A Canadian Speaks Out

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
pritchet1
captain of 1,000

A Canadian Speaks Out

Post by pritchet1 »

Tarek Fatah says there are 3 Muslim Brotherhood Members in the White House in DC -

http://www.livestream.com/ideacity/vide ... b86fdea840" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jeanpierre
captain of 100

Re: A Canadian Speaks Out

Post by jeanpierre »

I guess being Canadian (Acadian, to be precise) entitles me to say what I think of the traitors in the White House. But I really shouldn't need bother since nearly all readers are members of the LDS Church and hence because of our awareness of the principles of constitutional government the Lord gave us and our awareness of the secret combinations destroying the United States we are able to recognize those in the White House, in Congress, and elsewhere who are destroying America and setting it up for incorporation into the new world order, which all Mormons know about from haveing studied the Book of Mormon, the Doctrine and Covenants, certain statements by prophets and apostles, and from their study of "things which have been, things which are, things which must shortly come to pass; things which are at home, things which are abroad; the wars and the perplexities of the nations,...the judgements which are on the land;....and of countries and kingdoms...."

pritchet1
captain of 1,000

Post by pritchet1 »

I wish it were true that 'All Mormons know" this stuff. Most seem to enjoy not "rocking the boat", so they can stay financially afloat and continue as though nothing evil were going on.

Remember that we had 5 branches of the church in one city (Dresden) in Germany alone, when it was carpet-bombed by the Allies and we had Saints killing Saints during that war. Saints were excommunicated because of their involvement against the NAZI government by Bishops who were themselves Nazis.

I just had a visit at my home this past week by my own Bishop, who said I have a reputation for stirring up trouble and getting folks angry and was the reason why I'm 'between jobs' right now. (My wife ate it up.) How I have to look "inward" and only express positive uplifting sentiments and not say anything negative to anyone about anything.

"All is well in Zion." The flowers are in bloom. The veggies are maturing and getting ready for harvest. The sun is shining. "All is well."

..."we follow the admonition of Paul—We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things."

Yeah, but they sure are becoming harder to locate!

bobhenstra
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by bobhenstra »

Pritch, I went through that years ago. I solved the problem by saying nothing in church meetings, if called on I shook my head no. It took about a year for people to begin to ask why, and I told them. When my statements were forwarded on to priesthood leadership, and they always were, I was called into the Bishops office, or the stake presidents office to explain, I replied with exactly what I was told, "please don't say anything that might be controversial," I explained to them that many in the ward and the stake would get upset if I simply bore my testimony. There were those in your ward and your stake who get upset because I said all the apostles were and are prophets, things like that. So I'll sit back in the corner out of your sight and out of your mind because in your ward and your stake that is what is required. They finally getting the message, but it's taken a few years.

I attend church to learn, if I'm not learning from a lesson because of it's simplicity I'll sit quietly in the back and study the scriptures. But learning how to say nothing even though what may be said is wrong was hard to do, but for that time I managed.

I taught the Gospel Doctrine class for many years, my wife taught it for almost as many years, but when I was ordered, reduced, to lecturing rather than teaching I simply quit! If I couldn't answer questions, had to discuss only scriptural and prophetic statements that was in the lessons, couldn't encourage class participation, then I didn't need to be there teaching. I knocked on the bishops door handed him the manual, turned and walked back to my car. He knew exactly why, and he has spent a lot of time since trying to make amends. Each time, I repeat to him what he told me, each time he just sighs and asks can't you forgive? I tell him I hold no animosity towards him, he was my priesthood leader, I had to do what he told me to do! I did so! Then I remind him that he replaced me with a Gospel Doctrine lecturer who put people including himself to sleep, And Jo and I kept things lively! He's no longer Bishop! But the Stake Presidency is still the same--- so I wait patiently until I die or they're replaced. However, that doesn't stop my study, albeit it alone or with my family. What I know and understand is the only thing I can take into the Spirit world, so if I can't share what I know, then I'll simply spend my time learning more.

Actually, the best church job I've ever had was closing up the building at night--- But I had to give that up after 6 years because of Jo's illness and my health.

Bob
Last edited by bobhenstra on August 15th, 2011, 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pritchet1
captain of 1,000

Post by pritchet1 »

Bob,

Love your avatar this time. ;^)

BTW, I lost a daughter from the gospel, partly because I was told to "keep my mouth shut" in my home by the Stake President, when I challenged the constant threat of divorce for decades, by finally going to the leadership of the church and called the bluff by saying I'd had enough and I wasn't going to take the abuse anymore. I thank the Lord for the Plan of Salvation, repentance and redemption. Some of the 'advice' certainly requires gaining a testimony of what counsel is given.

