Burns County Oregon community meeting

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
firefly
captain of 100

Burns County Oregon community meeting

Post by firefly »

In the continuing drama that is happenning in Oregon, members of the community there held a meeting to set up a committee of safety.

I watched the meeting live on the only media I could find which was a live feed that kept dropping signal. You just couldn't find this anywhere else but I guess that's all you can rely on when the MSN is silent on the getting factual information to the pubic

Synopsis:
Real life human drama

For those concerned for America and where it is headed, it will be worth it to watch the video. It was for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELXMyTjMmXk

Edit... Burns is the town, Harney is the county
Last edited by firefly on January 9th, 2016, 12:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

firefly
captain of 100

Re: Burns County Oregon community meeting

Post by firefly »

No one officially representing the protesters at the refuge spoke at the meeting. But various out-of-state groups who have come to Burns to support the occupation, including the "3% of Idaho," attended the gathering.

A resolution drafted by the committee and read aloud to cheers and applause supports "the development of a plan to provide the expedient, systematic and harmonious transfer of all currently managed federal lands within Harney County to the jurisdiction of the people of Harney County."
http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-north ... _big-photo

firefly
captain of 100

Post by firefly »

This committee that would be formed from the community would be able to call forth a militia on behalf of the community if it felt it was needed.

A member of the media got up and said that the committee had no authority to call upon a militia and said there was no telling what the federal govermnent would do to this community if they did.

Other interesting speakers included people from Utah and Idaho who shared their experience and expertise with the group there.

buffalo_girl
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by buffalo_girl »

Thank you, firefly, for your more thorough interest & coverage on the 'federal land' issue impacting those of us in the West. Hundreds of acres of our farm were co-opted by the Corps of Engineers as 'flood plain' in the 1960's for a dam built in another state, and 155 miles southeast. The backwater from the dam has never risen above the original creek natural maximum in all these years. Nevertheless, water rights guaranteed by the state cannot be used without paying the Corps of Engineers a yearly lease in order for livestock to traverse a narrow fenced water-way from what is our private property across 'taken' federal land to the creek because 'our' cattle are 'using' Corps land to access the water. We are charged for the grass our cattle eat on the 2 or 5 acre water-ways going & coming from the creek.

I still don't seem to 'get' how to post a video directly to my comment, so.....maybe just follow the link?

I am impressed with the integrity of Oregon Congressman Greg Walden in his stand for the rights of those he represents in Eastern Oregon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx4ocLdWE90" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

An Open Letter to Sheriff Ward of Harney County Oregon-and to All County Sheriffs in America from Judge Anna

http://thepetesantillishow.com/wp-conte ... ffward.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:-? :-? :-?

idahommie
captain of 100

Post by idahommie »

The miracle whip militia is moved on from illegal occupation of public property to stealing vehicles and bulldozing Indian archeological sites on the refuge. This group of hoodlums needs to go to jail.

firefly
captain of 100

Post by firefly »

idahommie wrote:The miracle whip militia is moved on from illegal occupation of public property to stealing vehicles and bulldozing Indian archeological sites on the refuge. This group of hoodlums needs to go to jail.
You would think this would get more news.

Here's what I got from reading the bundy ranch fb page. No one knows who this guy is. He joined up and then took the FED car against what he was told.

So he gets arrested and everybody looks at each other and says, okay...

I suspect that this was staged by the gov because it has been a nonstory.

I was expected to hear complaints from the bundies about his treatment in jail. Nope, not even a plea to make sure that he's treated humanely while he sits in prison. Nothing from the bundy camp. I mean if he was on my side I would be worried about what the government would do to him while in prison. Like put him in a cell with something big gay thugs or something. The bundys have said nothing, and the press hasn't done an indepth expose on the mind of this "terrorist". Just silent, moved on to the next story.

All part of a media game I guess.

firefly
captain of 100

Post by firefly »

What I think is really facinating is that people are starting to become aware of the constitution and are beginning to stand up.

In Cook county, a county next to Harney county a woman stands up in a community counseling and demands that the leadership tell her where in the constitution does it say the fed can own this property.

In another side several ranchers have pledged together to tear up contracts with the BLM and say they will manage their own property.

So this push back is spreading.

Not sure how the FED will handle this. If they let this continue on more ranchers will join and more people will protest in townhalls.

Yet if the Feds waco the bundys then you get an immediate outrage.

The best thing I think the Feds can do is keep people in ignorance. They are squeezing all the screws on this one which -forget fox news- not even alternative media are reporting this. There is only one guy bringing the news out there. Where are all the other indepent alternative news people? Makes you think how badly the gov doesn't want you to know about this.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Ammon Bundy Ends Meeting With FBI Because Agent Wouldn't Allow Media

Hey folks, watch how BLM agents are burning cows alive. Is this type of lawlessness okay with you? Does a badge allow evil to reign?

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

What we need is hundreds of "the People" driving through Burns waving a US flag upside down.

Watch from the 2:00 mark to 3:15 and understand why?

Michael Badnarik's Constitution Class 1 of 43
Hint: dis or thr