"Track Two" exists?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: "Track Two" exists?

Post by mes5464 »

keep the faith wrote:I think people need to read Pres. Bensons great speech titled "Righteousness Exalteth a Nation".

http://www.latterdayconservative.com/ez ... -a-nation/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The first half of the talk speaks entirely on the need for the spirit of The Lord to be present in a nation in order for it to exist and thrive. Without the spirit this great experiment just crumbles. The founders understood this. The Lords anointed Servants today also understand this principle very well so every time they speak they encourage the members to keep their covenants and live a virtuous life patterned after the Savior. That is the key to track 2. Personal righteousness. Without it there is no track 2. Only a decaying babylonian based heap of cow dung.The Principles of constitutional govt can only be lived by virtuous and moral people. They just cant function in an immoral society. Period.
Agreed.

But, it would be nice for the virtuous people to live together.

keep the faith
captain of 100

Post by keep the faith »

mes5464 wrote:
keep the faith wrote:I think people need to read Pres. Bensons great speech titled "Righteousness Exalteth a Nation".

http://www.latterdayconservative.com/ez ... -a-nation/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The first half of the talk speaks entirely on the need for the spirit of The Lord to be present in a nation in order for it to exist and thrive. Without the spirit this great experiment just crumbles. The founders understood this. The Lords anointed Servants today also understand this principle very well so every time they speak they encourage the members to keep their covenants and live a virtuous life patterned after the Savior. That is the key to track 2. Personal righteousness. Without it there is no track 2. Only a decaying babylonian based heap of cow dung.The Principles of constitutional govt can only be lived by virtuous and moral people. They just cant function in an immoral society. Period.
Agreed.

But, it would be nice for the virtuous people to live together.

Patience Grasshopper. (Kung fu reminiscing) Just keep your covenants and build the Kingdom wherever you stand and eventually The Lord will gather his elect from among those who have changed their hearts and have stayed true to His church and his predominantly Ephraimite Prophet leaders. (D&C 133:25-35)

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

The Church would not have grown as it has without the efforts of missionaries and others going out and preaching the gospel. Likewise, the numbers of people who understand and espouse constitutional principles is growing because some people are out there preaching the principles of the gospel without waiting to be commanded in all things.

gaultor2017
Hi, I'm new.

Post by gaultor2017 »

I think "track two" is something completely different that one might think. It may have nothing to do with politics at all but everything to do with The Kingdom of God.

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

Track 2 is the Marred Servant.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I think that at this building Track 2 involves quietly going to work learning all that we can about the principles of the US Constitution, about the proper role of government (Google The Proper Role of Government Benson), about the latter-day secret combinations that are infringing on our God-given and unalienable rights, and about the agency that God has given us. Once we accomplish this much we can then ask and expect the Lord to guide our efforts in making preparations to restore our constitutional republic. That restoration will, I believe, constitute the completion of Track 2.

buffalo_girl
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by buffalo_girl »

I agree, Lundbaek!