The world has failed at the two great commandments

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
creator
(of the Forum)

The world has failed at the two great commandments

Post by creator »

There are some things I can say I know for sure and can testify about these things. And some of them seem so basic to me but the majority doesn't understand. The world has failed in these things - such as following the two great commandments. Just look at what we've done with government today, and the loss of Freedom and Liberty - all of that is because we've ignored the two great commandments - we don't really love our neighbor. 99% of our community and city government testify to that fact. All state governments and the federal government reveal the fact that we have failed at the 2 great commandments. Everything the people have allowed to exist within their governing bodies reveals that they don't love their neighbor - instead they are enslaving each other.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Re: The world has failed at the two great commandments

Post by Matchmaker »

Of course, I speak in general terms and not individually, as there are some wonderful people in our world.

But it seems like a lack of trust of others is so prevalent in our society today. I don't recall that things were that way back in the 1950's when I was growing up. Neighbors are suspicious of one another, and in some cases, very slow to come to one another's aid in time of trouble. Out of fear, we have put ourselves and others in boxes. We classify and categorize and analyze when we should be caring and giving and loving. We don't want to know too much about each other, or get too close to one another, because we might be expected to share our resources, which we tend to believe are limited. We email or text rather than talk face to face. People are hesitant to be spontaneous or direct out of a concern for offending another. Intimacy is often sought anonymously because of a fear of being taken advantage of. So many today are needlessly alone.

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robert Sinclair »

Please email Senator Orrin Hatch, using the senario of the year of Jubilee, and Tzedakah and the United Order, that they all have one thing in common, and that is setting people up to be stewards over property, where they are also debt free, able to become self sustaining and self sufficient.

Ask him to look at the 18,600,000 plus or minus vacant homes in America, that to impart one unto a poor family, requires a tax penalty be paid, which the poor do not have.

And that, why in the world would a rich person or business, give one to a poor family when they know they will have to pay a penalty for a gift tax as well with no deduction offered under the current tax code.

I am serious. He sits on the committee with Wyden to amend the tax code, to be more just.

I just emailed his office again about this and asked him to please sit down with my state's Senator Ron Wyden, who should know about Jubilee and the highest levels of Tzedakah, that mirror, the imparting of land required by a covenant and a deed, of title, that cannot be broken, unto the poor, as required in the "law" of D&C 42.

I am only one voice, but others joining mine, might and perhaps, get them to give ear and consider these things.

Thanks if you can, it is as simple as going to their web site, going to where it says "contact" clicking on this, and sending an email of concern and sincerity. ♡

BrotherOfMahonri
captain of 1,000

Post by BrotherOfMahonri »

BrianM wrote:There are some things I can say I know for sure and can testify about these things. And some of them seem so basic to me but the majority doesn't understand. The world has failed in these things - such as following the two great commandments. Just look at what we've done with government today, and the loss of Freedom and Liberty - all of that is because we've ignored the two great commandments - we don't really love our neighbor. 99% of our community and city government testify to that fact. All state governments and the federal government reveal the fact that we have failed at the 2 great commandments. Everything the people have allowed to exist within their governing bodies reveals that they don't love their neighbor - instead they are enslaving each other.
OK.... so what do you feel God is asking you to do? You have put up this great forum, that is an amazing start. But then what? We all talk about it, all agree with it mostly... and... (this question is for me first and everyone)

I believe there are those who have hearts that do indeed understand those 2 great commandments - and I think you are saying the same - and God is indeed calling them. It is a scary thought to believe that as in the days of Noah, so will it be in ours, and very few were part of that "rapture". Why? Is it because of what you said here now, love and the lack thereof, which leads to all sorts of problems, idolatry, etc.?

I feel that those who are keeping those 2 great commandments will begin to find themselves lead like Lehi, as Lehi makes it obvious the love he had for his people and was given his commission per expressing such love of God to God in behalf of his brethren.

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

The call today is to be as Jesus Christ has said to be and not as men have said to be, and do those things that Jesus Christ has said to do, and not as men have said to do, and to know all the things Jesus Christ has said to know.

Start a book report of all the things Jesus Christ has said to do, and be like and know, simply in Matthew, Mark Luke, John, and 3rd Nephi where his own words are written down, read this over and over then finish the balance of the "One Stick" memorizing all these things.

Then, sound the alarm as he has said to do, that perhaps the old men leading will give ear and hear, and seek to atone for these things.

Few there will be at the start who be, do, and know all these things, and to cry out as well to spare the vineyard a little longer, but there will be those few, it is written, and the LORD has promised to not bring a complete end, but to spare it a little bit longer to bring about this equality of fruits in his vineyard once more for the last time, until the final season and the end.♡

Emmanuel
captain of 100

Post by Emmanuel »

The root of the tree of good is in selflessness, all love must cometh from that root for it is good. Let thy actions be of selfless action that you may bring forth fruits of love.

