Amish Consider Move to Venezuela

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
buffalo_girl
Level 34 Illuminated

Amish Consider Move to Venezuela

Post by buffalo_girl »

http://www.lewrockwell.com/hein/hein183.html
What would lead a group of Amish farmers in Wisconsin to consider moving to Venezuela? Why are dairy farmers and ranchers in Michigan considering selling their herds? Why, NAIS, of course!

NAIS stands for National Animal Identification System. It was originally designed to protect exporters of beef from cattle disease by tagging the cattle, and thus, presumably, make outbreaks of animal disease easier to detect earlier. But the idea has been expanded to include all farm animals, including those not part of the food chain, such as horses, for example, kept on farms as pets, or llamas. Critics suggest that even cats and dogs will be included, eventually.
I know everyone who considers the farmer's life archaic and without relevance to your own, may at least be shocked into reality by the extreme measure considered by the Amish in order to escape the tyranny of the federal government over our privately owned farmland across this country.
Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are. Benjamin Franklin

arbilad
captain of 10

Re: Amish Consider Move to Venezuela

Post by arbilad »

Personally I wonder why they're considering a move to Venezuela, considering that they have Dictator Chavez there.

SwissMrs&Pitchfire
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by SwissMrs&Pitchfire »

If we truly understood (absent totally controlled media), I bet we wouldn't see him as any worse than our president or Vladimir Putin, or PM Brown, or Sarkozy, or... In fact we might like they view his tyranny as far more acceptable.

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

Venezuela has paid off all debts to the World Bank, so they are not under their thumb any more. That was wise. Venezuela also just this week refused to supply oil to Exxon/Mobile (Rockefeller, I understand).

Seems they have some idea of getting out from under the thumb of.... *(you fill in the blank)

Apparently the Amish are seeing handwriting on the wall also.

jbalm
The Third Comforter

Post by jbalm »

Chavez intrigues me. Does anyone know of an objective bio of they guy? I've heard all of the Republican anti-Chavez stuff. And I've heard the fawning Democrat stuff. I'd like the real story.

He's done a lot of things that seem good. Then I keep running up against the "but he's a24 karat commie" thing that, if true, is a deal breaker.

buffalo_girl
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by buffalo_girl »

Hey, Guys! Chavez is not the point of my post.

The fact that the Amish have found living in the United States of America intolerable, is the point

WHY have the Amish found living in the United States of America intolerable?

Because a productive, peaceful, self-contained, private property owning, totally self-reliant community of Saints has been told they must submit to a forced Partnership with the Federal Government by Registering their Private Property with the State and must RFID tag or chip with GPS coordinates every animal on their once privately owned, but now Premise Registered with the Federal Government, farmlands.

When it comes to your 50 x 100 lot with your $500,000 split level being Premise Registered along with you and your children being forced to accept RFID tags or chips with GPS coordinates, don't call me. I'll probably have gone the way of Ruby Ridge because I like the Amish will not abide the tyranny of the State and don't have the money to move to Venezuela.
Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are. Benjamin Franklin

Proud 2b Peculiar
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Proud 2b Peculiar »

Ruby Ridge, wow...

Stumpjumper
captain of 100

Post by Stumpjumper »

buffalo_girl wrote: When it comes to your 50 x 100 lot with your $500,000 split level being Premise Registered along with you and your children being forced to accept RFID tags or chips with GPS coordinates, don't call me. I'll probably have gone the way of Ruby Ridge because I like the Amish will not abide the tyranny of the State and don't have the money to move to Venezuela.
Anyone that has newer cell phone technology is already tagged via GPS. All new phones since early last year are pretty easy to locate. I am still using my outdated phone because I like it. Although when it dies I guess I will be a registered GPS target for the world. I also have nothing to hide at this time. Hopefully they won't start RFID'ing my food. I am assuming the majority of new cars are already tagged???

:arrow: When are the Amish moving?
How does Venezuelan health care stack up?

Isn't there another Ridge you can find besides Ruby? You need a lot of Ammo for a ruby ridge now days. LOL
Maybe Right Ridge or Righteous Ridge?

buffalo_girl
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by buffalo_girl »

I also have nothing to hide at this time.
What does that mean? What do the Amish have to hide? What do I have to hide?

Why should anyone have to hide a couple of horses, a few sheep, goats and chickens? Why should anyone have to microchip their horses, sheep, goats, and chickens? Why should one's privately owned, debt free property be confiscated by the STATE as communal property of the STATE?

