Awake and Arise America: A Solution

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Elias Returns
captain of 100

Awake and Arise America: A Solution

Post by Elias Returns »

We have organized a wonderful event in Idaho called "Awake and Arise America: A Solution"...we have Dr. Steven Jones, Dr. JAck Monnett as our keynote speakers. And for the first time we have assembled the leaders from several political and activist groups to come together and unite. That is the key word here "UNITE"...with a message of hope and what we can do in our homes and communities to protect ourselves and our families, with the time that we have left. It was with a heavy heart that I even began this journey to organize an event like this, knowing what is coming down the road. But, I wanted to reach out to some of our faithful Brothers and Sisters of Zion, and help them to understand the dire situations we are facing as a country, a State, and in our homes, so they can prepare. I have to admit, we have had more success with other Brothers and Sisters from other faiths attending, and wanting to attend this event, than our very own in our Church.
I have never seen or experienced this degree of apathy before, and to be honest, it frightens me. From what I have witnessed and seen, these good folks are willing to just sit by and see what happens, rather than being pro-active. Our brothers and Sisters acroos the aisle suffer from "the rapture syndrome", all the while our own are suffering from "the all is well in Zion syndrome".. =))
We have over 500,000 members in Idaho, which is a state of only 1.5million citizens in it. And in our own neck of the woods we have well over 100,000 members, and we cannot even get 200-300 to come to this event? :-s ...something is really wrong here, and I cannot quite figure it our yet. Also, the majority of the other speakers are also LDS: Paul Venable-Chairman of the Idaho State Constitution Party, Ron Mann- Former Special Assistant to President Ronald Reagan, Idaho State Rep. Pete Nielsen, Dale Pearce- Area Coordinator for JBS, Roger K. Young, Idaho State Senator Monty Pearce...all of these men are well known and respected in LDS circles.
If any of you here on this forum live in Idaho you need to be there for this once in a lifetime event. For more information go to our site http://www.GreatMindsByDesign.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Awake and Arise America: A Solution

Post by mes5464 »

I live in SC but I wish I could be there.

Samuel the Lamanite
captain of 1,000

Post by Samuel the Lamanite »

Elias: American is not going to arise. Did the Nephites arise at the warning voice of Samuel the Lamanite. He prophesied that Christ would come in 5 years. Only a very few went to the Prophet Nephi and were baptized. IMO, if TSM said that Christ is coming Juy 15, most saints wouldn't listen. Only those eyes to see and ears to hear will be wise virgins.

I do wish you success with your event. What city is it being held in?

Matthew.B
captain of 100

Post by Matthew.B »

Elias-

Congratulations on being involved and motivated. Don't get discouraged! Right now I think the general Church body is suffering from the majority of its members being under the influence of the spirit of anti-Christ, and Satan is working very hard to keep the honest members from seeing the truth.

I would attend if I lived in Idaho or had a way to get there, but I'm in Kansas without any transportation. I wish you luck! GOD bless.

Samuel the Lamanite
captain of 1,000

Post by Samuel the Lamanite »

Just to make sure you don't misundxerstand me... keep trying. Just be realistic about how the PTB control the whole election process. Perhaps you are the latter day Captain Moroni.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

I think that if you were to put your OP on the webpage, you'd get better sales.
In fact, you really need a salesletter. Well, at least MHO. ;)

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I also have organized events tailored to awake LDSs to our "awful situation" and our responsibility to the US Constitution and freedom. The great majority of active LDS folks show no interest. But I'm not si sure t is because they are willing to just sit by and see what happens, rather than being pro-active. I think mucn if not most of the apparent apathy is because no mane LDS would rather hear the warnings from the Prophet, or at least from the Church leadership. I think it would make a difference if such an event were recommended by local church leadership.

The two recent "The Book of Mormon, The Constitution, and You" firesides I organized this year by email and work of mouth invitations, one in our home and one in a private school, drew about 30 and 50 people respectively. Last evening a fireside on "Principles of Liberty" was promoted by announcement in sacrament meeting by the bishops of every ward in our stake, and held in one of the chapels, drew somewhere around 250 people, although many came from out of our stake. But I think support from local leadership made a big difference.

Amore Vero
captain of 100

Post by Amore Vero »

Samuel the Lamanite wrote:Just to make sure you don't misundxerstand me... keep trying. Just be realistic about how the PTB control the whole election process. Perhaps you are the latter day Captain Moroni.
Trying to awake people this late in the game may not save our nation from destruction, but it may save the souls of those who do awake.

LukeAir2008
captain of 1,000

Post by LukeAir2008 »

This sounds like a fantastic event. I was away over the weekend and and as I drove home last night I listened to two firesides with Steve Jones, Jack Monnett and Joel Skousen. So much great information on awakening to our awful situation and the 9/11 evidences that show America is in the grip of a very powerful and corrupt secret combination. So tragic that most LDS are slumbering in ignorance and love their predicament.