Freaked Out Republican Calls On Trump To Drop Out Of The Race On The House Floor

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Bgood
captain of 1,000

Freaked Out Republican Calls On Trump To Drop Out Of The Race On The House Floor

Post by Bgood »

Donald Trump has freaked out the Republican Party so much with his ban on Muslims that a Republican took to the House floor to tell Trump to drop out of the presidential race

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Freaked Out Republican Calls On Trump To Drop Out Of The Race On The House Floor

Post by Chip »

My dad, who's non-Mormon and not against gay marriage, said at Thanksgiving, regarding Trump, "Ah... He's already won." He said it as if he wasn't surprised, just matter-of-factly, like he took no stock, at all, in the media's rantings. It seems to him that Trump's the only one not beholden to the system, so he speaks his mind, and the people appreciate that.

I actually think that the more Trump shamelessly stands by his words, the more people will find validation for their media-poo-poo'd suspicions and latch onto him.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Freaked Out Republican Calls On Trump To Drop Out Of The Race On The House Floor

Post by Chip »

These GOP guys are so duplicitous (I just watched the video). They just hate Trump because he's disruptive to the status quo and may unravel some of the naughty things that the DNC+GOP have done to this country, and maybe prosecute some people who sorely need it. It's perhaps naive to think he'd be able to (or maybe even decide to) accomplish anything, given the unseen top-down control that drives events against all reason, but these GOP guys hate him for the same unpatriotic reasons they hated Ron Paul.

If the establishment had it's way, they'd have you vote for Hillary, but they'd settle for Jeb, if it meant anyone else.

samizdat
captain of 1,000

Post by samizdat »

Trump sucks. He is at best a Mussolini, at worst a Hitler.

If he has the slightest bit of sense left in him, he will drop out and get on his knees and apologize to the Latino and Muslim communities for having inspired the lynch mob mentality.

BTW the LDS Church condemned the words of Trump as an attack on religious freedom and it is.

The LDS Church is powerful in LATAM and there are missionaries in several Muslim majority countries.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

Here is my conspiracy theory angle:

Trump has been a big supporter of Hillary and the Clintons.

I believe he is literally a plant. The genius of it if true has delivered a win-win-win situation for the Clintons.

As things currently stand, and without a MAJOR change in American public sentiment, here are the three outcomes that I believe are now the only possible ones barring divine intervention.

1) Trump does not get the Republican nomination, runs third party or Independent, splits the GOP vote, Hillary wins
2) Trump gets the nomination and throws it, Hillary wins
3) Trump wins both the nomination and the presidency, abandons his fake positions and rules as "Hillary-lite". He might even be worse than Hillary.

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

Here's what I think. At this point, its basically Trump VS Hillary. I'd rather have Trump than Hillary. She's already proven she can't be president from her actions as First Lady and Secretary of State. She is one of the worst lying politicians the United States has ever had.

Trump is messing with the political status quo in the US and the media and the political machine doesn't like that. Businesses don't like that they can't pull a favor from him because he can't be bought. Do I think Trump is the best person for the job? Absolutely not, but given the field of candidates, he's the best. Don't need another Bush or Clinton in the White House. Carly Fiorina drove HP into the ground, so her fiscal track record is horrible and she proved she can't turn things around. Trump has proven a couple times that he can turn things around though in his business and he's relentless. Yes, he is completely unorthodox compared to previous governments but when you're approaching 20 trillion in debt, have a military that's becoming vastly underpowered vs China and Russia, terrorism on a rampage, major changes need to be made.

The United States has unfortunately become obsessed with being politically correct. Trump is showing that being 'PC' isn't the right way to go all the time and the establishment is freaking out that someone opposes them. People that aren't 'politically correct' like Trump are now given labels like homophobic, racist and bigot ONLY because they disagree with what unfortunately has become the social status norm. Members of the church are being called these exact things in the media as well but that's about as far from the truth as possible.

Here in Canada we are slowly allowing refugees into the country. Only families that have been vetted by the UN, CIA, FBI and CSIS are allowed to come here.

The fact the media is now going completely crazy over Trump's latest statement, to me means he's on the right track. He just needs a few adjustments with his ideas. He shouldn't drop out and needs to keep going.