What non-Americans fail to realize about the Promised Land

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Re: What non-Americans fail to realize about the Promised Land

Post by freedomforall »

Another reason the US is on the downslope, is the fact that large mulyitudes of Americans don't know their Constitution. They don't know that the government has far overreached its ability to have land. They do not have the right to own any land except the ten square miles in DC and forts and ports. Even the any of the states they may be in can tell them to get out.

Article 1, Section 8, Clause 17

To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of Particular States, and the Acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings;-

The BLM, FBI and other agencies out to enforce taking land from anyone is breaking the supreme law of the land, the very law they took an oath to uphold.

Non Americans, for the most part, do not understand what freedom really is, they have nothing to compare to. Oppression and government control is as acceptable as watching a flock of birds in flight...as do many Americans even to the point of endorsing evil.

kennyhs
captain of 1,000

Post by kennyhs »

freedomforall wrote:Another reason the US is on the downslope, is the fact that large mulyitudes of Americans don't know their Constitution. They don't know that the government has far overreached its ability to have land. They do not have the right to own any land except the ten square miles in DC and forts and ports. Even the any of the states they may be in can tell them to get out.

Article 1, Section 8, Clause 17

To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of Particular States, and the Acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings;-

The BLM, FBI and other agencies out to enforce taking land from anyone is breaking the supreme law of the land, the very law they took an oath to uphold.

Non Americans, for the most part, do not understand what freedom really is, they have nothing to compare to. Oppression and government control is as acceptable as watching a flock of birds in flight...as do many Americans even to the point of endorsing evil.
The " EPA" is nothing short of communism. ( I would like to know my Constituiton, but....and here's a big but....I find it boring.)
Go ahead, let me have it!!!

light-one
captain of 100

Post by light-one »

and power hungry senators like Floyd Prozanski of Oregon, turn over citizen's gun rights to Obama as if they were his to give.

Many people of any country do not realize the true freedom that the United States Constitution was intended to give. Caged animals have no concept of freedom and the powers that be tells us we need to lose whatever freedoms we do have to be protected from the animals.

https://www.oathkeepers.org/most-danger ... o-freedom/

Actually citizens with guns can protect themselves from animals and government. Protecting ourselves from government was the purpose of the 2nd amendment. It had nothing to do with hunting.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Thank you for the reminder, Kennyhs. I think it's a safe bet that most Americans find the Constitution boring. It only came alive for me when it got personal. 1975-1976 in Massachusetts there was a major effort to further infringe on the Second Amendment and I got involved - jumped in with both feet. Then, as time went on I noticed that some of the most holier than thou members of the Church were supporting and promoting legislation and programs that were egregious violations of various principles of the Constitution. I quickly discovered that I needed to understand parts of the Constitution before doing battle with them.

kennyhs
captain of 1,000

Post by kennyhs »

lundbaek wrote:Thank you for the reminder, Kennyhs. I think it's a safe bet that most Americans find the Constitution boring. It only came alive for me when it got personal. 1975-1976 in Massachusetts there was a major effort to further infringe on the Second Amendment and I got involved - jumped in with both feet. Then, as time went on I noticed that some of the most holier than thou members of the Church were supporting and promoting legislation and programs that were egregious violations of various principles of the Constitution. I quickly discovered that I needed to understand parts of the Constitution before doing battle with them.
Then it should come alive for all of us now, it's becoming very personel.

I appreciate your and freedomforall's knowledge, we must stop the infringements on our liberties. I am going to do my best
in voting for a President who upholds the Constitution. Hillary Clinton.

( just kidding :D )

kennyhs
captain of 1,000

Post by kennyhs »

light-one wrote:and power hungry senators like Floyd Prozanski of Oregon, turn over citizen's gun rights to Obama as if they were his to give.

Many people of any country do not realize the true freedom that the United States Constitution was intended to give. Caged animals have no concept of freedom and the powers that be tells us we need to lose whatever freedoms we do have to be protected from the animals.

Actually citizens with guns can protect themselves from animals and government. Protecting ourselves from government was the purpose of the 2nd amendment. It had nothing to do with hunting.
So we need to know the Constitution, what else can we do to preserve our freedom, give me some steps to take.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

kennyhs wrote:Go ahead, let me have it!!!
Okay, here it is:

Learning the Constitution made easy. I don't want to say "Constitution for dummies," this could include me. :D

kennyhs
captain of 1,000

Post by kennyhs »

freedomforall wrote:
Okay, here it is:

Learning the Constitution made easy. I don't want to say "Constitution for dummies," this could include me. :D
Ok, I will listen and learn, is there going to be a quiz?
When I fail, I will quote you;
" To the best of my recollection, I don't remember." :p :))

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

Hopefully one of the Bundy's can get this Latter day Lamanite a Book of Mormon, and give him a chance to repent and get lighter and show some gratitude.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

light-one wrote:and power hungry senators like Floyd Prozanski of Oregon, turn over citizen's gun rights to Obama as if they were his to give.

