Ron Paul: Republic Almost Completely Dead

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
moonwhim
captain of 1,000

Ron Paul: Republic Almost Completely Dead

Post by moonwhim »

Ron Paul House Floor Speech: Republic Almost Completely Dead

Infowars.com
May 26, 2011
The Defense Authorization Act or H.R. 1540, aka The Forever War Act of 2012, was overwhelmingly approved by the House of Representatives earlier today on a vote of 322 to 96.
The Senate will now vote on its own version and then the two bills will need to be reconciled before going to Barry Obama for his signature into law.
The law authorizes the United States to use military force anywhere it says there are terrorists, including within the borders of our own country. It represents the largest hand-over of unchecked war authority from Congress to the executive branch in modern American history.
The founders were seriously opposed to handing this much power over to executive, fearing tyranny. If enacted into law, this provision will make Obama a dictator who can wage war without the consent of the American people.

Samuel the Lamanite
captain of 1,000

Re: Ron Paul: Republic Almost Completely Dead

Post by Samuel the Lamanite »

If Ron Paul was Mormon< he would be a last days Captain Moroni. Truth is a two edged sword which all too often isrejected by Mormons who are blinded by Mitt Romney. When if ever will the Elders (Priesthood) of Zion arise and put on their liberty/constitution saving "garments?" Where is the last days Title of Liberty?

moonwhim
captain of 1,000

Post by moonwhim »

Samuel the Lamanite wrote:If Ron Paul was Mormon< he would be a last days Captain Moroni. Truth is a two edged sword which all too often isrejected by Mormons who are blinded by Mitt Romney. When if ever will the Elders (Priesthood) of Zion arise and put on their liberty/constitution saving "garments?" Where is the last days Title of Liberty?
I think we can do that now, we don't need to wait until told to do so by the Prophet. Don't we have the ability as good men (and women) to act under inspiration now to work to save our liberty and thus protect our families?

Samuel the Lamanite
captain of 1,000

Moonwhim: Yes, in fact in D+C it clearly states that we MUST be doing many good things without being commanded to by the Prophet. If we wait to be commanded, then we are SLOTHFUL SERVANTS.

My 40+ years experience is that most Saints will do nothing "controversial" until the prophet says something. And then IF they obey, do it our of "duty" not out of obedience through love. Perhaps your experience is different?

moonwhim
captain of 1,000

Post by moonwhim »

Samuel the Lamanite wrote:Moonwhim: Yes, in fact in D+C it clearly states that we MUST be doing many good things without being commanded to by the Prophet. If we wait to be commanded, then we are SLOTHFUL SERVANTS.

My 40+ years experience is that most Saints will do nothing "controversial" until the prophet says something. And then IF they obey, do it our of "duty" not out of obedience through love. Perhaps your experience is different?
There are some on this forum who don't think we can do anything to stop this coming tyranny......that we have to wait for God to do it for us. Personally I think God will help us win if we put forth enough effort to warrant his help.

Samuel the Lamanite
captain of 1,000

We are in agreement!!!! Laziness pedominates with the Saints. After all, GOD will take care of it. No way from what I see in the scriptures. We do all we can and God fills in the missing pieces.