Power to the WICKED people!!!!!

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
ROB GIBBSEN
captain of 100

Power to the WICKED people!!!!!

Post by ROB GIBBSEN »

1 Ne 4:11-13
11 And the Spirit said unto me again: Behold the Lord hath delivered him into thy hands. Yea, and I also knew that he had sought to take away mine own life; yea, and he would not hearken unto the commandments of the Lord; and he also had taken away our property.
12 And it came to pass that the Spirit said unto me again: Slay him, for the Lord hath delivered him into thy hands;
13 Behold the Lord slayeth the wicked to bring forth his righteous purposes. It is better that one man should perish than that a nation should dwindle and perish in unbelief.
That rocks!

That reminds me of the power of the government today. Government has the power to take our property away and demand more whenever it deems necessary. We are slaves to government power with the amount of taxes we pay. Just think of the amount of our lives government power takes from us through our daily work at our jobs. How much of our time goes to support government and not ourselves and our families.

Of course just remember who gives that power to the government, the majority. It is a wicked mess we find ourselves. A country that refuses to submit to and worship Jesus is doom to our fate. People must have the Spirit if they are to be trusted with so much power. Never trust a wicked people, especially a wicked people with voting rights. People must worship Jesus for liberty to take place. What people call Freedom today is a counterfeit produced by Satan.

Who thinks the people who do not worship Jesus Christ and grants government more power over people through Satan’s skillful tactics are setting themselves up for the same fate Laban found?

fck
captain of 50

Re: Power to the WICKED people!!!!!

Post by fck »

ROB GIBBSEN wrote:
1 Ne 4:11-13
11 And the Spirit said unto me again: Behold the Lord hath delivered him into thy hands. Yea, and I also knew that he had sought to take away mine own life; yea, and he would not hearken unto the commandments of the Lord; and he also had taken away our property.
12 And it came to pass that the Spirit said unto me again: Slay him, for the Lord hath delivered him into thy hands;
13 Behold the Lord slayeth the wicked to bring forth his righteous purposes. It is better that one man should perish than that a nation should dwindle and perish in unbelief.
That rocks!

That reminds me of the power of the government today. Government has the power to take our property away and demand more whenever it deems necessary. We are slaves to government power with the amount of taxes we pay. Just think of the amount of our lives government power takes from us through our daily work at our jobs. How much of our time goes to support government and not ourselves and our families.

Of course just remember who gives that power to the government, the majority. It is a wicked mess we find ourselves. A country that refuses to submit to and worship Jesus is doom to our fate. People must have the Spirit if they are to be trusted with so much power. Never trust a wicked people, especially a wicked people with voting rights. People must worship Jesus for liberty to take place. What people call Freedom today is a counterfeit produced by Satan.

Who thinks the people who do not worship Jesus Christ and grants government more power over people through Satan’s skillful tactics are setting themselves up for the same fate Laban found?
Well here are somethings that will be happening before Christ coming:
1. earthquakes
2. darken sun --symbolic of all God creations in mourning because of the wickedness of the world. Just check this out http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20080701/ ... dedinspace
3. blood moon--perhaps because of earthquakes---dust and debris in the atmosphere
4.falling stars --metetors and perhaps the biggest earthquake the earth will ever know will the make the stars look like they are falling Rev.16:18
5. heaven opening as a scroll--I am not sure just yet about this one
6.movement of the mountains and islands
7.fear --people will try to hide from God--people will be freaking out---they will have no faith

These are happening all the time or will happen in the Lord's time.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Maybe my definition of wickedness, or my perspective of a wicked person is incorrect, but I have noted that many people who seem to worship the Saviour by faithfully attending church meetings, paying their tithing, attending the temple regularly, doing their family history work, doing their home teaching, magnifying their sometimes demanding callings, anad so on, still support government programs and legislation that robs their fellow citizens of liberty and property. I am inclined to attribute this to ignorance rather than wickedness.

ROB GIBBSEN
captain of 100

Post by ROB GIBBSEN »

lundbaek wrote:Maybe my definition of wickedness, or my perspective of a wicked person is incorrect, but I have noted that many people who seem to worship the Saviour by faithfully attending church meetings, paying their tithing, attending the temple regularly, doing their family history work, doing their home teaching, magnifying their sometimes demanding callings, anad so on, still support government programs and legislation that robs their fellow citizens of liberty and property. I am inclined to attribute this to ignorance rather than wickedness.

Exactly, that is why I framed the question the way I did

drjme
captain of 1,000

Post by drjme »

We are slaves to government power with the amount of taxes we pay. Just think of the amount of our lives government power takes from us through our daily work at our jobs
well to start I pay
-30% business tax
-12.5% goods and services tax on everything
there goes 42.5% of my income in one fell swoop.

then there is property tax, petrol tax, car registration tax, road user tax, tax tax tax...................................

I don't mind paying taxes, it's just they keep making up new ones all the time. :(