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Emmanuel, I would that you would be able to read and know what shall be in Matthew chapter 24. You may have been selected to role play, and have no choice to do, other than that which you do. I still love you and care about you as if you were Jesus Christ, as that is how we are to treat everyone, but know if you can, how it is that he is to come "if" you are able. ♡

Emmanuel
captain of 100

Post by Emmanuel »

Robert Sinclair wrote:Emmanuel, I would that you would be able to read and know what shall be in Matthew chapter 24. You may have been selected to role play, and have no choice to do, other than that which you do. I still love you and care about you as if you were Jesus Christ, as that is how we are to treat everyone, but know if you can, how it is that he is to come "if" you are able. ♡
Time is not a factor to God, time is a factor to mankind being in the snare of the rotations. It is written I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Do you not know this is saying God exists in past, present and future. The Second Coming is who you are talking to now in the future, their is events to occur in this time necessary for the windows on High to open. The past spoken in bible even book of Mormon is things fulfilled in the future what mankind would call time travel is a mystery of Gods works, even LDS know that certain fulfilling of prophecy must be done before the Second Coming and that there would be other appearance unknown to the world at large. What people do not know is that part of atonement was to overcome Death itself by changing a mortal fallen body a Son of man into a immortal risen body, this breaks the chains of Death and allows for Eternal life to come upon all who has believed.
Last edited by Emmanuel on September 12th, 2015, 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

I see you and know who you are.

And it is not Jesus Christ.♡

Emmanuel
captain of 100

Post by Emmanuel »

Robert Sinclair wrote:I see you and know who you are.

And it is not Jesus Christ.♡
You know not who I am and because of this when the call of Zion comes at the sounding of the trumpets you will not see the sign and will fall with the earth lest you repent and stop standing against the church, for Judas himself had the same spirit and begrudged me some expensive oil and saith it could be better spent for the poor, but he not knowing the mystery of the kindness of the women and the fulfilling of prophecy did not understand when it was said it is for the anointing of my burial. Judge not that ye be not judged for indeed this is the last generation. It saddens me that you make such judgements as you have virtue which is pleasing to me even if misguided. You should not make judgements against the leadership that they will enter the destruction for they will not.
Last edited by Emmanuel on September 12th, 2015, 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

I have been before him in spirit and have already known his voice, and it is not yours.

I would that you could awaken, but perhaps you are one, who must do and say the things you say and do, not even knowing that which you do, but serve your purpose to fullfill that which is written shall happen perfectly.♡

Emmanuel
captain of 100

Post by Emmanuel »

Robert Sinclair wrote:I have been before him in spirit and have already known his voice, and it is not yours.

I would that you could awaken, but perhaps you are one, who must do and say the things you say and do, not even knowing that which you do, but serve your purpose to fullfill that which is written shall happen perfectly.♡
The adversary can give people false memory's and make them believe they have seen things, people underestimate how much power the adversary has over the human mind. Your post contain allot of self righteousness though calling people to help the in need and poor is a good thing, judging them in doing so is not. I have read posts were you have accused the leaders of LDS as misleading it members to destruction, they can error but it will not be aloud to destroy the members into the darkness. Nor are they to enter the destruction you have claimed when reading certain prophecy's in book of Enoch. Thomas S Monson will be one of the souls who will be gathered and shall not fall with the earth for he has done many good things and my Father has shown me now he is indeed spoken to at times by the Heavens.

Emmanuel
captain of 100

Post by Emmanuel »

Sorry Brian did not mean for this to disrupt your thread, you are a good soul continue to teach love and give people a means to learn. seems when I post people like to focus on me rather than what I have said. peace I will leave your thread so as people don't contend with me.

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Nothing false about what I saw and heard, nothing but concern and care for Thomas Monson as well as you, Emmanuel, or whatever you wish to change, and change into and call yourself.

Hosea, Micah, Isaiah, Joel, Malachi, Mormon, Moroni, Jeremiah, all have written of the heads of Jacob and princes of the houses of Judah and Joseph and especially of Ephraim, and your words are different from theirs, so if you feel taking tithes away from the poor and using them on buildings, and land tracts, and malls, and million dollar unsold condos, before seeing the flocks are equal in their temporal things, I can see you are false, through and through, no true savior of this world, but one who uses deceit and false words.

The heads of Ephraim must acknowledge this offence, Jesus Christ has had written, and not as you claim, Emmanuel, or whatever you wish to call yourself from week to week.

Christ has had written to sound the alarm, over the perversion of equity, and this I do, and am not afraid of anything you say you can do to me, whatsoever.

