Attacks on First Freedom

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
prisonchaplain
captain of 50

Attacks on First Freedom

Post by prisonchaplain »

I just did a google of "religious freedom" and found that many secular pundits and groups frame our First Freedom as bigotry. They say that the sexual mores common to traditional practices of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam--indeed most religions--is hatred and bigotry--incompatible with enlightened, inclusive America. I love this quote: America did not create religious freedom. Religious freedom created America. Any effort to weaken or jettison the free exercise of religion should be deemed politically incorrect, and unworthy of response. An attack on the First Amendment is unAmerican.

light-one
captain of 100

Re: Attacks on First Freedom

Post by light-one »

Yeah, it's too bad God frowns on killing as we could solve this problem in a single day.

prisonchaplain
captain of 50

Re: Attacks on First Freedom

Post by prisonchaplain »

There are times when I want to shake with rage, and ask God to rain fire and brimstone down. Yet even Old Testament Abraham asked God to spare those two cities, if 10 righteous could be found. Most communities within the world have that. So, rather than give in to cynicism, pessimism, or fatalism (sometimes my own rapture theology can seem to lend to that)...ours is to do what Jesus said--love God and neighbor, and continue on with the Great Commission.