Our future "freedoms" depicted in LDS Film Festival entry

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
gert
captain of 100

Re: Our future "freedoms" depicted in LDS Film Festival entr

Post by gert »

Our future awaits us........ B-)

Henmasher
captain of 1,000

Post by Henmasher »

:)) =))

So thats where Grandmas pills went.

That was scary =p~

BigMomma
captain of 50

Post by BigMomma »

Maybe not in the form of a needle but quit possibly in the Monsanto-laced foods we eat...

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Nice!

tsc
captain of 100

Post by tsc »

Speaking of losing freedoms, I shipped a package today out-of-state to some family members, and the guy at the UPS store asked to see my ID. I asked what he needed to see it for, and he said it is now required because of a bomb in Germany that went through the mail. I am not familiar with what he was referring to, and I thought perhaps he was speaking about the bombing/shootings in Norway.

He also said that they are changing the laws very soon, and will be requiring that you get FINGERPRINTED whenever you ship something - Are you kidding me?????

I told him that I think that will negatively impact his business, and he just said, "oh no, people still have to ship things". Yeah, well guess what, I don't. It is absolute nonsense that they think everyone is just going to keep putting up with the crap.

wiser2
captain of 10

Post by wiser2 »

Yes, our lawmakers have lost all touch with rationality. Unfortunately, they are well supported by the people. I believe that the single major problem is that people do not believe that people, in general, should be free. For example, people are very angry that "illegal" aliens would be allowed to work, that a coal power plant would be allowed to pollute, a tele-marketer would call, or that a corporation would be able to spend money on a political campaign. They seem to think that others should be forced to accommodate their freedom, but they do not/should not accommodate others in any way. The natural consequences are that the logical justification was made by them that people should not be free. And we are not very free, with the noose tightening very quickly.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

I stopped going to a bank that required a fingerprint for cashing a check...

Dan
captain of 50

Post by Dan »

Oh yes, but we believe in being subject to the powers that be. We must do as we are told,it is only for our good. :)
Freedom is over rated, security is what I want.