Secret Combinations - i.e. conspiracy

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Jason
Master of Puppets

Secret Combinations - i.e. conspiracy

Post by Jason »

Reading List
http://yophat.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

History of Secret Combinations in America
http://www.scribd.com/doc/72828788/Hist ... in-America" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also found here...
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=9376&p=239910" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Moss Man
captain of 100

Re: Secret Combinations - i.e. conspiracy

Post by Moss Man »

Thanks for your reading list.

Benjamin_LK
captain of 1,000

Post by Benjamin_LK »

Legion wrote:Reading List
http://yophat.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

History of Secret Combinations in America
http://www.scribd.com/doc/72828788/Hist ... in-America" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also found here...
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=9376&p=239910" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm not sure I agree with all of it, a lot of the secret combinations are not entirely certain and debatable, but I'll be brief, the counsel of Paul the apostle could very well be considered applicable to our day when the sword is considered the word of God in Ephesians. Secret Combinations thrive based on false doctrine, and acceptance of it thereof. It's a key to remember that a staunch pusher of a false doctrine, or a person heavily preoccupied with bringing down the church (most people feel like leaving it be, for the most part), is more than likely a
member of some sort of secret combination. If the devil is their leader, then it's very much logical that they would hate the church and/or it's doctrines.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Ezra Taft Benson endorsed the book "None Dare Call It Conspiracy" by Gary Allen and recommended it in the April 1972 General Conference. Then in the October 1988 General Conference, as the Prophet, he testified that "A secret combination that seeks to overthrow the freedom of all lands, nations and countries is increasing its evil influence and control over America and the entire world." More recently, President Boyd K. Packer, in the August 2010 Ensign, Pg. 23 : "We live in a time of war, that spiritual war that will never end. Moroni warned us that the secret combinations begun by Gadianton ‘are had among all people. . . . Wherefore, O ye Gentiles [and the term gentile in that place in the Book of Mormon refers to us in our generation], it is wisdom in God that these things should be shown unto you, that thereby ye may repent of your sins, and suffer not that these murderous combinations shall get above you. . . . Wherefore, the Lord commandeth you, when ye shall see these things come among you that ye shall awake to a sense of your awful situation, because of this secret combination which shall be among you." [Ether 8:20, 23–24]

This should not be new to any LDS students of secret combination, but it may enlighten others not necessarily concerned about this subject.

Benjamin_LK
captain of 1,000

Post by Benjamin_LK »

lundbaek wrote:Ezra Taft Benson endorsed the book "None Dare Call It Conspiracy" by Gary Allen and recommended it in the April 1972 General Conference. Then in the October 1988 General Conference, as the Prophet, he testified that "A secret combination that seeks to overthrow the freedom of all lands, nations and countries is increasing its evil influence and control over America and the entire world." More recently, President Boyd K. Packer, in the August 2010 Ensign, Pg. 23 : "We live in a time of war, that spiritual war that will never end. Moroni warned us that the secret combinations begun by Gadianton ‘are had among all people. . . . Wherefore, O ye Gentiles [and the term gentile in that place in the Book of Mormon refers to us in our generation], it is wisdom in God that these things should be shown unto you, that thereby ye may repent of your sins, and suffer not that these murderous combinations shall get above you. . . . Wherefore, the Lord commandeth you, when ye shall see these things come among you that ye shall awake to a sense of your awful situation, because of this secret combination which shall be among you." [Ether 8:20, 23–24]

This should not be new to any LDS students of secret combination, but it may enlighten others not necessarily concerned about this subject.
The foundation of Secret Combinations is false doctrine. False Doctrine is overcome by the gospel of Christ far more than attempts and speculation as to whether or not my neighbor is part of some ideal secret combination. The false doctrine is the root of power, point out their main lies, or in the words of John Newton regarding the slave trade d#%@ them all. Show people the reality of the doctrines and what they bring. The devil can put on any number of masks, my friend, and has plenty of deceivers who profess to point out the real conspirators. The leadership of the church has the right idea in surging missionary activity, after all, the word of god is the sword, or powerful offensive weapon, as stated in Ephesians 6, and if want to argue that Paul had zero awareness of our day, well, that's missing an understanding of the purpose of the NT.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

The length depiction of Amalickiah and Captain Moroni shows the nature of secret combinations as well as how we can combat them. Unfortunately though its a numbers game as stated by King Benjamin and King Mosiah. When the majority vote their choice....

If only Lehonti had been a little more vigilant and wary...