Wake up Emmanuel, or whatever change of name, you wish to use, "if" you can and are able, but "if" not, go and continue that which you must do.♡

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Robert Sinclair wrote:Please email Senator Orrin Hatch, using the senario of the year of Jubilee, and Tzedakah and the United Order, that they all have one thing in common, and that is setting people up to be stewards over property, where they are also debt free, able to become self sustaining and self sufficient.

Ask him to look at the 18,600,000 plus or minus vacant homes in America, that to impart one unto a poor family, requires a tax penalty be paid, which the poor do not have.

And that, why in the world would a rich person or business, give one to a poor family when they know they will have to pay a penalty for a gift tax as well with no deduction offered under the current tax code.

I am serious. He sits on the committee with Wyden to amend the tax code, to be more just.

I just emailed his office again about this and asked him to please sit down with my state's Senator Ron Wyden, who should know about Jubilee and the highest levels of Tzedakah, that mirror, the imparting of land required by a covenant and a deed, of title, that cannot be broken, unto the poor, as required in the "law" of D&C 42.

I am only one voice, but others joining mine, might and perhaps, get them to give ear and consider these things.

Thanks if you can, it is as simple as going to their web site, going to where it says "contact" clicking on this, and sending an email of concern and sincerity. ♡
This is a good thing for many to do.♡

To help keep love one another and God, alive upon this earth.♡

BTH&T
captain of 100

Post by BTH&T »

Totally agree, we have failed to keep the two great commandments!

We as a nation do not love God with all of our heart, might, mind and strength.

As for the government, it has taken God out and we the people have let it!

If we do not love God who has given us everything, there is no way that we can love our neighbor!
Last edited by BTH&T on September 13th, 2015, 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Enoch
captain of 100

Post by Enoch »

1 John 4:20
19 We love, because He first loved us.
20 If someone says, "I love God," and hates his brother, he is a liar; for the one who does not love his brother whom he has seen, cannot love God whom he has not seen.
21 And this commandment we have from Him, that the one who loves God should love his brother also.

1 john 2:11
But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.

1 John 3
16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
17 But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?
18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
19 And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.

John 13:35
By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Romans 12:9
9 Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good.
10 Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor.

1 john 3
11 For this is the message which you have heard from the beginning, that we should love one another;

Ephesians 4
31 Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. 32Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you.

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

A good way to manifest this, love of God and one another, is by our own freewill, having land and homes, food and raiment, imparted unto all, as God has commanded of his children that love him, and will keep his commandments.

This county set up by God, allows men and women of their own freewill to set up and establish laws of the "Ordinances of Justice" that he has given unto us in the Scriptures.

It would be good for as many of us that see, that it is not needful to be commanded in all things, to contact our Senators and Congress members, and put out the call for such to be established.

Doing good of one's own freewill, is a good thing.♡

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Can the LDS church live their United Order as a light unto the world, of how to love God and each other?

Yes, with mighty faith in Jesus Christ, they could.♡

Serragon
captain of 1,000

Post by Serragon »

Most people fear freedom. They prefer the perceived safety of a paternal government. Because of this, they can't stand to see others living free and seek to force them to live under the same paternal structure they have chosen.

It won't be possible to live the two great commandments as a people until people are taught to love and desire freedom for themselves.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Serragon wrote:Most people fear freedom. They prefer the perceived safety of a paternal government. Because of this, they can't stand to see others living free and seek to force them to live under the same paternal structure they have chosen.

It won't be possible to live the two great commandments as a people until people are taught to love and desire freedom for themselves.
I think there is a lot of truth to that.
Yet, I think a lot has a lot to do with maturity.
Children cannot handle much freedom without hurting themselves because their sense of judgement is immature.
Many people today act as children, who have not exercised their ability to think and discern good from evil.
IMO, There is an unprecedented failure of families - particularly children being abandoned (to day-care orphanages, video-games, meds, etc) have not been taught and guided as children need.

The basis - the foundation of society is the family. That is where all humanity learns or fails to learn to love God (higher love based on truth), and others as well as themselves.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

BrotherOfMahonri wrote:OK.... so what do you feel God is asking you to do? You have put up this great forum, that is an amazing start. But then what? We all talk about it, all agree with it mostly... and...
An amazing start, huh.. LOL. I've done much more than that. We should seek to know the will of the Lord in our own lives. We should all do what we feel inspired to do. It's also important to learn/understand correct principles so that we are doing all we can to avoid contributing to the problem in the first place.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Brian,
I agree that we each need to live and love as we feel inspired to.
Each has unique spiritual gifts, skills & talents - so each's contribution is unique.

Personally, I feel passionate about education!
There's more I want to do someday, but now, my priority is my kids. I feel so strongly about helping others through teaching (aka sharing testimony of obstacles I've overcome), to make this world a little better.
Still, I keep reminding myself as JA Widtsoe said, "When each man sets his own house in order, the whole world will be in order."