South Is Locked And Loaded

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Bgood
captain of 1,000

South Is Locked And Loaded

Post by Bgood »

Amen! I wish the South would rise up and take Washington, that would be awesome!

Bgood
captain of 1,000

Re: South Is Locked And Loaded

Post by Bgood »

We are witnessing the persecution of Christians through the principle of incrementalism. Hitler did the same. First, there was the public chastising of the Jews. Then they were denied employment and the right to publicly practice their religion. Then the worst began to happen.

burning booksToday in the United States, the abolishment of Christianity is underway. Through the DHS sponsored Clergy Response Team and making churches into IRS controlled tax exempt foundations, the message from the pulpit is being controlled. Now we are witnessing the marginalizing of Christians and the removal Christian practices from all public venues. Christian traditions are being erased.

Bgood
captain of 1,000

Post by Bgood »

America is living in a time when she is being deculturized. We are being stripped of our way of life. This administration would force you to accept homosexual marriage regardless of your religious beliefs and teachings on the subject. Many of the homosexual groups cry out for equality. However, some go much further as they bait the owners of bakeries into lawsuits who will not sell wedding cakes to homosexual couples because it violates their Christian values. Good people are being threatened with law suits for the same reasons. “We have the right to refuse service to anyone” does not apply to those of a Christian persuasion.

Bgood
captain of 1,000

Post by Bgood »

I strongly support the notion of religious toleration. However, as an American citizen, I feel compelled to proclaim that my Christian religion formed the backbone of the creation of this nation. I make no apologies for this statement, because it is true. All first year law students learn that the 10 Commandments form the foundation for our legal code. Subsequently, as I acknowledge the validity of religious toleration as a societal ideal, I will not, and cannot accept the ongoing attacks on the dominant culture and its native and dominant religion by fundamental extremists representing views which run contrary to the dominant culture. We must not acquiesce to the will of the minority. We can honor toleration without sacrificing our national identity.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

Bgood wrote:America is living in a time when she is being deculturized. We are being stripped of our way of life. This administration would force you to accept homosexual marriage regardless of your religious beliefs and teachings on the subject. Many of the homosexual groups cry out for equality. However, some go much further as they bait the owners of bakeries into lawsuits who will not sell wedding cakes to homosexual couples because it violates their Christian values. Good people are being threatened with law suits for the same reasons. “We have the right to refuse service to anyone” does not apply to those of a Christian persuasion.
They should have just made the cake. Now they have to deal with it.

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

rewcox wrote:
Bgood wrote:America is living in a time when she is being deculturized. We are being stripped of our way of life. This administration would force you to accept homosexual marriage regardless of your religious beliefs and teachings on the subject. Many of the homosexual groups cry out for equality. However, some go much further as they bait the owners of bakeries into lawsuits who will not sell wedding cakes to homosexual couples because it violates their Christian values. Good people are being threatened with law suits for the same reasons. “We have the right to refuse service to anyone” does not apply to those of a Christian persuasion.
Negative, Rewcox. The ability to associate and DISassociate is critical to maintaining a free society.
At some point, we'll all have to draw a line demarcating what we will and will not accede to, in terms of government infringing our "rights".

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

Obrien wrote:
rewcox wrote:
Negative, Rewcox. The ability to associate and DISassociate is critical to maintaining a free society.
At some point, we'll all have to draw a line demarcating what we will and will not accede to, in terms of government infringing our "rights".
If you are going to be in retail, then sell to all. And don't expose someone's address.

From a religious standpoint, you shouldn't be forced to marry someone.

If you make excellent Lemon Juice, even sell or give to TBMs.

farmerchick
captain of 1,000

Post by farmerchick »

No Shoes No shirt No service.......This is the American way......or at least it used to be....No one should ever be compelled to serve anyone else.....that's called slavery.....If someone won't work for you for whatever reason.....find someone else who will.....That's why we have become the greatest nation the earth has ever known and everyone wants to come here. Gay or no Gay.....the principle is the same. Are we free or are we slaves?

Bgood
captain of 1,000

Post by Bgood »

Bgood wrote:We are witnessing the persecution of Christians through the principle of incrementalism. Hitler did the same. First, there was the public chastising of the Jews. Then they were denied employment and the right to publicly practice their religion. Then the worst began to happen.

burning booksToday in the United States, the abolishment of Christianity is underway. Through the DHS sponsored Clergy Response Team and making churches into IRS controlled tax exempt foundations, the message from the pulpit is being controlled. Now we are witnessing the marginalizing of Christians and the removal Christian practices from all public venues. Christian traditions are being erased.
How long before the iconic southeastern face of Mount Rushmore, which features four presidents carved into the rock, is also defaced and destroyed in the name of political correctness? After all, two of those men – Thomas Jefferson and George Washington – owned slaves.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

Teancum
captain of 100

Post by Teancum »

farmerchick wrote:No Shoes No shirt No service.......This is the American way......or at least it used to be....No one should ever be compelled to serve anyone else.....that's called slavery.....If someone won't work for you for whatever reason.....find someone else who will.....That's why we have become the greatest nation the earth has ever known and everyone wants to come here. Gay or no Gay.....the principle is the same. Are we free or are we slaves?
That part is not true. See Ether 1:42 - 43:
42 And when thou hast done this thou shalt go at the head of them down into the valley which is northward. And there will I meet thee, and I will go before thee into a land which is choice above all the lands of the earth.

43 And there will I bless thee and thy seed, and raise up unto me of thy seed, and of the seed of thy brother, and they who shall go with thee, a great nation. And there shall be none greater than the nation which I will raise up unto me of thy seed, upon all the face of the earth. And thus I will do unto thee because this long time ye have cried unto me.
Yes, this land is a promise land choice above all other lands, but there was a nation greater than any we have now, or will likely attain later.

That, however, does not mean we give up, and quit trying to better our nation.