If only the people could choose to search out and obey the laws of God...but the scriptures are quite clear....when they become a law unto themselves destruction shortly follows.

Valiance
captain of 100

Post by Valiance »

Jason... to that first and last video... :ymapplause: ! Hat tip. :ymhug:

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Legion wrote:The length depiction of Amalickiah and Captain Moroni shows the nature of secret combinations as well as how we can combat them. Unfortunately though its a numbers game as stated by King Benjamin and King Mosiah. When the majority vote their choice....

If only the people could choose to search out and obey the laws of God...but the scriptures are quite clear....when they become a law unto themselves destruction shortly follows.
Amalickiah, Lehonti, and more:
https://bookofmormonnotes.wordpress.com ... -by-grego/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Army Of Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Army Of Truth »

JohnnyL wrote:
Legion wrote:The length depiction of Amalickiah and Captain Moroni shows the nature of secret combinations as well as how we can combat them. Unfortunately though its a numbers game as stated by King Benjamin and King Mosiah. When the majority vote their choice....

Amalickiah, Lehonti, and more:
https://bookofmormonnotes.wordpress.com ... -by-grego/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
great article! Alma 47 is a gem that directly parallels our day.

Amalickiah was the best example of a “scheming leader” that deceived the Lamanites into war using a ‘False Flag’ event and mass propaganda. After he killed the Lamanite King, he blamed the King’s servants (v.24-26). He then made a proclamation to his people to find and kill these servants (v.27). He even appointed Lamanites to stand on towers and preach fear and hatred against the Nephites. (reminds me of our current mainstream media always preaching fear and hatred of "Muslims", Iraq, Iran, etc.) Thus by using fraud, deceit, and murder, he ascended into power and control by infiltrating government. Having accomplished this, he had the support of the people and became King.

Do we have “Amalickiahs” in our day? Corrupt leaders who use False Flags, lies, fear, hate, and media propaganda to lead us into unconstitutional wars and shred our rights? Remember, Christ showed our day to Moroni. (Mormon 8:35)
Was Moroni was trying to warn us with parallels from his time to liken to us?

heartsongs
captain of 100

Post by heartsongs »

It is really sad that still, so many are asleep at the wheel and see not what is right before their [open] eyes. As I was searching and reading today I came across these excellent videos that go right along with this subject matter. They are right on! Sorry, I don't know how to actually put the video "into" the post, but, I will paste in the links. They are both about the Gads and secret combinations etc.

Lord come quickly and deliver us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzTZA5AXsdQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_5xc50wKl8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YO_T0I3gUg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHQI6z4A7aE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

heartsongs wrote:It is really sad that still, so many are asleep at the wheel and see not what is right before their [open] eyes. As I was searching and reading today I came across these excellent videos that go right along with this subject matter. They are right on! Sorry, I don't know how to actually put the video "into" the post, but, I will paste in the links. They are both about the Gads and secret combinations etc.

Lord come quickly and deliver us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzTZA5AXsdQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_5xc50wKl8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YO_T0I3gUg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHQI6z4A7aE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Great videos and reminder of a couple examples to emulate! President Benson certainly called it as he saw it...and I love these two talks that they referenced!
As a special witness of Jesus Christ, and as His humble servant, it is now my obligation and privilege, as the Spirit dictates, to bear pure testimony and witness to that which I know to be true. (See Alma 4:19.) This I will do.

I testify that we are the spirit offspring of a loving God, our Heavenly Father (see Acts 17:29; 1 Ne. 17:36). He has a great plan of salvation whereby His children might be perfected as He is and might have a fulness of joy as He enjoys. (See 1 Ne. 10:18; 2 Ne. 2:25; Alma 24:14; Alma 34:9; 3 Ne. 12:48; 3 Ne. 28:10.)

I testify that in our premortal state our Elder Brother in the spirit, even Jesus Christ, became our foreordained Savior in the Father’s plan of salvation. (See Mosiah 4:6–7; Alma 34:9.) He is the captain of our salvation and the only means through whom we can return to our Father in Heaven to gain that fulness of joy. (See Heb. 2:10; Mosiah 3:17; Alma 38:9.)

I testify that Lucifer was also in the council of heaven. He sought to destroy the agency of man. He rebelled. (See Moses 4:3.) There was a war in heaven, and a third of the hosts were cast to the earth and denied a body. (See Rev. 12:7–9; D&C 29:36–37.) Lucifer is the enemy of all righteousness and seeks the misery of all mankind. (See 2 Ne. 2:18, 27; Mosiah 4:14.)