You might wish to look a little closer as to what actually happened at Ruby Ridge before you assume the Weavers were hiding anything. The Weaver's 15 year old son was shot in the back and the mother was shot by a sniper while she was nursing her baby in the house. What was their dog trying to hide that had him shot in the rear end with the high caliber bullet emerging from his chest?

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig3/conger3.html

Have fun with your new digital cell phone and your newer GPS vehicle. Your food will all be GMO which may mean you won't be able to live a long and healthy life anyway.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

I hear you Buffalo-Girl. I'm also disturbed that more people cannot see what is happening. We're so far down the path now that it no longer seems crazy to think of the Amish trying to flee to Venuzuela. How long before there is no-where to flee to?

For those who lurk here but don't see the significance of a State controlled food production system I'd admonish you to read about the Ukrainian Genocide of 1933. Heres a link to get you started. Pay attention to the section entitled Collectivism.

http://faminegenocide.com/resources/genocide/

buffalo_girl
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by buffalo_girl »

Thank you, tribrac ~

I'm not sure most realize how serious and universal this 'control' thing has become.

The engineered famine you reference has significance to the area in which we live. We moved here 10 years ago because it is sparsely populated and we could afford a piece of farm & grazing land. The white people who have been able to hold out here are descendants of Ukrainian Germans from Russia who left the Ukraine in the late 1800's - early 1900's prior to the Russian Revolution. They are an extremely 'clannish' people but then, of course, we aren't from the same stock and do not speak their language.

I have had a few of them tell me that some of their family members remained in the Ukraine when their ancestors came here. They continued to keep in touch with one another by mail until the early 1930's when the letters just stopped. A couple of the older men have told my husband that in one case a great grandfather & in another, a great uncle had carried a 'black book' which had described what was about to 'happen' to Mother Russia. In both instances my husband was told that the great grandfather and great uncle had predicted that the same thing would eventually happen to the United States. That account came from two different family lines.

Another aspect to this is that the previous Bismarck, ND Temple President was of German from Russia ancestry. Although as a child his family ended up in another part of the state, nearly all of the names he has done work for in the temple are from this county. There are only a little over 4,000 people left here, but those 100's of names done in the temple are all related to those who are still here! My husband & I are the only 'living' LDS in the county save two inactive move-ins from the west coast.

buffalo_girl
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by buffalo_girl »

If you aren't aware of Anthony Sutton, you might be interested in seeing how his research ties Wall Street to the Bolshevik Revolution and how Wall Street supported Stalin so that this engineered famine could 'free' the Ukraine and the Caucuses for the communist 'experiment' and oil exploration.

http://www.modernhistoryproject.org/mhp ... NoneDare06

These are exactly the same people engineering current events. They do not mind one bit how many lives are taken or from which nation they are taken. Everything up to this point has been 'practice' and a 'preview'. These various 'police actions' in the US are conditioning us to accept these outrages against liberty as perfectly justified and reasonable since they are only against 'weird' groups - like people who read the Book of Mormon.
After the Bolshevik Revolution, Standard Oil of New Jersey bought 50 per cent of the Nobel's huge Caucasus oil fields even though the property had theoretically been nationalized. (O'Connor, Harvey, "The Empire Of Oil", Monthly Review Press, New York, 1955, p.270.)

In 1927, Standard Oil of New York built a refinery in Russia, thereby helping the Bolsheviks put their economy back on its feet. Professor Sutton states: "This was the first United States investment in Russia since the Revolution." (Ibid, Vol.1, p.38)

Shortly thereafter Standard Oil of New York and its subsidiary, Vacuum Oil Company, concluded a deal to market Soviet oil in European countries and it was reported that a loan of $75,009,000 to the Bolsheviks was arranged. (National Republic, Sept.1927.)

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

buffalo-girl

That is an interesting link to the Standard Oil and Russia, But I was more fascinated with the Ukraine's Black book predicting future events. I am curious, and my views of God's condensation are such that I can believe he has revealed more to mankind than currently exists in the LDS standard works. Do you know anymore? What do you make of the tie-in with the temple president?

Proud 2b Peculiar
Level 34 Illuminated

The records that the other tribes are supposed to bring will have abundant knowledge I bet!

buffalo_girl
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by buffalo_girl »

But I was more fascinated with the Ukraine's Black book predicting future events.

I'll see what I can find out from our nearest neighbor across the creek. He is in his 70's now and recalls his great uncle with that book. I'll find out if it was a religious or political text and if it was in Russian or German. These people speak a unique German dialect. They still speak in that language. It took me over a year living here before I was able to understand their English. They were originally noted farmers from Germany who were 'recruited' by Catherine the Great of Russia to apply their advanced farming skills to the Ukraine. Of course, the Russian peasantry weren't too thrilled about them.

Not that it has any bearing on the content of the book, but I believe this is the very same uncle who would come to visit from the west side of the Missouri in the wintertime when he could cross over on solid ice. (The nearest bridges across are still either 65 miles north of here or 85 miles south.) He always brought his 12 or so Russian Wolf Hounds (Borzoi) with him. When we moved here 10 years ago, I brought three borzoi with me from Oregon. Those dogs became a bridge of commonality between us and them as apparently that type of sight hound was very familiar to the German from Russia culture. One of the early Catholic priests in this area even had a Russian Wolf Hound.

Here's an interesting site about the Catholic Germans from Russia:

http://www.cgrr.com/history.htm

There were also German Mennonites, Hutterites, Lutherans, and Jews from the Ukraine who settled in this area. Some of the Jews converted to the Christian churches or moved into more urban areas in order to preserve their religious practice. There are a few in this area who have lost the 'thread' of their Jewish traditions and are attempting to find their roots. They are called Messianic Jews. They aren't quite ready for the Book of Mormon yet. I've given a few to families I know. They are studying the Bible. Eventually the scriptures will lead them where the Lord wishes them to be.
What do you make of the tie-in with the temple president?
As you say, the Lord is mindful of His people where ever they are. I think that as this former temple president does work for his kindred dead, those on the other side will increasingly touch the lives of those in mortality. I worked with this man in sealings tonight. He was able to seal several more families from this county. There were tears in his eyes for each family he brought together. There is immense power in temple work. It puts at defiance the destructive force of evil that rages in the outside 'world'.

I do believe we must be active in the world to oppose evil, injustice, ignorance, common idiocy, and political corruption. The work we do for the Lord will be the work that puts the devil's efforts to naught.

buffalo_girl
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by buffalo_girl »

We haven't been able to catch our older neighbor yet, tribrac. He is on his tractor and it may be awhile before he settles down again. His son bought him a new John Deere a couple of summers ago and he hardly stops to eat. I think the family takes dinner to him out in the field. I will continue to pursue an answer to your question about the 'black book'.

In our latest issue of Small Farmer's Journal there are several ads in the real estate section for Amish farms in Michigan. Michigan has become extremely aggressive about their dairy and beef cattle regulations. They are pushing the national RFID animal chipping thing our federal government is adopting from international trade codes and ngo policy guidelines. The Amish will not participate. Apparently they are moving on.

Proud 2b Peculiar
Level 34 Illuminated

I wish that there were enough people there to turn around and fight back. Leaving makes it easier for them to encroach upon the people in that area.

I normally would have left too, that is a natural thought to me, but I realize that actually gives them ground that they should not be allowed to take so easily.

If there was some way to publicize the Amish stories, I am sure that there would be many that would rally to help them there.

We are working on our officials and candidates here to take positions that are in favor of liberty. We are creating a guide that shows if they are for liberty or not. It is very eye-opening.

buffalo_girl
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by buffalo_girl »

Missourians are scrappy in their fight against NAIS. Here's a link to their discussion.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/Miss ... inst_NAIS/

Proud 2b Peculiar
Level 34 Illuminated

buffalo_girl wrote:Missourians are scrappy in their fight against NAIS. Here's a link to their discussion.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/Miss ... inst_NAIS/
Thanks, I joined the group.

I have met many people in the Ron Paul movement that have talked to me about this a lot. Right now we are trying to get one of the candidates for governor to give their position on this. The other ones are for it, and so we don't like them! LOL

I hope that there are those that are running that are willing to buck the establishment. If not, then I hope that we have someone to run against the others in 4 years. Which I hate the idea of it taking that long. I think there is too much at stake right now. I can understand why in WW vision the people in Missouri are fighting. Many here are not going to take any more liberties being taken, they have had enough.

They talk of tar and feathering a lot lately, which scares me since that is what has happened to many saints here in history, but I understand their sentiments.