Where some of our Democratic values come from

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Lockey
captain of 10

Where some of our Democratic values come from

Post by Lockey »

http://www.senate.gov/reference/resourc ... res331.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Re: Where some of our Democratic values come from

Post by Matchmaker »

Thanks for posting this. One of my direct ancestors came from the Montauk tribe and was a direct descendant of Chief Wyandanch. When the British were in America and many eastern natives were killed by disease, the Montauketts eventually merged with the other local tribes and became known as a branch of the Mohegans.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

We are not a Democracy, we are a Constitutional Republic.

What is Allodial Title?

What is Manufacture Statement of Origin, MSO, and what is it for?

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

freedomforall wrote:We are not a Democracy, we are a Constitutional Republic.

What is Allodial Title?

We started as a constitutional republic.

We however are not anymore.

But I belive the above statement would have made more sence said.

Some of the democratic parts of our government came from....the original governement being a constitutional republic still had a few democratic aspects. Though few. Our founders knew the dangers of a democracy like we unfortunately now have.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Ezra wrote:
freedomforall wrote:We are not a Democracy, we are a Constitutional Republic.

What is Allodial Title?

We started as a constitutional republic.

We however are not anymore.

But I belive the above statement would have made more sence said.

Some of the democratic parts of our government came from....the original government being a constitutional republic still had a few democratic aspects. Though few. Our founders knew the dangers of a democracy like we unfortunately now have.
Michael B says we are living under a Communistic Government today. I can't believe how gullible we Americans are. We've allowed freedom and liberty to slide through our fingers, and for what? It's just like a criminal that walks into a jail, enters a cell and closes the door behind them. Then actually asks the jailer to lock the door.
We all will be in a cell of our own making because we haven't learned to keep the commandments of God, and to worship him with all our hearts. Even the righteous will mourn because of wicked people. While one person clings with all there might to a wall and cringes, 100 people will be getting the effects of the wrath of God. And the one may be hurt from all of it. Not all the righteous will go through chaos and destruction unscathed.