BYU Censors Artwork for Being Too Conservative

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: BYU Censors Artwork for Being Too Conservative

Post by BroJones »

waking wrote:Thank you, Dr. Jones. It is a shock to the system to think of you and your friend being put on leave for such nonsense. I could see if you broke the honor code, or were teaching against church doctorine. I'm with you..trust that the Lord is in charge, and we will not be lead astray. I am glad you are not bitter, but I do feel your sadness. I'm glad you are on the forum and willing to share such invaluable insights.
And thanks for your kind understanding.

Right now, I'm excited to be part of a world-wide non-government/corporation effort to achieve clean "free" energy... and glad to be independent while doing this research I might add.

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

Rincon wrote:If I was a Democrat I would be offended by the painting.
Hold on, there -- why in the world would a Democrat be offended by this painting??
They pulled it because there are actually a few Church members who are still Democrats.
I'd like to see you substantiate that statement, if you can! (Which I highly doubt.)

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

I'll never forget the overwhelming confirmation of the Spirit during the conference following President Hinckley's death that President Thomas S. Monson was indeed the next Prophet to speak for God.

Post by Like »

Jason wrote: I'll never forget the overwhelming confirmation of the Spirit during the conference following President Hinckley's death that President Thomas S. Monson was indeed the next Prophet to speak for God.

:-BD

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

DrJones wrote:Now, let me ask -- is the supposed great danger of Global Warming a liberal or a conservative point of view? How about support for the theory of Evolution? How about support for leaders in the march towards globalism, the New World Order? (Such as Dick Cheney, Harry Reed, Zbiegniew Brzezinski, Gen. Petraueus, Condie Rice, Brent Scowcroft and others who have been invited to BYU and received honors and standing ovations from the administrators and students there.) These have strong support at BYU, based on my observations. (Do you not think that "man-caused Global Warming" and evolution are supported by the globalists? Are they supported at BYU?)

These issues have no bias and know no political boundaries or partisanship - it is simply a matter of good and evil.

I think these issues go beyond a liberal-versus-conservative paradigm. A new paradigm is needed in which we finally recognize that there are those pressing towards the New World Order (globalism is the sanitized, politically-correct term) and those who support instead the Constitutional and Constitutional principles. You can decide for yourself which side of THIS spectrum BYU administrators support and promote.

Well, by their fruits shall they be known. Since 2007, BYU has forced you into retirement over the truth surrounding 9/11 because of your courage to speak out and expose the lies scientifically while inviting Dick Cheney (a murderous war criminal and war profiteer, torturer, NWO, CFR member), Brzezinski (globalist, NWO thug, CFR), Schlessinger (NWO, CFR), Rice (known Bush-era neo-con, complicit in torture of innocent detainees for the bogus 'war on terror') and Petraeus (U.S. General, complicit in the bogus 'war on terror' and establishment goon). That tells me a lot about BYU's intentions. :ymblushing: :ymsick:

Not only is Dick Cheney a NWO globalist, but also an open supporter for gay marriage rights. Yet he was given an honorary doctoral degree for public service at BYU in April 2007, to repeated standing ovations.

At this point, they should have stopped the program and shown Cheney's net worth going from $2 million in 2001 to over $35 million at the end of 2004 and then shown Mineta's testimony about the plane heading for the Pentagon. Congrats BYU... you just gave a standing O for a man who was guilty in the deaths of 3,000 people on 9/11, another 180 at the Pentagon and then another million in Iraq/Afghanistan. :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :ymblushing:

Dr. "Torture" Cheney, known for his policies of "Deficits don't matter" and "Of course the orders still stand." I was in tears, having been put on administrative leave in a very public way and finally accepted early retirement after I recognized... many things. We could talk about Senator Reed who was invited to BYU later that year.

BYU's actions along these lines are despicable and shameful! :ymsick: :ymblushing:

Again, Reed is of the same "party" as Cheney -- both are globalists.
This was not a matter of "balance" IMO -- both promote NWO/globalism, the "elite" party I assure you!

Harry Reid - there's another who would rather spit on the Constitution than abide by it who is a liberal and big government, big money clown. He was perfect for BYU. =))

A friend of mine, a full professor at BYU as I was, is now on Administrative Leave, not allowed to teach. It is heart wrenching, I can tell you. Is he a supporter of 9/11 truth? Yes. And from conversations, opposed to NWO globalism. I stand by my friend, but it is a terrible thing, to have your "own people" turn against you.

You will receive your just reward in the hereafter Steve... that is my contention and these suck-ups, these cowards, these evil-praisers at BYU will get theirs.

