Interesting US Statistics

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
durangout
captain of 1,000

Interesting US Statistics

Post by durangout »

I'm not endorcing McCain so everybody just calm down. I think the stats are interesting none the less:

Professor Joseph Olson of Hamline University School of Law in St. Paul, Minnesota, points out some interesting facts concerning the last Presidential election:

• Number of States won by:
• Obama:19 McCain: 29

• Square miles of land won by: Obama: 580,000
• McCain: 2,427,000

• Population of counties won by:
• Obama:127million
• McCain: 143 million

Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by: Obama: 13.2 McCain: 2.1

Professor Olson adds: "In aggregate, the map of the territory McCain won was mostly the land owned by the taxpaying citizens of the Country.

Obama territory mostly encompassed those citizens living in low income tenements and living off various forms of government welfare..."

Olson believes the United States is now somewhere between the "complacency and apathy" phase of Professor Tyler's definition of
democracy, with some forty percent of the nation's population already having reached the "governmental dependency" phase.

If Congress grants amnesty and citizenship to twenty million criminal invaders called illegal's and they vote - then we can say goodbye to the USA in fewer than five years .

Zkulptor
captain of 100

Re: Interesting US Statistics

Post by Zkulptor »

durangout wrote:I'm not endorcing McCain so everybody just calm down. I think the stats are interesting none the less:

Professor Joseph Olson of Hamline University School of Law in St. Paul, Minnesota, points out some interesting facts concerning the last Presidential election:

Professor Olson adds: "In aggregate, the map of the territory McCain won was mostly the land owned by the taxpaying citizens of the Country.

Obama territory mostly encompassed those citizens living in low income tenements and living off various forms of government welfare..."

Olson believes the United States is now somewhere between the "complacency and apathy" phase of Professor Tyler's definition of
democracy, with some forty percent of the nation's population already having reached the "governmental dependency" phase.

If Congress grants amnesty and citizenship to twenty million criminal invaders called illegal's and they vote - then we can say goodbye to the USA in fewer than five years .
Those criminals are descendants of prophets and I doubt they will destroy our country... if you knew they stories that I hear from a lot of these "criminals" you'd know the hand of God himself brought them here, many many of them...
it has been proven they amount of taxes they'd pay would boost our economy but I know what people are going to say... they've made up their minds...

Tribunal
captain of 1,000

Post by Tribunal »

Zkulptor wrote:
durangout wrote:I'm not endorcing McCain so everybody just calm down. I think the stats are interesting none the less:

Those criminals are descendants of prophets and I doubt they will destroy our country... if you knew they stories that I hear from a lot of these "criminals" you'd know the hand of God himself brought them here, many many of them...
it has been proven they amount of taxes they'd pay would boost our economy but I know what people are going to say... they've made up their minds...
Where's the proof? Show us!!!

OremDad
Hi, I'm new.

Post by OremDad »

The data cited in your post has been proven to be a hoax, see:

http://www.factcheck.org/2009/01/unreported-stats/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

These things tend to multiply like a plague during presidential election years, so I'd be wary of copying any information that you cannot personally verify.

OremDad
Hi, I'm new.

Post by OremDad »

The data cited in this post has been proven inaccurate, see:

http://www.factcheck.org/2009/01/unreported-stats/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

These things tend to multiply like a plague during presidential election years, so I'd be wary of forwarding any information that you cannot personally verify.

wiser2
captain of 10

Post by wiser2 »

durangout wrote: If Congress grants amnesty and citizenship to twenty million criminal invaders called illegal's and they vote - then we can say goodbye to the USA in fewer than five years .
This statement is highly bigoted. The facts are quite different. Consider the following from http://www.cato.org/immigration:

The overriding impact of immigrants is to strengthen and enrich American culture, increase the total output of the economy, and raise the standard of living of American citizens. Immigrants are advantageous to the United States for several reasons: (1) Since they are willing to take a chance in a new land, they are self-selected on the basis on motivation, risk taking, work ethic, and other attributes beneficial to a nation. (2) They tend to come to the United States during their prime working years (the average age is 28), and they contribute to the workforce and make huge net contributions to old-age entitlement programs, primarily Social Security. (3) Immigrants tend to fill niches in the labor market where demand is highest relative to supply, complementing rather than directly competing with American workers. (4) Many immigrants arrive with extremely high skill levels, and virtually all, regardless of skill level, bring a strong desire to work. (5) Their children tend to reach high levels of achievement in American schools and in society at large.

For those interested, the link contains many in-depth studies which show with facts the effect of immigration on our country, rather than an ignorant, hateful view.

It should also be noted that legally, it is against the law for the federal government to control immigration, as the 10th amendment removed all rights from the federal government that were not explicitly given, instead giving them to the states and the people. The 14th amendment then requires the states to provide equal protection for all people under the states' laws, thereby prohibiting state laws that discriminate by birth place. The constitution does allow the government to charge up to a $10 fee/immigrant. The actual criminals are the federal government and those who support its usurpation (ie. illegal encroachment).

Also, it is God who gives permits to exist and to work. Our Declaration of Independence makes this clear. Those who demand that the government give people permits to exist and to work deserve the natural consequences as they become slaves of the government. I believe such action also destroys, causing an economy to become dysfunctional. We should not make it a crime to work if we want to prosper, or to have God on our side.