I testify that all those who come into mortality accepted our Father’s plan. (See Abr. 3:26.) Having proved faithful in their first estate in heaven, they are now subject to the test of mortality in this second estate. That test entails doing all things whatsoever the Lord requires. (See Abr. 3:25.) Those who prove faithful in this second estate will have glory added upon their heads forever and ever. (See Abr. 3:26.)

I testify that God reveals His will to all men through the Light of Christ. (See Moro. 7:16; D&C 93:2; John 1:9.) They receive the additional light of the gift of the Holy Ghost through the laying on of hands by God’s authorized servants following baptism. (See A of F 1:4; D&C 20:41.)

I testify that throughout the ages God has spoken to His children through His prophets. (See Amos 3:7; Hel. 8:13–20.) Only when His children rejected the prophets were the prophets taken out of their midst, and then tragedy followed. (See 1 Ne. 3:17–18; 1 Ne. 7:14; Hel. 13:24–27.)

I testify that Christ was born into mortality with Mary as His mother and our Heavenly Father as His father. (See 1 Ne. 11:18–21; Mosiah 3:8.) He lived a sinless life, providing us a perfect example. (See D&C 45:4; 3 Ne. 12:48; 3 Ne. 27:27.) He worked out the great Atonement, which, through His grace, provides for every soul a resurrection and, for the faithful, the means to become exalted in the celestial kingdom. (See A of F 1:3; 2 Ne. 25:23; Mosiah 4:6–7; Alma 11:41–45; D&C 76:50–70; D&C 132:19.)

I testify that during His mortal ministry Christ established His church on the earth. (See Matt. 16:18; Acts 2:47; 3 Ne. 21:22.) He called and ordained men to be Apostles and prophets with authority so that what they bound on earth would be bound in heaven. (See Matt. 16:19; John 15:16.) They received revelation, which provided new scripture. (See 2 Pet. 1:20–21; D&C 68:4.)

I testify that a world so wicked that it killed the Son of God soon began killing the Apostles and prophets and so plunged itself into a spiritual dark age. (See 2 Thes. 2:2–7.) Scripture ended, apostasy spread, and the church that Christ established during His earthly ministry ceased to exist. (See 2 Ne. 27:4–5.)

I testify that God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, appeared to Joseph Smith in the spring of 1820, thus bringing to an end the long night of apostasy (JS—H 1:15–20). To Joseph Smith appeared other beings, including John the Baptist and Peter, James, and John, who ordained him with authority to act in the name of God (see JS—H 1:68–72; D&C 27:5–13). The church and kingdom of God was restored in these latter days, even The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, with all the gifts, rights, powers, doctrines, officers, and blessings of the former-day Church. (See D&C 65; D&C 115:3–4.)

I testify that through the Book of Mormon God has provided for our day tangible evidence that Jesus is the Christ and that Joseph Smith is His prophet. (See D&C 20:8–33.) This other testament of Jesus Christ is a scriptural account of the early inhabitants of America. It was translated by Joseph Smith through the gift and power of God. (See D&C 135:3.) Those who will read and ponder the Book of Mormon and ask our Eternal Father in the name of Christ if it is true may know for themselves of its truthfulness through the power of the Holy Ghost, provided they will ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ. (See Moro. 10:3–5.)

I testify that America is a choice land. (See 2 Ne. 1:5.) God raised up the founding fathers of the United States of America and established the inspired Constitution. (See D&C 101:77–80.) This was the required prologue for the restoration of the gospel. (See 3 Ne. 21:4.) America will be a blessed land unto the righteous forever and is the base from which God will continue to direct the worldwide latter-day operations of His kingdom. (See 2 Ne. 1:7.)

I testify that there has been, and there is now, and there will be legal successors to the Prophet Joseph Smith who hold the keys of the kingdom of God on earth, even the President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. (See D&C 21:1–7; D&C 107:91–92; D&C 112:15.) He receives revelation from God to direct His kingdom. Associated with him are others who are prophets, seers, and revelators, even those who make up the presiding quorums of the Church, namely the First Presidency and the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. (See D&C 112:30.)

I testify that wickedness is rapidly expanding in every segment of our society. (See D&C 1:14–16; D&C 84:49–53.) It is more highly organized, more cleverly disguised, and more powerfully promoted than ever before. Secret combinations lusting for power, gain, and glory are flourishing. A secret combination that seeks to overthrow the freedom of all lands, nations, and countries is increasing its evil influence and control over America and the entire world. (See Ether 8:18–25.)