My approach in all this -- is that the leading BYU Administrators have their stewardships and will be held accountable for them, by the Lord. It is not mine to judge a member of the Council of the Seventy and I will not do it, nor do I know if he is "behind" some of these actions. However, I can and will speak out in defense of truth and Constitutional principles in love, even if I will continue to be mocked and even cast aside by some including members of the Church.

Amen!!!

HeirofNumenor
the Heir Of Numenor

Post by HeirofNumenor »

Rincon wrote:If I was a Democrat I would be offended by the painting. They pulled it because there are actually a few Church members who are still Democrats.

sooooo ...the Democrat party does NOT like the Founding Fathers...at all? Unofficially, likely...but officially?

Just want to be clear on what you are saying...not nit-picking...

SwissMrs&Pitchfire
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by SwissMrs&Pitchfire »

A dumb painting that does nothing to further the cause.

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

I hate to break it to all of you but most Latter-day Saints are neither Republicans or Democrats. Why you ask? Because most Latter-day Saints don't even live in the United States!

Here in Australia it would be impossible to guess the political leanings of a church member. Most Australians would find the mixing of religion with politics to be vulgar.

Post by Like »

gkearney wrote:I hate to break it to all of you but most Latter-day Saints are neither Republicans or Democrats.
Hey that even applies to some of the LDS that live in the USA too... imagine that!

Mahonri
Master
Location: Where you want to be when crap hits the fan, but I'm not telling.

Post by Mahonri »

gkearney wrote: Most Australians would find the mixing of religion with politics to be vulgar.

I hope you are wrong about that. If you are right, "most" Australian Mormons don't understand or don't believe their religion.

Rincon
captain of 100

Post by Rincon »

DrJones wrote:
Rincon wrote:If I was a Democrat I would be offended by the painting.
Hold on, there -- why in the world would a Democrat be offended by this painting??
They pulled it because there are actually a few Church members who are still Democrats.
I'd like to see you substantiate that statement, if you can! (Which I highly doubt.)

I revisited the painting and see that I was looking the wrong one. I was looking at the one with Obama and Clinton. Perhaps the fact that those other paintings exist causes some bias for all his paintings, because people know the viewpoint of the author. Perhaps there is so much political tension right now it was deemed as stirring the pot. So, no I cannot substantiate my statement, but I still believe Democrats would not be in love with the painting.

Sariel
captain of 100

Post by Sariel »

Sorry to hear they removed his painting. However, I think it is risky to paint a picture with founding fathers mingling with modern political figures. I would prefer to see a painting with Christ and the founding fathers; we at least know they were honest men. It is hard to say that about more recent presidents. I would not hang a painting of someone who may have helped destroy the country for his own gain.

buffalo_girl
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by buffalo_girl »

Did any of you use the 'zoom' feature? Each portrayal has a written text. I think the author does a great job of identifying how each US President has eroded Constitutional principles during his administration. I read NO political bias in Brother McNaughton's painting. He is simply expressing his grave concern for this Nation as the divine Principles embodied in the Constitution are exposed to corruption.

He fully realizes the elegant & fragile architecture of our Constitutional Republic has been ignored on one hand and purposefully assaulted on another. There are no 'good guys or bad guys'. It's simply a statement about what has happened and is happening from his perspective.

I may not find his art to be 'eye candy', but he is preaching a very real Sermon with his talent. He is putting himself absolutely 'on the line' for his beliefs.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

buffalo_girl wrote:Did any of you use the 'zoom' feature? Each portrayal has a written text. I think the author does a great job of identifying how each US President has eroded Constitutional principles during his administration. I read NO political bias in Brother McNaughton's painting. He is simply expressing his grave concern for this Nation as the divine Principles embodied in the Constitution are exposed to corruption.

He fully realizes the elegant & fragile architecture of our Constitutional Republic has been ignored on one hand and purposefully assaulted on another. There are no 'good guys or bad guys'. It's simply a statement about what has happened and is happening from his perspective.

I may not find his art to be 'eye candy', but he is preaching a very real Sermon with his talent. He is putting himself absolutely 'on the line' for his beliefs.
I disagree with him on Reagan....

Mahonri
Master
Location: Where you want to be when crap hits the fan, but I'm not telling.

Post by Mahonri »

Jason wrote: I disagree with him on Reagan....
+1

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

They have been doing the Atlanta Temple open house the last couple of weeks. A brother from my ward commented on my Facebook post about this and he said this very painting hangs in the Atlanta Temple. I think I remember seeing it but I had my six kids to keep track of so I can't remember for sure. I questioned him on it and he said:
Timothy Stark wrote:I had a good conversation with my dad over it. I am positive that's the one.

