Action- Will this work?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Book of Ruth
captain of 100

Action- Will this work?

Post by Book of Ruth »

Since, you cannot mass e-mail bomb your congressman, I'm wondering if this will work...

Could we mass e-mail our County Assessor? Just an idea, a basic letter addressed to the county assessor, asking them to deliver the e-mails to our congressman. This will tie a local vote to the county assessor if e-mail protests are not given to the congressman, and a way to get the average neighbor involved in a way that is the path of least resistance. I'm thinking starting with a form letter, that individuals can just send along to their county assessor. I'm thinking the first of these mass letters states that we the people absolutely DO NOT want the raising of the debt ceiling.

Just a thought, I have no idea if it will work, but at least it is something that gets the attention of the local voted in leaders that can get passed along in mass to our congressmen. Thoughts?

fps.sledge
captain of 100

Re: Action- Will this work?

Post by fps.sledge »

Try it and report how it works.

bobhenstra
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by bobhenstra »

Every time I have emailed one of my congressman I have received an answer that explains the congressman's views on the subject. I have discovered that all they read is the subject header, so I use that to send my message, something like; "Go ahead, vote for a debt ceiling hike!" then in the body of the message I simply write something like; I'm a Utah Tea Party member! Sign my name, They always seem to get the message. Bob Bennett was the lone exception! So I "wasted" my vote getting him out of there!

Bob

Book of Ruth
captain of 100

Post by Book of Ruth »

I really like to read posts and ideas on this forum, but it could be a HUGE forum of activism if an idea could be batted around and then spread to everyone we knew. I often think that forum members debate with one another and hammer out small details, when the general concenus is the same. Pretty much everyone agree's that the corruption needs weeded out, but I'm not sure how many people are putting their own elected officials on the "hot seat".

If everyone started locally to bring to the forefront corruption and then worked outwardly, maybe in one small part of the world, intergrity would be a "must" to suceed in politics and business. I have no idea how to go about involvement, but I'm all ears for suggestions.

Post by Like »

Harry Reid, blessed be his name, votes to raise the debt 99% of the time and besides Britney Spears says we need to trust the President and be faithful!!

Come on guys get with program!!

The Lord can take me at any time, I am ready........ I wonder if I qualify to be translated? Image

bobhenstra
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by bobhenstra »

Mazal wrote:
The Lord can take me at any time, I am ready........ I wonder if I qualify to be translated?
Nope, if you qualified you would have been translated!

Bob