Constitutional Family Home Evening Booklet

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
a-train
captain of 100

Constitutional Family Home Evening Booklet

Post by a-train »

It was discussed a few weeks ago and now I've located it. In 1987, in bicentennial celebration of the U.S. Constitution. A special Ensign was printed which was accompanied by a Constitutional Bicentennial family home evening booklet. As I was moving books and items in my home to prepare a spare bedroom for our upcoming baby, I found my 21 year old booklet in almost perfect condition.

The booklet contains three family home evening lessons based on the Constitution. The First Presidency message in the front of it says: 'We encourage you to prepare and teach each lesson prayerfully so that family members may feel the divine significance of the Constitution in their minds and hearts.' The center portion of the booklet contained a poster-like printout of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. My copy retains this poster, it was never removed.

View it here:

http://www.escapistskateboarding.com/FH ... 201987.PDF

I love the supplied visual aids representing the war between the Independents and the British. Section three plainly outlines the relationship between righteousness and liberty, the obligation of latter-day saints to be involved in civic affairs, and the fact that U.S. laws can be corrupted if we are not watchful and active.

-a-train

Proud 2b Peculiar
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Constitutional Family Home Evening Booklet

Post by Proud 2b Peculiar »

That is awesome that you had that. I bought mine on Amazon.com :)