the executive branch’s claim of "extraconstitutional authority and impunity for international law."

Former U.S. Army Reserve Chaplain Captain Chris Antal reads his resignation letter to President Obama. "I resign because I refuse to support U.S. armed drone policy," Antal wrote. "The Executive Branch continues to claim the right to kill anyone, anywhere on earth, at any time, for secret reasons, based on secret evidence, in a secret process, undertaken by unidentified officials. I refuse to support this policy of unaccountable killing."

skmo
captain of 1,000

Re: "I Refuse to Serve as an Empire Chaplain": U.S. Army Minister Resigns over Drone Program

Post by skmo »

Good. The modern military is quickly losing the honor to serve which it worked so hard to develop. On another branch of this topic:
"When I joined the military it was illegal to be homosexual, then it became optional and now it's legal. I'm getting out before Obama makes it mandatory."

-- Gunnery Sgt. Harry Berres, USMC