Georgia Bill Would Allow Prayer Back in Schools

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Georgia Bill Would Allow Prayer Back in Schools

Post by Joel »

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Georgia Bill Would Allow Prayer Back in Schools

Post by David13 »

Well, as soon as the Moose Limbs demand it, the Supremely Ignorant Court will fall all over themselves to justify it.
dc

butterfly
captain of 1,000

Post by butterfly »

I believe this is in response to a football coach being fired for praying with his team. It's ridiculous that the right to pray has to be legislated but hopefully the bill will pass.

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

To be fair, it was more than prayer
I wonder if any Mormon boys were on the team and got pressured into being rebaptized? Haven't LDS church members been ex'd for being rebaptized outside of the LDS church authorized way of doing things? Just think if the Coach was a Muslim or Satanist and did some other type of ritual in those types of religions, people would flip out.

butterfly
captain of 1,000

Post by butterfly »

Oh, this is a different story than what I was thinking of. Recently a coach here in GA was fired for praying with the team. But the baptisms at the high school - wow! Yeah I can see people getting upset about that.

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

I had not heard of the case you are talking about but there was case in Washington a few months ago also
I remember my high school football games started off with a prayer, different people from different religions each week, I do not remember it being a big deal, it was in the South, we even had Muslims, Hindus give prayers, no religion was discriminated against that I knew of. There will always be bigots and backward thinking religious fanatics who would discriminate against another person religion because they hold a view that makes them very insecure and full of fear towards anything they think their God disapproves of.

One of my favorite public prayers (admittedly not a government funded event) ever was the at a NASCAR car race

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

So odd, prayer at sporting events...
With all the liquor and rage, the two don't really fit together :))