Wanted: BOM

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
CBentley
captain of 100

Re: Wanted: BOM

Post by CBentley »

threepercentite,

I could list several, but I will focus on two.

I think Mormon 8:33-41 is written directly to us as members of the Church.

Specifically, Moroni scolds us for "pollut[ing] the holy church of God." How can an apostate church be "the holy church of God"? He can't be referring to anybody other than us.

Additionally, I personally believe 2 Nephi 28 also takes us to task. I believe this is for several reasons, which I won't get into now. My reference point is D&C 109:60, which refers to us as "Gentiles."

I believe that when the ancient prophets talked about Columbus' coming to America, along with our forefathers, those people were the Gentiles in that era. But once the Church was restored, we are "identified" with them and fall under the same condemnation from God's prophets, as members of the Church living in Gentile nations, if we do not repent of the evil which they have warned us about.

I hasten to add that we have no right to engage in the public condemning of others' actions within our own faith, particularly church leadership, because that is a sure path down the road of apostasy.

That's why President Benson emphatically told us that WE had to "cleanse the inner vessel." I've read numerous posts in here and see a pattern of frustration and sometimes anger towards local leaders who are basically cheering for and supporting the other side in this second part to the War in Heaven. Those kinds of feelings will drive away the Spirit from our lives, even though we are correct in principle regarding our position.

I believe we must stand for correct principles and let God sort out the wheat and tares. Our task is to become wheat. Tares' days are numbered.

Stephen
captain of 1,000

Post by Stephen »

This book is the best compilation on that topic I have ever seen! You will not be disappointed if you purchase it or can find a copy to peruse. I'll try to remember to grab my copy out to give some examples.

http://www.amazon.com/Prophetic-Warning ... 341&sr=1-2

Wormwood
captain of 100

Post by Wormwood »

I wonder about that one time and I look up the conferance talks on the church web sit.

Proud 2b Peculiar
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Proud 2b Peculiar »

1 Ne. 13: 3-4, 10, 12-17, 19, 23, 25-26, 29-35, 38-40, 42

2 Ne. 10: 8-11, 16, 18

3 Ne. 16: 4, 6-10, 12-13

3 Ne. 21: 2, 5-6, 11-12, 14

Ether 12: 22-23, 25, 28, 35-36, 38

Morm. 5: 9-10, 15, 19-20, 22

There are a TON, search through the scriptures online in the gospel library