How will the Constitution govern the world?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Libertas
captain of 100

Re: How will the Constitution govern the world?

Post by Libertas »

Samuel the Lamanite wrote:Libertas: Thanks for the research. So we can coclude that if we rarely if ever hear about Last Days events, defending the inspired Constitution, and subjects surrounding the command given in Ether 8... that it is a local decisison?
Yes. The ward bishopric under the influence of the Spirit typically decides the topics for all sacrament meetings. The stake presidency can also direct that a topic be covered in sacrament as could the area and general authorities, but I cannot recall a time when that has happened.

HeberC
captain of 100

Post by HeberC »

The original post is a leading question that assumes that the Constitution will govern the world. The Constitution is intended to govern government. In an ideal/Millenial/Zion world, people govern themselves. I don't recognize any worldly authority, that disregards my freedom, as being legitimate. I don't need or want any leader. I vote for who I can trust to work for ME and who will otherwise leave me alone.

Samuel the Lamanite
captain of 1,000

Post by Samuel the Lamanite »

Heber: I believe there has been enough support given that the principlas of the Constitution will be the foundation of the Kingdom of God in the Millenium. In the Clestial Kingdom the govt will once again patriarchal in nature.