Democrats Introduce Bill to Ban ‘Husband’ and ‘Wife’ as ‘Anti-Gay’ Words

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Bgood
captain of 1,000

Democrats Introduce Bill to Ban ‘Husband’ and ‘Wife’ as ‘Anti-Gay’ Words

Post by Bgood »

The words husband and wife were deleted from California state law last year in order to accommodate same sex marriage.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Re: Democrats Introduce Bill to Ban ‘Husband’ and ‘Wife’ as ‘Anti-Gay’ Words

Post by Sirocco »

...That makes no sense, gay people use those too.

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

Sirocco wrote:...That makes no sense, gay people use those too.
Most gay people have no idea how they have been used as a political tool. It's pretty sad actually. Hopefully, as this progresses, more will awaken to that fact and begin to question their paradigms.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

SmallFarm wrote:
Sirocco wrote:...That makes no sense, gay people use those too.
Most gay people have no idea how they have been used as a political tool. It's pretty sad actually. Hopefully, as this progresses, more will awaken to that fact and begin to question their paradigms.
Most people, gay or straight, don't realise how they are used as political tools

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

Indubitably

Bgood
captain of 1,000

Post by Bgood »

I strongly support the notion of religious toleration. However, as an American citizen, I feel compelled to proclaim that my Christian religion formed the backbone of the creation of this nation. I make no apologies for this statement, because it is true. All first year law students learn that the 10 Commandments form the foundation for our legal code. Subsequently, as I acknowledge the validity of religious toleration as a societal ideal, I will not, and cannot accept the ongoing attacks on the dominant culture and its native and dominant religion by fundamental extremists representing views which run contrary to the dominant culture. We must not acquiesce to the will of the minority. We can honor toleration without sacrificing our national identity.

Bgood
captain of 1,000

Post by Bgood »

I strongly support the notion of religious toleration. However, as an American citizen, I feel compelled to proclaim that my Christian religion formed the backbone of the creation of this nation. I make no apologies for this statement, because it is true. All first year law students learn that the 10 Commandments form the foundation for our legal code. Subsequently, as I acknowledge the validity of religious toleration as a societal ideal, I will not, and cannot accept the ongoing attacks on the dominant culture and its native and dominant religion by fundamental extremists representing views which run contrary to the dominant culture. We must not acquiesce to the will of the minority. We can honor toleration without sacrificing our national identity.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

So many people claim to speak for me, but never do they wish to hear what I have to say.

Nebguy
captain of 50

Post by Nebguy »

Bgood wrote:I strongly support the notion of religious toleration. However, as an American citizen, I feel compelled to proclaim that my Christian religion formed the backbone of the creation of this nation. I make no apologies for this statement, because it is true. All first year law students learn that the 10 Commandments form the foundation for our legal code. Subsequently, as I acknowledge the validity of religious toleration as a societal ideal, I will not, and cannot accept the ongoing attacks on the dominant culture and its native and dominant religion by fundamental extremists representing views which run contrary to the dominant culture. We must not acquiesce to the will of the minority. We can honor toleration without sacrificing our national identity.
You and 90% of the population feel this way. We are the silent majority. Unfortunately, the 10% have hijacked this great nation and have done a great job at silencing the majority with their SOP buzzwords like "racist" "bigot" "homophobe" etc etc.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

Nebguy wrote:
Bgood wrote:I strongly support the notion of religious toleration. However, as an American citizen, I feel compelled to proclaim that my Christian religion formed the backbone of the creation of this nation. I make no apologies for this statement, because it is true. All first year law students learn that the 10 Commandments form the foundation for our legal code. Subsequently, as I acknowledge the validity of religious toleration as a societal ideal, I will not, and cannot accept the ongoing attacks on the dominant culture and its native and dominant religion by fundamental extremists representing views which run contrary to the dominant culture. We must not acquiesce to the will of the minority. We can honor toleration without sacrificing our national identity.
You and 90% of the population feel this way. We are the silent majority. Unfortunately, the 10% have hijacked this great nation and have done a great job at silencing the majority with their SOP buzzwords like "racist" "bigot" "homophobe" etc etc.
Like everything some people can go too far, while I agree with a lot of it I do think they go too far at times, like any person.
Both sides go too far, neither want to agree on anything, find peace and live side by side. Just snuff out the other from existence.