AussieOi
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by AussieOi »

buffalo_girl wrote:So, AussieOi, has your opinion of BYU improved because they 'pulled it'?
yes

AussieOi
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by AussieOi »

gkearney wrote:I hate to break it to all of you but most Latter-day Saints are neither Republicans or Democrats. Why you ask? Because most Latter-day Saints don't even live in the United States!

Here in Australia it would be impossible to guess the political leanings of a church member. Most Australians would find the mixing of religion with politics to be vulgar.
agree m8

to too many USA christian religion IS the republican party, unless it is black, in which case it is democratic, generally.

i just dont see the point of this painting, other than to perpetuate the imperialistic supremicist anglo belief that god is a white anglo saxon protestant

hasnt the church kind of moved on from this?
Last edited by AussieOi on April 27th, 2011, 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

Mahonri wrote:
+1
+1

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

buffalo_girl wrote:Did any of you use the 'zoom' feature? Each portrayal has a written text. I think the author does a great job of identifying how each US President has eroded Constitutional principles during his administration. I read NO political bias in Brother McNaughton's painting. He is simply expressing his grave concern for this Nation as the divine Principles embodied in the Constitution are exposed to corruption.

Amen BG!

+1 - couldn't agree more here.

linj2fly
captain of 1,000

Post by linj2fly »

AussieOi wrote:
to too many USA christian religion IS the republican party, unless it is black, in which case it is democratic, generally.
:)) Too true!

i just dont see the point of this painting, other than to perpetuate the imperialistic supremicist anglo belief that god is a white anglo saxon protestant
As opposed to, say...a man of middle eastern origin...perhaps Jewish?

hasnt the church kind of moved on from this? No, we still use anglo actors in our movies

reese
captain of 1,000

Post by reese »

gkearney wrote:I hate to break it to all of you but most Latter-day Saints are neither Republicans or Democrats. Why you ask? Because most Latter-day Saints don't even live in the United States!
:-o
What! You mean the world does not revolve around all of us "saints" here in lil' ole Utah?

Sariel
captain of 100

Post by Sariel »

mes5464 wrote:
Mahonri wrote:
+1
+1
+1
This is an example of what I mean.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

DrJones wrote: . . . . . . . . . . . A friend of mine, a full professor at BYU as I was, is now on Administrative Leave, not allowed to teach. It is heart wrenching, I can tell you. Is he a supporter of 9/11 truth? Yes. And from conversations, opposed to NWO globalism. I stand by my friend, but it is a terrible thing, to have your "own people" turn against you. . . . . . . . . . . . .
Dr. Jones, I assume it's too early to identify your friend or say why he was put on administrative leave. But can you say whether or not this action was done to give BYU time to deliberate whether he keeps his job or not? Don't feel obligated to answer.

If this is the case, though, I think it puts BYU in a real dilemma. If they let your friend go, it would be hard to keep the whole thing under wraps. And if the reasons for letting him go turn out to be highly unjust and perhaps a gross violation of his academic and even personal freedom, as in your case, it would be a double black mark against BYU.

I just hope it's nobody I know . . . .

If I do know him, I'm going to get serious about going down and throwing a picket on them just in front of the Welcome to BYU sign. Any of you activists from LDS Freedom Forum willing to join me??

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

larsenb wrote:
DrJones wrote: . . . . . . . . . . . A friend of mine, a full professor at BYU as I was, is now on Administrative Leave, not allowed to teach. It is heart wrenching, I can tell you. Is he a supporter of 9/11 truth? Yes. And from conversations, opposed to NWO globalism. I stand by my friend, but it is a terrible thing, to have your "own people" turn against you. . . . . . . . . . . . .

Dr. Jones, I assume it's too early to identify your friend or say why he was put on administrative leave. But can you say whether or not this action was done to give BYU time to deliberate whether he keeps his job or not? Don't feel obligated to answer.

If this is the case, though, I think it puts BYU in a real dilemma. If they let your friend go, it would be hard to keep the whole thing under wraps. And if the reasons for letting him go turn out to be highly unjust and perhaps a gross violation of his academic and even personal freedom, as in your case, it would be a double black mark against BYU.

I just hope it's nobody I know . . . .

If I do know him, I'm going to get serious about going down and throwing a picket on them just in front of the Welcome to BYU sign. Any of you activists from LDS Freedom Forum willing to join me??
He asks not to be identified as he fights for his position. It is probably best not to picket BYU at this time, larsenb...
He has hired a good lawyer whom many of you would know, LDS, and I think many of you might know this full Professor as well as he was a popular teacher at BYU Education Week. A very good man he is. (IMO)
However, it has been both Fall and Winter semesters that he has been on "leave" and not allowed to teach at BYU. It is a burdensome situation. He tells me that the "feel" is much different when he goes on campus...