Big Pharma Shaking – 80% Of Cannabis Users Give Up Prescriptions Pills

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
dauser
captain of 100

Big Pharma Shaking – 80% Of Cannabis Users Give Up Prescriptions Pills

Post by dauser »

http://www.naturalblaze.com/2016/01/big ... r-pot.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Has anyone out there given up their daily dose of pharmaceuticals for Cannabis?

The prophets live to be very old, are they on pharmaceuticals or perhaps cannabis?

Where does one get Cannabis? Probably not at the local Pharmacy. In the yellow pages?

Is it legal to grow your own health food on your own land?

davedan
captain of 1,000

Re: Big Pharma Shaking – 80% Of Cannabis Users Give Up Prescriptions Pills

Post by davedan »

I am a physician but not necessarily a fan on people having to be on 15 expensive meds just to stay alive. But the failings of modern medicine is not a justification for cannabis legalization. Just because Big Pharma is wrong, doesn't make the "420 movement" right.

The Hopewell people lived in North America about the time of the Nephites and built an advanced civilization of millions in the heartland of the United States. The Hopewell culture flurished in North America for over a millennium and then suddenly vanished about 400 AD. All that is left of this great civilization are massive earthworks and mounds filled with bones and artifacts. The burial mounds are why this culture is often referred to as the "mound builders".

One way archaeologists identify and verify a Hopewell burial site is because effigy pipes are characteristly found with Hopewell remains. Effigy pipes were used by Hopewell to smoke a mixture of medicinal herbs and bark called kinnikinnick. But it the end, kinnikinnick was replaced by Nicotiana rustica, a tobacco with more powerful and hallucinatory effects than our Nicotiana tabacum. This fact says something to me.

The mounds and artifacts of thr Hopewell give us a snapshot of their culture right before their complete annihilation. If drug abuse and smoking was a major part of their culture leading it to destruction, do we want to be following in their footsteps?

dauser
captain of 100

Post by dauser »

I am a physician but not necessarily a fan of people having to be on 15 expensive meds just to stay alive. But the failings of modern medicine is not a justification for cannabis legalization. Just because Big Pharma is wrong, doesn't make the "420 movement" right.
Because Big Pharma is wrong, should pharmaceuticals be legal?

Alcohol, Tobacco and doctors are killers and protected by government but not cannabis, one has to wonder why.

It would be interesting to see a study comparing death by doctor vs death by cannabis, by the numbers.

It would be interesting to see a similar study comparing death by government, compared to death by cannabis.

What if cannabis farmers come out of hiding and become rich and powerful, putting commercials during half-time at the super bowl and ads in magazines and have a lobby in Washington, strutting around like they know it all, telling everyone what they can and cannot do with money and their lives.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

I live around legions of potheads. Marijuana saps their motivation and leaves them caring about nothing, but marijuana. Their whole life winds up revolving around marijuana, while their brain takes a dump and they become useless for anything. No more motivation. All gone. Just subsisting. Only energy expenditure is on maintaining supply of marijuana. Might as well die. Any nation with designs to defeat another would be delighted to see their hopeful conquest adopt a marijuana culture. No conflict upon invasion, just a big, sloppy mop-up operation.

In the town where I live, I'd say half the people are suffering from brain damage due to marijuana and other drugs. They are damned, in the sense that they cannot follow a course of reparation, anymore. It seems OVER for them. You champion smoking pot, you become one of them. I've never seen an exception. I do believe that marijuana extracts may have some medicinal properties, but if you smoke it, you are not getting them.
Last edited by Chip on January 12th, 2016, 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

davedan wrote:I am a physician but not necessarily a fan on people having to be on 15 expensive meds just to stay alive. But the failings of modern medicine is not a justification for cannabis legalization. Just because Big Pharma is wrong, doesn't make the "420 movement" right.

The Hopewell people lived in North America about the time of the Nephites and built an advanced civilization of millions in the heartland of the United States. The Hopewell culture flurished in North America for over a millennium and then suddenly vanished about 400 AD. All that is left of this great civilization are massive earthworks and mounds filled with bones and artifacts. The burial mounds are why this culture is often referred to as the "mound builders".

One way archaeologists identify and verify a Hopewell burial site is because effigy pipes are characteristly found with Hopewell remains. Effigy pipes were used by Hopewell to smoke a mixture of medicinal herbs and bark called kinnikinnick. But it the end, kinnikinnick was replaced by Nicotiana rustica, a tobacco with more powerful and hallucinatory effects than our Nicotiana tabacum. This fact says something to me.

The mounds and artifacts of thr Hopewell give us a snapshot of their culture right before their complete annihilation. If drug abuse and smoking was a major part of their culture leading it to destruction, do we want to be following in their footsteps?
There's a correlation, perhaps a connection, certainly no evidence of causation in this example.
Though I don't see how it would help any civilization to be smoking stuff like that on a deep, widespread scale.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Chip wrote:I live around legions of potheads. Marijuana saps their motivation and leaves them caring about nothing, but marijuana. Their whole life winds up revolving around marijuana, while their brain takes a dump and they become useless for anything. No more motivation. All gone. Just subsisting. Only energy expenditure is on maintaining supply of marijuana. Might as well die. Any nation with designs to defeat another would be delighted to see their hopeful conquest adopt a marijuana culture. No conflict upon invasion, just a big, sloppy mop-up operation.

In the town where I live, I'd say half the people are suffering from brain damage due to marijuana and other drugs. They are damned, in the sense that they cannot follow a course of reparation, anymore. It seems OVER for them. You champion smoking pot, you become one of them. I've never seen an exception. I do believe that marijuana extracts may have some medicinal properties, but if you smoke it, you are not getting them.
Similar to what I've seen.

Difference between recreational smoking and medicinal use. But Ezra also hit a salient point--if something else does the job just as well, why? The oils seem to do wonders for certain health problems (major ones).

Hemp, on the other hand... That's what we need to get back to!!

A question that always intrigues me: does the brain damage come before, or after?

Nice point in bold... On the other hand, it's hard to brainwash (literally) pot users, too, so I've heard (but don't know if I believe).

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

It's my observation, too, that potheads are not prone to brainwashing. Maybe it's because it takes energy to maintain a brainwashed mind, as if it's an upright structure. They're more like a puddle on the ground.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

You've got to be brainwashed to pop a dozen Big Pharma pills a day. Potheads just aren't up for that. That would be like a distraction.