Gospel Parallels to U.S. Presidents

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
CharlesIngalls
captain of 50

Gospel Parallels to U.S. Presidents

Post by CharlesIngalls »

I believe that there are parallels to the Gospel in many aspects of this life and one is that The U.S. Constitution, which we know is and inspired document, is to our country what the Bible is to Christianity. In that same spirit, I propose that George Washington parallels Father Adam. While he was not our only Founding Father, he was the President of the Constitutional Convention and first President of the United States. The next is Abraham Lincoln who gave his life in the process of saving our Union. Obviously, this is a parallel to Christ.

The next President I wish to find is the one who will parallel that great Prophet of the Restoration, Joseph Smith. What characteristics will this President have? Will he have similar experiences to Joseph? I believe he will begin to bring We The People back to the true freedoms that our Founding Fathers taught us and that President Lincoln gave to all Americans. The first characteristic I am looking for is an absolute devotion to the Constitution. The last characteristic, and probably the confirmation of my theory will be that he will be assassinated in office.

Am I wrong? What am I missing?

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Re: Gospel Parallels to U.S. Presidents

Post by Ezra »

Lincoln spoke highly of the constitution. But his actions during his presidency was anything but constitutional.

Older/wiser?
captain of 100

Post by Older/wiser? »

Wait a minute , wait I need to go find Jwharton, I bet we could find some covenant bodies in there as well...(sorry I just couldn't resist) you may have something

CharlesIngalls
captain of 50

Post by CharlesIngalls »

Ezra wrote:Lincoln spoke highly of the constitution. But his actions during his presidency was anything but constitutional.
I don't think my theory needs to justify his actions in order to still be true. I'd rather dig into who will be the next one.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

CharlesIngalls wrote:
Ezra wrote:Lincoln spoke highly of the constitution. But his actions during his presidency was anything but constitutional.
I don't think my theory needs to justify his actions in order to still be true. I'd rather dig into who will be the next one.
Actions speak louder then words.

People quote Nelson Mandela too and praise his words. Well his deeds were horrible. But just like Lincoln. The secret combination controlled media loves him. Why is that? Lincoln more then any other president has destroyed the constitution. He flipped the balance of power from the people to the government. He disregarded almost every constitutional principle durring his presidency and took it upon himself to claim war. usurping his authorized powers durring his entire presidency.

Secret combinations love him for that. And have continued down the same road as much as they can to where we are today.

All I'm saying is he is not an example of constitutionality.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

We will not be getting a US President who parallels Joseph Smith in any way whatsoever. This nation is too far gone. The people have desired iniquity and evil, and they will continue to elect officials who will fill their desires for corruption. We are well down the road to fulfilling the prophecies of Old Testament and Book of Mormon prophets.

But this does not mean we should despair. Along with the very worst, the very best have been reserved to witness and participate in these Last Days events. By the time Christ returns, most of the world's inhabitants will be either very evil, or very righteous. There will be no middle ground, no fences upon which to sit.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

Lizzy60 wrote:We will not be getting a US President who parallels Joseph Smith in any way whatsoever. This nation is too far gone. The people have desired iniquity and evil, and they will continue to elect officials who will fill their desires for corruption. We are well down the road to fulfilling the prophecies of Old Testament and Book of Mormon prophets.

But this does not mean we should despair. Along with the very worst, the very best have been reserved to witness and participate in these Last Days events. By the time Christ returns, most of the world's inhabitants will be either very evil, or very righteous. There will be no middle ground, no fences upon which to sit.
I agree with you lizzy. And know that's gods feelings in it. As their are only 2 side gods or Satans. But the world and most lds will unfortunately be in Satans side. in that they will only give lip service. Or they will be Luke warm. Proclaim to know God but don't really. As D&c 112 warns about the church being cleansed. And D&c 121 33-40 also warns will be most lds that are not chosen and cleansed.

FamilyFunnyFarm
captain of 50

Post by FamilyFunnyFarm »

Ezra wrote:
CharlesIngalls wrote:

People quote Nelson Mandela too and praise his words. Well his deeds were horrible. But just like Lincoln. The secret combination controlled media loves him. Why is that? Lincoln more then any other president has destroyed the constitution. He flipped the balance of power from the people to the government. He disregarded almost every constitutional principle durring his presidency and took it upon himself to claim war. usurping his authorized powers durring his entire presidency.

Secret combinations love him for that. And have continued down the same road as much as they can to where we are today.

His actions and flipping the power from the people to the government is what caused the civil war, not slavery.

CharlesIngalls
captain of 50

Post by CharlesIngalls »

FamilyFunnyFarm wrote:
Ezra wrote:
CharlesIngalls wrote:

His actions and flipping the power from the people to the government is what caused the civil war, not slavery.

Not sure how that works when a) the Civil War started a month after his inauguration and b) Joseph Smith said it was slavery.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

Joseph smith was already dead when the civil war started.

The saints were in Utah.

And look up Joseph smith party platform for his presidency and his views on how to peacefully end slavery if you would like to know gods way of how it should have been done.