A Question to all Ron Paul supporters

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Matthew.B
captain of 100

A Question to all Ron Paul supporters

Post by Matthew.B »

Most of you (Ron Paul supporters) know much more than I exactly how bad things are in this country, so I'll skip making the analogies between our current position and Helaman/3 Nephi.

So my question has two parts:

1) Do you think that Ron Paul has a realistic chance of winning the Presidency?

2) If he does win, do you think that Ron Paul can avoid assassination for long?

I've been wondering about this for a while. Assuming Ron Paul isn't some kind of super-undercover-operative for TPTB (which I don't think he is), someone like him in the Presidency could spell disaster for the Gads. Over the past few weeks I've been wondering whether we'll see our "chief judge" (executive officer) murdered and anarchy envelop the land.

Have any of you had thoughts similar to this?

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: A Question to all Ron Paul supporters

Post by Original_Intent »

I think he has a realistic but small chance - if the markets continue to crash, people may get past nice hair and start looking for someone who saw the problems coming. Whether enough will, I don't know.

If he even becomes a serious threat, I think they would take him out before he was elected, not wait until he was in office.

I also think if TPTB want riots, that would do it. I'm not sure what I would do personally, but I know probably a good percentage of RP supporters would, let's just say, break the 12th article of faith.

uglypitbull
captain of 1,000

Post by uglypitbull »

I think he has a chance if he can hang on in 2nd or 3rd place for a while..it will force him into the spotlight and the MSM creatures wont be able to deny him his chance in the debates or interviews. People ARE waking up...some slower than others.
We didn't have the Internet and this wonderful technology at the time of Kennedy's assassination so I think they would rather not make a martyr out of him....maybe muzzle him, but even RP claims he knows he would be a target.
I also think that even if he wins and is ineffective at coaxing out any effective legislation (he wont be doing any illegal executive orders and not extending old ones), his message relayed on the pulpit would resonate with folks who may very well take up intelligent thought at any future elections. Think of the positive changes that could be made in the Congress (that place where legislation to give us more freedoms is supposed to happen).

My thoughts anyway.....

ChelC
The Law

Post by ChelC »

With his view in foreign policy, I do not believe he can win.

Silas
captain of 1,000

Post by Silas »

I concur that he has a chance. A small one but it is still a chance. His view on foreign policy is only a difficulty in the primary. If he makes it to the general election he can get all of the votes of the people who elected Obama thinking he would bring the troops home. His foreign policy hurts among hard core neoconservative republicans but it helps him with the rest of America. However even the republican party is changing in that arena. Santorum seems to be the only one who thinks the troops should never come back, or at least is expressing that openly. But Huntsman supports ending the war and Romney and Perry appear to at least understand the current wars are unpopular, even though they are both so busy war-mongering about Iran.

I think the question to ask is do republicans love war more than they hate Obama? Being the war party has not been helping them and they might start understanding that now and want to change.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Ron Paul's record of 2 decades of adherence to principles of the original Constitution and striving for smaller FedGov are attracting more and more voters. And both the media and the conduct of the so-called "debates" tell me the latter-day gadiantons are becoming increasingly concerned about his popularity. But if most LDS voters do not appreciate the virtues in Ron Paul how can we expect most of the rest of American voters to support him ?

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Post by oneClimbs »

He has a chance if people rise up and stand behind him instead of voting out of fear for a "lesser evil". I think people are ready to stop the madness with our spending and warring in foreign lands. That said, the (electronic) ballot boxes are bought and paid for.

You must vote on principle instead of trying to vote to keep someone OUT of office. People who vote that way are fools and are the epitome of "vote wasters"

Vote on principle and don't look back.

Silas
captain of 1,000

Post by Silas »

As far as the question about assassination goes I think they would want to avoid that at all cost. If having the media blacklist him will work then they will keep that up. Assassination wouldn't be considered unless he got the party nomination. Until then they will just paint him as crazy or else ignore him entirely. After that they would go with something subtle, poisoning or an accident. Nothing that actually looks like an assassination.

2BFree
captain of 100

Post by 2BFree »

RP would have a chance if the there was a level playing field but as you are aware it isn't a level field and to think it is may be considered a little naive. That said if I were to vote I would vote for RP only for the reason that he is the only man who has stood by his principles through all the time he has been active in politics. I don't agree with his stance on a "gold standard" which may be the reason he is still in it since that concept was the way the banksters got where they are to begin with...the golden rule - those who have the gold rule. Anyway, wasn't it Einstein who said that doing the same thing over and over expecting a different outcome is a sign of insanity? Well, I believe "voters" fall into this category. Vote all you want but don't expect anything to change because it won't unless someone real steps up and cleans house like a latter-day David as prophesied by Isaiah.