What Will It Take?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
skmo
captain of 1,000

What Will It Take?

Post by skmo »

Clinton has been caught lying about her emails for over a year

It's getting more and more clear that the hildabeast has been lying about her emails. Even the State Department Inspector General's report says Clinton broke the rules. The FBI has not yet finished its investigation, but I'm going to make a few predictions:

1) The Clinton spin doctors will obfuscate the State Dept. I.G. report and it will eventually be of no real value in the minds of the majority of voters.

2) The FBI report will come out and they'll find she broke policy, but that there's ample precedent so it'll garner from her no more than a couple of public apologies and some misdirection from Slick Willie.

3) She'll downplay the whole investigation and say it's a witch hunt by Anti-Clinton forces, and many people will either believe her or be persuaded that it's not important enough to disqualify her for service.

4) She'll get the dumb-as-crap nomination and will soundly beat Trump because the Republicans will miss a great chance to give the public someone decent to vote for and instead give us Trump, one of the most disgusting candidates and despicable people in the public eye.

5) No one will notice Slick Willie catching his daily bag limit of interns while his wife's in office.

What is it going to take for us to get an honest, decent person to get elected? The Second Coming?

Older/wiser?
captain of 100

Re: What Will It Take?

Post by Older/wiser? »

Is a leader ever any better than the people that put him in office ? I'll tell you what it is going to take, the majority of the people of this nation to be honest and decent

farmerchick
captain of 1,000

Post by farmerchick »

It will take a reboot of our total society. I don't think people care about Clintons indescretions/criminal behavior. The average person/voter either doesn't know or if they know they don't care. I have a few family members who are Clinton supporters and I have a few friends who love Bernie. I always ask them why they feel that way. People want government to give them things. Although the poor are usually better off when government leaves them alone because they are more opportunities and job creation, the average middle class person does not believe that. Most do not understand basic economics especially as it relates to the minimum wage, inflation, and cost of living. The political education of the average citizen during the past decade has been carefully crafted by the media to cause confusion. Disinformation is put out all the time by the Clinton machine and the average person doesn't know what's real and what's true. We as a society, don't have the attention span or memory to put any of the dots together. Good people are confused...bad people are confused....it's just confusion out there while the wolves take over the sheep.....sad but true...

I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS
captain of 100

Post by I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS »

farmerchick is right, it will require a complete collapse and rebuild to have anyone decent in office. Why? Look at a large portion of the populace. They're self absorbed, arrogant, entitled, soft, immoral, lovers of self, anti-religion, anti-god, anti-family, corrupt moral relativists who can vote.
Until this portion of the people are compelled to be humble or removed from the scene altogether, we'll have no decent leader.

Sandinista
captain of 100

Post by Sandinista »

Mosiah 29:26-27

26 Now it is not common that the voice of the people desireth anything contrary to that which is right; but it is common for the lesser part of the people to desire that which is not right; therefore this shall ye observe and make it your law—to do your business by the voice of the people.

27 And if the time comes that the voice of the people doth choose iniquity, then is the time that the judgments of God will come upon you; yea, then is the time he will visit you with great destruction even as he has hitherto visited this land.

Think we're there yet! :(

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

IMO only a "Cleansing of America" will permit a re-boot of the American society by a remnant that will understand and promote theproper role of government.

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

Sandinista wrote:Mosiah 29:26-27

26 Now it is not common that the voice of the people desireth anything contrary to that which is right; but it is common for the lesser part of the people to desire that which is not right; therefore this shall ye observe and make it your law—to do your business by the voice of the people.

27 And if the time comes that the voice of the people doth choose iniquity, then is the time that the judgments of God will come upon you; yea, then is the time he will visit you with great destruction even as he has hitherto visited this land.

Think we're there yet! :(
What do you think society needs to yet be opposed to or desire to do that's against the commandments of God that aren't currently being broken before the judgements come?

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

skmo
What about the election of someone else as POTUS? Would that make a difference? Or, let me say, a POSSIBLE difference?
Could it? That's no guarantee that it would be anything different, but could it be?
dc

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

No.

Americans aren't (just) dumb.

They are habituated and brainwashed, including the great majority of LDS.

They are taken advantage of.

They are without hope, so plod ahead in confusion.

Different
captain of 100

Post by Different »

lundbaek wrote:IMO only a "Cleansing of America" will permit a re-boot of the American society by a remnant that will understand and promote theproper role of government.
Amen to that lol, time for big guy to drop the plagues and fire!

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

David13 wrote:skmo
What about the election of someone else as POTUS? Would that make a difference? Or, let me say, a POSSIBLE difference?
Could it? That's no guarantee that it would be anything different, but could it be?
dc
Honestly, I doubt it. It's somewhat possible, but not very likely. I'll go with Older/Wiser?'s answer above:
Older/wiser? wrote:....I'll tell you what it is going to take, the majority of the people of this nation to be honest and decent
As the older generation descend into the twilight, I don't have a great deal of hope for the coming generations. Much of the education has been aimed at helping kids test better, not think or progress or innovate. I see some of our kids being taught proper habits, but I'm also seeing a huge swing in kids who believe everything should be given to them, who believe that the answer to every question is Google, and are learning from their parents that if they complain loud enough or long enough the parents will give in and give them what they want.

Scenario: The classroom is an upper Elementary classroom. A student calls home at the beginning of lunch and informs mom that he's forgotten his lunch. Mom says remember that Mr. (Me) has cup-o-noodles he'll give you when you forget (I'm currently buying more cup-o-noodles now than when I was single in college.) Kid says "You know I hate those, I want Arby's. A little more discussion ensues but the kid insists and mom drives down with an Arby's sandwich and curly fries. This is not a lone incident.

To make a direct answer, I'll admit that as unlikely as it is, if it were possible for an actually good person to get elected, they'll still likely fail. Our special interest groups wouldn't let a good person do a good job because they don't want good, they want Arby's. They know if the cry long enough and loud enough the politicians will give in and give them what they want.

So no. Short of a cleansing of the populace (Like how Christ cleared the temple) I don't see a new POTUS doing much to change things.