When your back is against the wall, it is time to take a stand or die. In this case, apparently everyone else's back has to be recognized by each of them as also being up against a wall, before the folks on the watchtower (I include us here on this forum) are finally recognized as speaking the truth.

2wet2burn
captain of 100

Post by 2wet2burn »

Jeanpierre good to hear from a fellow Canadian. I married into an Acadian family. They are stubborn and strong willed but loyal and generous. I don't know many that are mormon. Most of the Mormons in our little corner of Atlantic Canada are happily lulled into the "all is well in Zion" mode. They don't want to hear about what's happening in the world or slightly south of the border. They are buying new cars instead of food storage. They neglect visiting and home teaching but they can tell you all about the latest reality TV show. They cancelled all youth activites for the summer but they made big plans for the Harry potter release and are eagerly awaiting the latest twilight installment. I often walk out of church and check the name on the building to make sure I'm in the right place :-s I''m glad to hear your neck of the woods might be doing better.

pritchet1
captain of 1,000

Post by pritchet1 »

My "solution" is to try and sidestep the political silliness and signs of the times completely and dedicate my time and effort for what life I have left to saving my dead through daily temple attendance and getting the backlog (thousands of names) reduced in our family files.

I was able to generate a spreadsheet and contact list of those extended "temple cousins" (about 100 or so) over the weekend and sent it out to specific individuals yesterday, so that they can communicate with each other worldwide and help expedite the work. I've been working on this particular project since last year. I'm hoping those who cannot speak or do for themselves now are accepting the work being done on their behalf, as we perform their holy and sacred ordinance work. At least there in the temple, the work I do has eternal effect, where moths and rust and politics cannot corrupt. And I do receive confirmation from those from beyond (even though they are here) who appreciate the work quietly being done for them.

At least in the temple, "All is well in Zion". I am just a "permanent proxy" for now. The temple I have been working in is closed for two weeks., so I'm back here at the moment "opening my mouth". ;^)

bobhenstra
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by bobhenstra »

Local Church leadership changes, maybe not as often as I would like, but it does change, and I'm required to do what they ask. These guys aren't perfect, they're doing the best they can. I've been in wards where anything could be discussed in a classroom environment, but that's not the case here. I take as my example Bishop Partridge, who was falsely accused by church leadership, afterwards he did what he was told, when Joseph heard what happened he corrected things, but the example is Bishop Partridge did what he was told until the problem was corrected. He respected the priesthood.

Jo and I were happily married for 40 years, she had a great understanding of the gospel, it was her who convinced me I couldn't solve all my problems with a good right cross. Once when a kid driving a small pickup started giving me problems on the road in South Provo, I finally stopped, he stopped behind me and got out of his pick up, I waited a few seconds before I got out, when I did his eyes got really big, I'm a big guy. I grabbed him by the shoulders and pushed him against his truck, just as I was fixing to solve the problem, Jo come rushing up to stop me. The kid then felt a little bravado and started making ridicules statements, I had him pinned, he couldn't move. When the kid threateningly said you better get him of'n me, Jo got in his face and responded, Son, I didn't get out of my car to save HIM!!--- He got the message and I didn't have to leave him a cripple for the rest of his life, and I told him that. Since that time I've learned to control my urges to mess up people who mess with me or mine, since then when it happens, I'm in complete control---- guaranteed!

Just like it happened with Bishop Partridge, there are times in the church when we're required to coast, keep our mouths shut, don't rock the boat, make no waves-- But during those times we also have to forgive, we have to make room in our hearts for those who are letting a little authority go to their heads, forgive them! And just do the best we can with what we have. Things'll change!

Bob

pritchet1
captain of 1,000

Post by pritchet1 »

1+

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I think I am fortunate in having a bishop who understands my desire to awaken other LDSs to our responsibilities to freedom, constitutional principles and their restoration to government. It helps, I'm sure, that his father ran for US Senate from Utah in 2010, and in so doing pitched the Constitution and its principles very openly. His son, our bishop, has been about as supportive and tolerant of my efforts within the ward as I could hope for. He attended a "The Book of Mormon, The Constitution, and You" fireside at our home in late February and accepted an offer by another ward member to give the concluding sacrament meeting talk on 28 June on "America, the Promised Land - What Price Freedom" To my pleasant surprise, our stake president permitted two firesides recently, one which he attended on "The Principles of Freedom" by Earl Taylor of the NCCS, and the other on "The Book of Mormon, The Constitution, and You" presented to the older stake singles group.

BTW, I am 1/4 Acadian. My Acadian ancestors missed the boat to Louisianna. But I think it's the Irish in me that keeps the freedom fires burning.