So why don't 40,000,000+ people send a copy of the Constitution to Obama? Wouldn't that be a profound statement?

Does anyone know that the Declaration of Independence was authorized on July 4th, 1776 but was not actually signed until August 2nd?

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

kennyhs wrote:
freedomforall wrote:
Okay, here it is:

Ok, I will listen and learn, is there going to be a quiz?
When I fail, I will quote you;
" To the best of my recollection, I don't remember." :p :))
This is an FYI

Test Your Knowledge of the Constitution

light-one
captain of 100

Post by light-one »

kennyhs wrote:
So we need to know the Constitution, what else can we do to preserve our freedom, give me some steps to take.
The free constitution courses at Hillsdale College are great!

A few years ago I got so excited about the Constitution, I bought a whole case of pocket constitutions to give away and a whole box of The 5000 Year Leap. Boy, was I disappointed when my enthusiasm was met with total complacency.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

kennyhs wrote:

To the best of my remembrance...I don't recollect one thing.
To the best of my recollection and remembrance...there is none.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

light-one wrote:
kennyhs wrote:

A few years ago I got so excited about the Constitution, I bought a whole case of pocket constitutions to give away and a whole box of The 5000 Year Leap. Boy, was I disappointed when my enthusiasm was met with total complacency.
The wheat and tares have a narrow line of delineation. Those striving to live he gospel, yet ignoring the Constitution may be in for a big surprise. Why?

President McKay said: Next to being one in worshiping God, there is nothing in this world upon which this Church should be more united than in upholding and defending the Constitution of the United States! (February 1956, The Instructor, 91:34)

[Above] all else, strive to support good and conscientious candidates of either party who are aware of the great dangers inherent in communism, and who are truly dedicated to the Constitution in the tradition of our founding fathers. (October 1962, General Conference)

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

light-one wrote:
kennyhs wrote:

I read it awhile ago to get some ideas for an alien race and their equivalent when they became an empire after murdering their creators who made them as a military race (and us though we never find out why).
Got the idea from you fine folks, as I have gotten so many ideas.
The beta sits next to Canada's equivalent our "Charter or Rights and Freedoms" and eventually Monster Island's will join it in some bizarre trio.

light-one
captain of 100

Post by light-one »

Sirocco wrote:
light-one wrote:
kennyhs wrote:

I read it awhile ago to get some ideas for an alien race and their equivalent when they became an empire after murdering their creators who made them as a military race (and us though we never find out why).
The beta sits next to Canada's equivalent our "Charter or Rights and Freedoms" and eventually Monster Island's will join it in some bizarre trio.
Wouldn't it be funny if you realized how much better life would be if we were all free instead of slaves and wrote a book that ended up saving the world?

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

light-one wrote:
Sirocco wrote:
light-one wrote:
kennyhs wrote:

Wouldn't it be funny if you realized how much better life would be if we were all free instead of slaves and wrote a book that ended up saving the world?
How so?
I mean those aliens were slaves in many ways but they took it too far, and aren't exactly good.
None of the aliens in my novels are, well there is no clear good and evil in those novels.
Which goes back to the three deities and the forces of the universe, it's long and dull.

Though since in the books they do talk to us, I wonder which in that universe Joseph Smith talked to?

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

lundbaek wrote:Sirocco is not the only LDS who finds certain things in the scriptures arrogant and pandering. It seems the scriptures, as well as statements by latter-day prophets and apostles, are to many LDS like a smøgåsbord or a buffet table from which one can pick and choose what suits one's fancy.
Aren't there posts by Sirocco where he claims not to be LDS, so where does this lead us in the being in the know department?

