Honesty vs Robbery

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Separatist
captain of 1,000

Honesty vs Robbery

Post by Separatist »

Or as Franz Oppenheimer put it in The State, economic means vs political means:
There are two fundamentally opposed means whereby man, requiring sustenance, is impelled to obtain the necessary means for satisfying his desires. These are work and robbery, one’s own labor and the forcible appropriation of the labor of others. . . . I propose in the following discussion to call one’s own labor and the equivalent exchange of one’s own labor for the labor of others, the “economic means” for the satisfaction of need while the unrequited appropriation of the labor of others will be called the “political means.”. . . The State is an organization of the political means. No State, therefore, can come into being until the economic means has created a definite number of objects for the satisfaction of needs, which objects may be taken away or appropriated by warlike robbery.

dauser
captain of 100

Re: Honesty vs Robbery

Post by dauser »

Honesty requires a brain, a little imagination, a little faith, a little sacrifice for others, hope and trust in self and others.

Robbery exercises hope and faith in government and never reaches unlimited potential.

Honesty clings to the iron rod.
Robbery feels it's way to the lifted up, great and spacious government building.

Robbery keeps a man dependent, weak, small and damned.
Honesty keeps a man independent, strong, big and exalted.

Robbery consults his fallen nature and believes in his heart: "I'm not" and "I will".

Honesty consults his true nature and believes in his heart: "I am" and "I have".