9-11 Sacrament Meeting

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Henmasher
captain of 1,000

Re: 9-11 Sacrament Meeting

Post by Henmasher »

" I saw more boobies there, than I did on my wedding night!"...
I would hope so #:-s

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

HeirofNumenor wrote:He was shocked when he took her to school and saw how skankily dressed a great many girls where... where were their mothers?
Their mothers are busy dressing themselves in the same scantily clad manner their daughters are dressing in - where do you think the teen (and younger) girls learn how to dress? From their mothers! I see teen girls in their extremely revealing 'clothing' getting out of and into their mother's vehicles when I take/pick up our son from high school - their mothers are driving - they KNOW what their daughters are wearing, and most likely they encourage it and buy the clothes for them. The immodestly dressed young women at church (in our ward anyway), are just following the examples of their equally (and sometimes more) immodestly dressed mothers. And when I say 'immodestly dressed', I'm referring to dresses/skirts that are so short, the garment is either not being worn or it is rolled way up; dresses and shirts that are so tight, there is no need for them to wear a bra, and everything is, uh, outlined; dresses and shirts that are so low-cut, I have seen women's entire breasts when they lean over just a little - I wonder what the men at church, who are mostly taller than the women, think about that view. It also makes me wonder about the husbands of these scantily clad women at church...

Zkulptor
captain of 100

Post by Zkulptor »

Still Learning wrote:I just want to express my opinion of how many of you are coming off. Perhaps it is due to the lack of expression through just words, but to me it seems as if many on this forum think themselves to be "better" than their brothers and sisters in the church. To me it appears that you are condemning the members that are in their own minds trying to be patriotic. I agree with everyone on the point of view - are members asleep? Yes. Was 9/11 an inside job? Yes. What level? None of us truly know for certain. But should our brothers and sisters be scorned for standing to sing a patriotic song in church? I think it is what is in their hearts that matters most. Most LDS love their countries...whether in the US or Canada or Peru...we all have a love for our homeland in our hearts. I just don't understand how you can all sit here on this forum and talk like you are so much better...and brag about how you didn't stand up for a song in sacrament. And that makes you better than the rest of the membership? I think when this all plays out, more and more will wake up. That is up to God and the spirit of how and when they will wake up. You are blessed to have been given spiritual insight into things that others are yet to learn. But we have all (I think) been asleep at one time or another. I hope this doesn't come off too harsh because I love learning from everyone here. Part of my awakening has happened on this forum. But I can testify that in reading this thread, I DO NOT FEEL THE SPIRIT. Can't we take some good from 9/11? Can't we instead of criticize our fellow brethren try to help wake them up? I hate that we are at war. I know that it is not supported by our Lord. But that goes toward our government, not the wonderful men and women who serve wholeheartedly, dedicating and in many cases giving their lives for our country and freedom. I agree we have grown blind to many things because of our pride, but just because we have lost some or even much light, we shouldn't try to put out what little light is left.
Amen to that! But I would dare say, most of our soldiers are not aware that they are not fighting for a just cause... but a man made war, killing innocents, so we can appropriate their oil, and resources.... that is sad....there's no war for freedom, no desire to free any of those countries from evil authoritarian regimes ... but to take away, rob, murder, rape and pillage... :( The Lord's sword is hanging upon this nation's head...ready to strike, pierce, and cut off......

Moss Man
captain of 100

Post by Moss Man »

Henmasher wrote:
mes5464 wrote:
Moss Man wrote:It's not a cult practice IF mentioned in church but a cult practice mentioned in church. Now the country has a new type of charity - 9/11 charity.

Like I said - where's the remembrance for all the other innocents who continue to lose their lives? We're going to run by the abortion clinic to salute those who died in one event? That's hypocrisy. Also, who thinks we'll have a moment of silence for the fortieth anniversary of Roe v. Wade in remembrance of all of the little ones that didn't make it into this life?
I am with you on this one Moss Man!
So you won't remember a few because you don't see a rush to remember all. I am beginning to think that you are now just justifying your lack of support for what happened to anyone that day. If you think every injustice can be served now than you are dreaming. Better yet I challenge you to be better than me and each fast sunday bear your testimony of the injustices of the world and the savior that will set them right. Hope your bishop has more than an hour to give you because you better not unless you speak of every injustice ever known of. Just ludicrous. :ymsigh:
This 9/11 evangelism is crazy! I never implied disrespect for the victims but gave my OPINION that standing to sing a hymn in their remembrance was odd. That meeting was for the Savior and we didn't even stand for him. Like I said: no mention of or standing for all of the other innocents that die. If you want to want to stand up in remembrance of a death stand up for Lady Liberty.

