Rise of the SuperPresident

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
onefour1
captain of 1,000

Rise of the SuperPresident

Post by onefour1 »

I subscribe to a free magazine called the Philadelphia Trumpet. I recently read an article in this magazine called, "Rise of the SuperPresident", by Andrew Miller. This article brought me to the attention of the fact that the Executive Branch of our government has out-grown the other two branches by a massive amount. the article states:

"Today, there are about 30,000 federal employees in the legislative branch, 32,000 staff members in the judicial branch and an astounding 2,618,000 non-military workers in the executive branch."

The article shows how the Executive branch has much more power in the country and how this has become a threat to our nations balance of power. To read the entire article, go to the following link:

https://www.thetrumpet.com/article/1371 ... rpresident

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Rise of the SuperPresident

Post by Silver »

I wonder if all the people who work at the Department of Education and Dept. of Commerce and Dept. of Redundant Departmental Redundancies are included in that 2.6 million cohort.

CharlesIngalls
captain of 50

Post by CharlesIngalls »

Congress has abdicated it's responsibilities to the Executive Branch without a doubt.

Dave62
destroyer of hopes & dreams

Post by Dave62 »

So here's the issue at stake as I see it.
You guys have an election for a president, but because ultimate power does not reside in the office of the president it should not be such an issue. Because real power should reside in the two houses, your real elections with real issues should be for your congress and your senate. You could have a paper bag for head of state. It would be cheaper and less dangerous.

So, why is so much treasure wasted on your presidential elections? Is it because your presidents do in practice exercise too much authority? If so it would be cheaper to run a constitutional monarchy. I accept that the US constitution was inspired but you have collectively broken it! X(

There is a bit of a republican movement here in Australia. They want to replace the monarchy with an elected head of state. I think that with what we observe you poor people enduring over there with Trump and Clinton (read Shiz and Coriantumr) we will never ever become a republic.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Dave62 wrote:So here's the issue at stake as I see it.
You guys have an election for a president, but because ultimate power does not reside in the office of the president it should not be such an issue. Because real power should reside in the two houses, your real elections with real issues should be for your congress and your senate. You could have a paper bag for head of state. It would be cheaper and less dangerous.

So, why is so much treasure wasted on your presidential elections? Is it because your presidents do in practice exercise too much authority? If so it would be cheaper to run a constitutional monarchy. I accept that the US constitution was inspired but you have collectively broken it! X(

There is a bit of a republican movement here in Australia. They want to replace the monarchy with an elected head of state. I think that with what we observe you poor people enduring over there with Trump and Clinton (read Shiz and Coriantumr) we will never ever become a republic.
Sheer genius!

onefour1
captain of 1,000

Post by onefour1 »

another great quote from the article:

"The legislative branch no longer issues the vast majority of “laws” governing the United States. Instead, these “laws” are issued as “regulations” crafted by thousands of unelected, unreachable bureaucrats."