Convention of the States

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Oursacredheritage
captain of 10

Convention of the States

Post by Oursacredheritage »

Convention of the States. Where there is a serious and substantial move to pass constitutional amendments to curtail the power of the federal government and place it back in the hands of the states and the local governments of the union. conventionofthestates.com It is headed by Michael Ferris a constitutional lawyer of high regard in my opinion. He has a DVD series called Constitutional Literacy and can be found at constitutionreclaimed.com.

ChristopherABrown
captain of 100

Re: Convention of the States

Post by ChristopherABrown »

Oursacredheritage wrote:Convention of the States. Where there is a serious and substantial move to pass constitutional amendments to curtail the power of the federal government and place it back in the hands of the states and the local governments of the union. conventionofthestates.com It is headed by Michael Ferris a constitutional lawyer of high regard in my opinion. He has a DVD series called Constitutional Literacy and can be found at constitutionreclaimed.com.
I have been watching this closely for five years now. I have some concerns about a potential secret alliance with the Koch bros.

Also, COS refuses to dialog about constitutional intent, which is the heart of Article V, and only the people can define it.

They appear ready to leave it up to legislators who have been heavily lobbied by ALEC (Koch bros.) for 25 years.

For these reasons I have proactively created a strategy based in the law of the land residing in the heart of Article 5, which is our lawful and peaceful revolution

Oursacredheritage
captain of 10

Post by Oursacredheritage »

I have watched several debates with Michael Ferris and have come to the conclusion that this is a man of integrity as well as a great source of constitutional knowledge. There is a lot of fear mongering going on these days and I'm simply wondering if you've succumbed to it. Please explain to me in simple terms why his proposed plan is so dangerous

ChristopherABrown
captain of 100

Post by ChristopherABrown »

Oursacredheritage wrote:I have watched several debates with Michael Ferris and have come to the conclusion that this is a man of integrity as well as a great source of constitutional knowledge. There is a lot of fear mongering going on these days and I'm simply wondering if you've succumbed to it. Please explain to me in simple terms why his proposed plan is so dangerous
Have you seen the video of Mark Levin at the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) meeting in Washington, D.C. on December 4, 2014. Sponsored by the Convention of States (COS) Project?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6xEHPkYE1g" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
See what he says at 9:37 - again at 10:14 "Less than 70 of you in the same room.  Two from each state"  He is really trying to make it confusing so I've paraphrased

Then at 29:30 to 30:30 he describes many more people involved related to fears of a runaway.
NOW, this bugs me.  During the height of OWS, I was on their forum and people were trying to say I was working with/for ALEC. To prove them wrong I created an online petition. Covert agents at OWS working with admin worked together and misrepresented me to sabotage my efforts. That petition died.
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/956/975/ ... al-intent/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I had done quite a bit of research to try and connect ALEC with COS, which seems a lot more on the level of the people. I could not connect them. However, neither ALEC of COS would respond to my inquiries about the concept of preparatory amendment to assure all amendments have constitutional intent.
Since then I've made another to both ALEC and COS.
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/298/672/ ... al-intent/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Since then I've dialoged with people at the westernfreepress.com, who seem to be close to COS, and they are not showing they have interest in constitutional intent.

Only the people can define constitutional intent, and none of those organizations will discuss it. ALEC has been creating clandestine non profits representing their interests for 25 years.

I love the idea of an Article V convention, but ONLY trust the people to define constitutional intent. However they are so fearful, manipulated, decided, confused or ignorant, they cannot even agree and accept the tewo most prime intents.

Do you agree and accept that the framers of the founding documents intended for us to alter or abolish government destructive to our unalienable rights?

Do you agree and accept that the ultimate purpose of free speech is to enable the unity adequate to effectively alter or abolish?

Do you agree with and accept those?

I reasonably assert that it is INSANE to enter into Article V without proper prior preparation. The most important political event in 239 years NEEDS preparation. And because the people are the only ones that can define constitutional intent by law, and Article V requires all amendments have constitutional intent, but states legislations ratify, the people need to control their states with the peoples perceptions of what constitutional intent is.