wadewilson
captain of 10

Post by wadewilson »

Still Learning » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:01 pm

I just want to express my opinion of how many of you are coming off. Perhaps it is due to the lack of expression through just words, but to me it seems [as if many on this forum think themselves to be "better" than their brothers and sisters in the church. To me it appears that you are condemning the members that are in their own minds trying to be patriotic. I agree with everyone on the point of view - are members asleep? Yes. Was 9/11 an inside job? Yes. What level? None of us truly know for certain. But should our brothers and sisters be scorned for standing to sing a patriotic song in church? I think it is what is in their hearts that matters most. Most LDS love their countries...whether in the US or Canada or Peru...we all have a love for our homeland in our hearts. I just don't understand how you can all sit here on this forum and talk like you are so much better...and brag about how you didn't stand up for a song in sacrament. And that makes you better than the rest of the membership? I think when this all plays out, more and more will wake up. That is up to God and the spirit of how and when they will wake up. You are blessed to have been given spiritual insight into things that others are yet to learn. But we have all (I think) been asleep at one time or another. I hope this doesn't come off too harsh because I love learning from everyone here. Part of my awakening has happened on this forum. But I can testify that in reading this thread, I DO NOT FEEL THE SPIRIT. Can't we take some good from 9/11? Can't we instead of criticize our fellow brethren try to help wake them up? I hate that we are at war. I know that it is not supported by our Lord. But that goes toward our government, not the wonderful men and women who serve wholeheartedly, dedicating and in many cases giving their lives for our country and freedom. I agree we have grown blind to many things because of our pride, but just because we have lost some or even much light, we shouldn't try to put out what little light is left.

My feelings exactly, Still Learning. THANK YOU!

Still Learning
captain of 100

Post by Still Learning »

Zkulptor wrote:Amen to that! But I would dare say, most of our soldiers are not aware that they are not fighting for a just cause... but a man made war, killing innocents, so we can appropriate their oil, and resources.... that is sad....there's no war for freedom, no desire to free any of those countries from evil authoritarian regimes ... but to take away, rob, murder, rape and pillage... :( The Lord's sword is hanging upon this nation's head...ready to strike, pierce, and cut off......
I agree with this. Most soldiers are not aware that they are being given orders to fight for an unrighteous cause. But they are still out there fighting for what they "believe" is a just cause. Shouldn't this be even more reason to pray for our soldiers? I don't like that many feel that each time our soldiers are prayed for at church that we as members are praying in vein or an unrighteous cause. We should pray even more for them, that they may be protected from death in an unjust war. That they may be brought to a light of the truth. Our father in heaven understands that we as a nation have been deceived but He will still hear the prayers of the righteous, and as the righteous pray, He will bring them more light and knowledge, that when they pray they might pray according to the His will. I believe that if we speak true, humble, heartfelt prayers for our soldiers and our nation, that we will all be blessed. One great blessing we need is truth. The more we receive the truth, the more will wake up. The more that wake up, the more opposition to the war we will have, which opposition could put an end to this war. What other ways can it be done, excluding our nation's downfall? I understand that due to the pride of our nation, we are in this state of deception, but thankfully we have a Savior that made it possible for us to repent of our pride and return to truth and humility. We need all the help we can get, and I don't see how sitting on this forum and bashing those that pray or sing a patriotic song at church helps our cause. I personally stand and sing and pray with them, while in my own heart and mind I carry a personal prayer that we can all wake up. I know I have more waking up to do, and I think we all fall in to that category on certain levels. That being said, I don't want to sit here and become a critic myself of others on this forum. I simply ask that they look at how myself and Henmasher and others see it and maybe consider that they aren't looking at it from God's perspective. Perhaps none of us are. I am certain my own view is not clear either, but we must work together if we are to achieve our goals.