God's Punishing Us Because Non-Christians Are Given Religious Freedom

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

God's Punishing Us Because Non-Christians Are Given Religious Freedom

Post by Joel »

BTH&T
captain of 100

Re: God's Punishing Us Because Non-Christians Are Given Religious Freedom

Post by BTH&T »

Your heading is a bit construed.

This land was blessed upon our faithfulness to the Lord. We as a Nation are reaping the rewards for unrighteousness and turning from God. What others are allowed to believe is their free agency. I agree with much of what this Pastor said, we can show respect for others and their beliefs, but saying that they are the same God by another name is wrong.

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

Depriving others of their free agency was Satan's plan.

I like the plan of salvation better. Even if it means that I suffer for a time due to the choices that others make.

I don't see it as punishment, I see it as a forging process. You can't make a fine blade without first sticking it in the forge, and then hammering, and polishing it to perfection.

Nebguy
captain of 50

Post by Nebguy »

markharr wrote:Depriving others of their free agency was Satan's plan.

I like the plan of salvation better. Even if it means that I suffer for a time due to the choices that others make.

I don't see it as punishment, I see it as a forging process. You can't make a fine blade without first sticking it in the forge, and then hammering, and polishing it to perfection.
Our nation is falling out of favor for a lot of reasons, but allowing others who don't share our religious beliefs to worship isn't one of them. This pastor would be better served by using his energy to defend his first amendment right to post these kinds of messages, because we live under the rule of corrupt would be kings who would love nothing more than to silence him. Just my opinion.