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

So let me restate what I was trying to get across. There are many LDS people who seem to consider various statements in the scriptures and certain statements by the President of the Church, his counselors, and the Council of the Twelve Apostles made in a Church conference or printed in a Church publication as not from the Lord and of little or no importance, and therefore consider themselves under no obligation to follow their advice and counsel and choose to ignore them. But fortunately there are some who give heed to such statements. For example, I have found Latter-day Saints in other countries who are not offended by, but are respectful of statements about America being a promised land, or about the importance of the principles of the US Constitution.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

lundbaek wrote:During the 57 years that I've been a member of the Church Presidents McKay, Clark, Romney and Benson especially said much to members of the Church about what we could do to prevent the destruction of America. Most of their words that I remember were to members of the Church everywhere, not just in the United States. What might be different today if all or nearly all Latter-day Saints took those words to heart and acted on them ?
Why?
I am not concerned about the destruction of America any more than I am concerned about the destruction of Australia, or Iceland, or Belgium etc. Now don't get me wrong, I would be concerned about the destruction of any nation, but not especially America at the expense of any other.
Of course America has a special place in your heart, and so it should. But it absolutely doesn't in mine, and neither should it.

I think I might feel differently if you guys stopped pouting, trying to prove a point all the time that no one else cares about.
So I've come up with a suitable remedy:
1. Learn to play Cricket
2. Adopt £Sterling
3. Restore proper spelling (put the "u" back)
4. Queen as head of state (no more Obama's, Clinton's etc)
5. Pay all your back taxes (no more throwing tea around)
6. Drive on the left

Sensible policies for a happier America. You know it makes sense. ;)
And if you feel a little apprehensive about this brave new world, we'll have a word with Canada and see if we can persuade them to admit you as a new Province. ;) ;) ;)

Vision
captain of 1,000

Post by Vision »

Robin Hood wrote:4. Queen as head of state (no more Obama's, Clinton's etc)
We are still subject to the Queen, when did that change?

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

Robin Hood wrote:
lundbaek wrote:During the 57 years that I've been a member of the Church Presidents McKay, Clark, Romney and Benson especially said much to members of the Church about what we could do to prevent the destruction of America. Most of their words that I remember were to members of the Church everywhere, not just in the United States. What might be different today if all or nearly all Latter-day Saints took those words to heart and acted on them ?
Why?
I am not concerned about the destruction of America any more than I am concerned about the destruction of Australia, or Iceland, or Belgium etc. Now don't get me wrong, I would be concerned about the destruction of any nation, but not especially America at the expense of any other.
Of course America has a special place in your heart, and so it should. But it absolutely doesn't in mine, and neither should it.

I think I might feel differently if you guys stopped pouting, trying to prove a point all the time that no one else cares about.
So I've come up with a suitable remedy:
1. Learn to play Cricket
2. Adopt £Sterling
3. Restore proper spelling (put the "u" back)
4. Queen as head of state (no more Obama's, Clinton's etc)
5. Pay all your back taxes (no more throwing tea around)
6. Drive on the left

Sensible policies for a happier America. You know it makes sense. ;)
And if you feel a little apprehensive about this brave new world, we'll have a word with Canada and see if we can persuade them to admit you as a new Province. ;) ;) ;)
I especially support the correct spelling of words like colour and neighbour.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I wonder what might be different today if local leaders, especially bishops and stake presidents in the United States had followed up a lot better in support of the words of Presidents McKay, Clark, Romney and Benson to members of the Church about what we could do to prevent the destruction of America.

samizdat
captain of 1,000

Post by samizdat »

freedomforall wrote:
Sirocco wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:What many Americans fail to understand in my view is that just because God said he would bless the nation (so long as it was a righteous one) etc, that does not mean he curses or witholds his blessing from others.

The so called "covenant" that Ballard discusses is available to individuals and nations everywhere. God is no respecter of persons.
America is a promised land to whom? To Americans of course!
It isn't my promised land and neither should it be. I have one of my own.

Like I said, God is no respecter of persons. President Gordon B. Hinckley understood this very well, which might explain why he was such an Anglophile. ;)
Americans have this bizarre need to say they are the greatest and find ways to support their odd thought and then wonder why people don't like them.
Yah, right! ^:)^ And I suppose God was lying to everyone he told about the promised land all the way back to 600 BC? Why do some folks have a bizarre need to make cracks against a land God chose to have his gospel restored on? After all, it's in the book!
The promised land mentioned back in 600 BC, is not limited to one country. The entire American continent from Point Barrow down to Cabo de Hornos, is the land of promise. The promised land described in Ether, that would be the USA and its environs (yes you would have to include parts of Mexico and Canada within there)...

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

lundbaek wrote:I wonder what might be different today if local leaders, especially bishops and stake presidents in the United States had followed up a lot better in support of the words of Presidents McKay, Clark, Romney and Benson to members of the Church about what we could do to prevent the destruction of America.
I think if they kept up with that US obsessiveness the church would not be nearly as worldwide as it is today.