I testify that the church and kingdom of God is increasing in strength. Its numbers are growing, as is the faithfulness of its faithful members. It has never been better organized or equipped to perform its divine mission.

I testify that as the forces of evil increase under Lucifer’s leadership and as the forces of good increase under the leadership of Jesus Christ, there will be growing battles between the two until the final confrontation. As the issues become clearer and more obvious, all mankind will eventually be required to align themselves either for the kingdom of God or for the kingdom of the devil. As these conflicts rage, either secretly or openly, the righteous will be tested. God’s wrath will soon shake the nations of the earth and will be poured out on the wicked without measure. (See JS—H 1:45; D&C 1:9.) But God will provide strength for the righteous and the means of escape; and eventually and finally truth will triumph. (See 1 Ne. 22:15–23.)

I testify that it is time for every man to set in order his own house both temporally and spiritually. It is time for the unbeliever to learn for himself that this work is true, that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the kingdom which Daniel prophesied God would set up in the latter days, never to be destroyed, a stone that would eventually fill the whole earth and stand forever. (See Dan. 2:34–45; D&C 65:2.) It is time for us, as members of the Church, to walk in all the ways of the Lord, to use our influence to make popular that which is sound and to make unpopular that which is unsound. We have the scriptures, the prophets, and the gift of the Holy Ghost. Now we need eyes that will see, ears that will hear, and hearts that will hearken to God’s direction.

I testify that not many years hence the earth will be cleansed. (See D&C 76:41.) Jesus the Christ will come again, this time in power and great glory to vanquish His foes and to rule and reign on the earth. (See D&C 43:26–33.) In due time all men will gain a resurrection and then will face the Master in a final judgment. (See 2 Ne. 9:15, 41.) God will give rewards to each according to the deeds done in the flesh. (See Alma 5:15.)

I testify to you that a fulness of joy can only come through the atonement of Jesus Christ and by obedience to all of the laws and ordinances of the gospel, which are found only in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. (See A of F 1:3.)

To all these things I humbly testify and bear my solemn witness that they are true, and I do so in the name of Him who is the head of this church, even Jesus Christ, amen.
http://www.lds.org/general-conference/1 ... y?lang=eng" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In the premortal council, it was pride that felled Lucifer, “a son of the morning.” (2 Ne. 24:12–15; see also D&C 76:25–27; Moses 4:3.) At the end of this world, when God cleanses the earth by fire, the proud will be burned as stubble and the meek shall inherit the earth. (See 3 Ne. 12:5, 3 Ne. 25:1; D&C 29:9; JS—H 1:37; Mal. 4:1.)

Three times in the Doctrine and Covenants the Lord uses the phrase “beware of pride,” including a warning to the second elder of the Church, Oliver Cowdery, and to Emma Smith, the wife of the Prophet. (D&C 23:1; see also D&C 25:14; D&C 38:39.)

Pride is a very misunderstood sin, and many are sinning in ignorance. (See Mosiah 3:11; 3 Ne. 6:18.) In the scriptures there is no such thing as righteous pride—it is always considered a sin. Therefore, no matter how the world uses the term, we must understand how God uses the term so we can understand the language of holy writ and profit thereby. (See 2 Ne. 4:15; Mosiah 1:3–7; Alma 5:61.)

Most of us think of pride as self-centeredness, conceit, boastfulness, arrogance, or haughtiness. All of these are elements of the sin, but the heart, or core, is still missing.

The central feature of pride is enmity—enmity toward God and enmity toward our fellowmen. Enmity means “hatred toward, hostility to, or a state of opposition.” It is the power by which Satan wishes to reign over us.

Pride is essentially competitive in nature. We pit our will against God’s. When we direct our pride toward God, it is in the spirit of “my will and not thine be done.” As Paul said, they “seek their own, not the things which are Jesus Christ’s.” (Philip. 2:21.)

Our will in competition to God’s will allows desires, appetites, and passions to go unbridled. (See Alma 38:12; 3 Ne. 12:30.)

The proud cannot accept the authority of God giving direction to their lives. (See Hel. 12:6.) They pit their perceptions of truth against God’s great knowledge, their abilities versus God’s priesthood power, their accomplishments against His mighty works.

Our enmity toward God takes on many labels, such as rebellion, hard-heartedness, stiff-neckedness, unrepentant, puffed up, easily offended, and sign seekers. The proud wish God would agree with them. They aren’t interested in changing their opinions to agree with God’s.

Another major portion of this very prevalent sin of pride is enmity toward our fellowmen. We are tempted daily to elevate ourselves above others and diminish them. (See Hel. 6:17; D&C 58:41.)

