"The Gospel and Animals"

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Re: "The Gospel and Animals"

Post by freedomforall »

I was thinking that I want a Tyrannosaurus Rex for a pet in heaven. :|
Tyrannosaurus Rex1.jpg
Tyrannosaurus Rex1.jpg (42.96 KiB) Viewed 1602 times

Protector
captain of 50

Post by Protector »

Yeah I always wondered where all the dinosaurs will be in the next life.

captainfearnot
captain of 1,000

Post by captainfearnot »

(This is not based on any gospel principles as I understand them, just my observation of culture and society and how they evolve and progress.)

It fascinates me how generations come to develop different moral standards.

To describe it in simplistic terms, my grandparents were racists. But somehow my parents figured out that they were wrong, and are not racists themselves.

However, my parents are homophobic. But somehow my siblings and I figured out that they are wrong, and we are not homophobic ourselves.

I've often wondered what bigotry I myself am guilty of, that my children will figure out I am wrong about? What evil, unjust practice seems completely normal and acceptable to my generation, that will be abhorred by future generations?

I think it might have something to do with animals.

BTH&T
captain of 100

Post by BTH&T »

captainfearnot wrote:(This is not based on any gospel principles as I understand them, just my observation of culture and society and how they evolve and progress.)

It fascinates me how generations come to develop different moral standards.

To describe it in simplistic terms, my grandparents were racists. But somehow my parents figured out that they were wrong, and are not racists themselves.

However, my parents are homophobic. But somehow my siblings and I figured out that they are wrong, and we are not homophobic ourselves.

I've often wondered what bigotry I myself am guilty of, that my children will figure out I am wrong about? What evil, unjust practice seems completely normal and acceptable to my generation, that will be abhorred by future generations?

I think it might have something to do with animals.
Out of curiosity define "racist", "homophobic".

The reason I ask is because the "world" definitions are not always Gods definitions. Most worldly "Labeling" is created to make some feel bad/wrong for not following "current" ways.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

What evil, unjust practice seems completely normal and acceptable to my generation, that will be abhorred by future generations?
Butchering living, human babies and selling their body parts for profit? Most people today seem to think this evil, unjust practice is normal and acceptable (our taxes even pay for the murders/murderers). Most likely, future generations living in the Millennium will abhor such things though.

BTH&T
captain of 100

Post by BTH&T »

Tabula Rasa wrote:
What evil, unjust practice seems completely normal and acceptable to my generation, that will be abhorred by future generations?
Butchering living, human babies and selling their body parts for profit? Most people today seem to think this evil, unjust practice is normal and acceptable (our taxes even pay for the murders/murderers). Most likely, future generations living in the Millennium will abhor such things though.
SO TRUE!!!!!

People of God abhor it now.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

Sirocco wrote:What do I eat, I mean it's heaven there'll be jerk chicken in heaven right?
I don't care as much about the jerked chicken as I do bacon. If there's no bacon, it isn't heaven. If heaven doesn't have bacon, they might as well play Justin Bieber all day and night, and have Rosie O'Donnell as the door greeter.

All things with gratitude. I'm not above the concept that my perspectives may change with more of an eternal slant thrown on them, but for today, don't rob me of my bacon. I've already had too much taken away.

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

skmo wrote:
Sirocco wrote:What do I eat, I mean it's heaven there'll be jerk chicken in heaven right?
I don't care as much about the jerked chicken as I do bacon. If there's no bacon, it isn't heaven. If heaven doesn't have bacon, they might as well play Justin Bieber all day and night, and have Rosie O'Donnell as the door greeter.

All things with gratitude. I'm not above the concept that my perspectives may change with more of an eternal slant thrown on them, but for today, don't rob me of my bacon. I've already had too much taken away.
We'll go to our reward where we're happiest. ;)

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

Elizabeth wrote: July 30th, 2015, 1:09 am It would not be much of an eternal heaven for animals if they are to be killed and eaten for food.

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

Elizabeth wrote: October 31st, 2020, 4:29 am
Elizabeth wrote: July 30th, 2015, 1:09 am It would not be much of an eternal heaven for animals if they are to be killed and eaten for food.
Plants are living beings too. I think we'll live on milk and honey.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Matchmaker wrote: July 30th, 2015, 4:43 am Animals have souls. I can't quote the exact words but Brigham Young said animals (dogs, cats, horses, etc.) lost their voices during the fall and will regain their voices when resurrected as they will eventually testify for and against man.
There’s a new thread that touches on that in the private forum, with convincing evidence.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

How about spiders, flies and cockroaches if found within our homes?

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

SmallFarm wrote: October 31st, 2020, 10:56 am
Elizabeth wrote: October 31st, 2020, 4:29 am
Plants are living beings too. I think we'll live on milk and honey.
25The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.

Imo...eating plants is the equivalent of drinking milk.

The earth is one body. I don't think plants are indivdule intelligences. Plants are part of her body

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

Elizabeth wrote: October 31st, 2020, 3:47 pm How about spiders, flies and cockroaches if found within our homes?
I like spiders. They'll be welcome in my house I guess.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »