Secular bigotry

Discussion of principles relating to God's Law, Agency, Freedom, Liberty, the US constitution, and the Proper Role of Government.

Secular bigotry

Postby prorobert8 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:28 pm

The recent assault on religious freedom from the Obama administration in the HHS mandate is giving me chills about whether the mobs of the old days might come back. I have heard creeping anti-Mormonism,anti-Catholic, and anti-Semitic speech coming out of Occupy and I know it will intensify if Romney wins the nomination and presidency! Should we Latter-day Saints stand with other faiths who are under attack? Im trying to raise awareness in my ward but it seems that people are asleep and dont care! What can i do to shake other members out of their slumber? I hope im wrong but i think we are gonna experience persecution real soon and i think that our Catholic, Evangelical, and Jewish brethren are gonna be key allies in this fight! What do others think?
prorobert8
Hi, I'm new.

Secular bigotry

Sponsor

Sponsor

The Mormon Chronicle

Latter-day Conservative

Re: Secular bigotry

Postby AussieOi » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:52 pm

I think Santorum is such a religious not job all Romney has to do is stay moderate and peopel will gravitate to his liberal approach to religion.
As much as I detest Mutt Romney as another LDS Snake Oil salesman, like Covey, I don't think this will particularly damage perception of the church. On the contrary actually.
The shelf said enough. AussieOi@hotmail.com
AussieOi
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Secular bigotry

Postby EclecticLibertarian » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:55 pm

Romney is hardly as moderate in his stance as he once was. Perhaps he has adopted a more conservative stance in order to obtain the nomination which he might otherwise not get due to his actual record?

Romney is decidedly Pro-life, Pro-Parental Notification on Birth Control for minors, and Anti-Stem-cell research. He supports the overturn of Roe v. Wade. That's hardly a moderate stance.

Romney is decidely Anti-Gay as well, supporting DOMA, opposing gays serving in the military, and opposing gays adopting children.
That's certainly not a moderate stance.

Romney is Pro-Capital Punishment, anti-Gun control, anti-drug legalization, anti-Obama-care.
Where's the moderate stance in any of this?

Only in his fiscal policy might he be said to be anything close to moderate, and certainly not liberal.
I offer nothing more than simple facts, plain arguments, and common sense. - T. Paine
EclecticLibertarian
captain of 50

Return to Principles of Liberty