The proud make every man their adversary by pitting their intellects, opinions, works, wealth, talents, or any other worldly measuring device against others. In the words of C. S. Lewis: “Pride gets no pleasure out of having something, only out of having more of it than the next man. … It is the comparison that makes you proud: the pleasure of being above the rest. Once the element of competition has gone, pride has gone.” (Mere Christianity, New York: Macmillan, 1952, pp. 109–10.)

In the pre-earthly council, Lucifer placed his proposal in competition with the Father’s plan as advocated by Jesus Christ. (See Moses 4:1–3.) He wished to be honored above all others. (See 2 Ne. 24:13.) In short, his prideful desire was to dethrone God. (See D&C 29:36; D&C 76:28.)

The scriptures abound with evidences of the severe consequences of the sin of pride to individuals, groups, cities, and nations. “Pride goeth before destruction.” (Prov. 16:18.) It destroyed the Nephite nation and the city of Sodom. (See Moro. 8:27; Ezek. 16:49–50.)

It was through pride that Christ was crucified. The Pharisees were wroth because Jesus claimed to be the Son of God, which was a threat to their position, and so they plotted His death. (See John 11:53.)

Saul became an enemy to David through pride. He was jealous because the crowds of Israelite women were singing that “Saul hath slain his thousands, and David his ten thousands.” (1 Sam. 18:6–8.)

The proud stand more in fear of men’s judgment than of God’s judgment. (See D&C 3:6–7; D&C 30:1–2; D&C 60:2.) “What will men think of me?” weighs heavier than “What will God think of me?”

King Noah was about to free the prophet Abinadi, but an appeal to his pride by his wicked priests sent Abinadi to the flames. (See Mosiah 17:11–12.) Herod sorrowed at the request of his wife to behead John the Baptist. But his prideful desire to look good to “them which sat with him at meat” caused him to kill John. (Matt. 14:9; see also Mark 6:26.)

Fear of men’s judgment manifests itself in competition for men’s approval. The proud love “the praise of men more than the praise of God.” (John 12:42–43.) Our motives for the things we do are where the sin is manifest. Jesus said He did “always those things” that pleased God. (John 8:29.) Would we not do well to have the pleasing of God as our motive rather than to try to elevate ourselves above our brother and outdo another?

Some prideful people are not so concerned as to whether their wages meet their needs as they are that their wages are more than someone else’s. Their reward is being a cut above the rest. This is the enmity of pride.

When pride has a hold on our hearts, we lose our independence of the world and deliver our freedoms to the bondage of men’s judgment. The world shouts louder than the whisperings of the Holy Ghost. The reasoning of men overrides the revelations of God, and the proud let go of the iron rod. (See 1 Ne. 8:19–28; 1 Ne. 11:25; 1 Ne. 15:23–24.)

Pride is a sin that can readily be seen in others but is rarely admitted in ourselves. Most of us consider pride to be a sin of those on the top, such as the rich and the learned, looking down at the rest of us. (See 2 Ne. 9:42.) There is, however, a far more common ailment among us—and that is pride from the bottom looking up. It is manifest in so many ways, such as faultfinding, gossiping, backbiting, murmuring, living beyond our means, envying, coveting, withholding gratitude and praise that might lift another, and being unforgiving and jealous.

Disobedience is essentially a prideful power struggle against someone in authority over us. It can be a parent, a priesthood leader, a teacher, or ultimately God. A proud person hates the fact that someone is above him. He thinks this lowers his position.

Selfishness is one of the more common faces of pride. “How everything affects me” is the center of all that matters—self-conceit, self-pity, worldly self-fulfillment, self-gratification, and self-seeking.

Pride results in secret combinations which are built up to get power, gain, and glory of the world. (See Hel. 7:5; Ether 8:9, 16, 22–23; Moses 5:31.) This fruit of the sin of pride, namely secret combinations, brought down both the Jaredite and the Nephite civilizations and has been and will yet be the cause of the fall of many nations. (See Ether 8:18–25.)
http://www.lds.org/general-conference/1 ... e?lang=eng" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Since the compilation on Scrib is no longer any good....link to start in Blipits (have yet to have anyone prove or state anything to the contrary in terms of accuracy of the history) -
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=9376&start=690#p239554" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

davedan
captain of 1,000

Post by davedan »

Conspiracy Reeding List:

Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion
Silent Weapons for a Quiet War
Behold a Pale Horse
None Dare Call it Conspiracy
Tragedy of Hope
The Angloamerican Establishment
Naked Capitalist