The National Budget Fiasco

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
pritchet1
captain of 1,000

The National Budget Fiasco

Post by pritchet1 »

Walter Burien once again hits the target with his discussion of the National Deficit -

http://cafr1.com/WarDeclaration.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I have listened to many of the different media heads and ABC, CNN, CBS, NBC, PBS programs closely for the last three weeks as the so called "budget debates" takes place. The one issue that is as basic as it gets when it comes down to any budget discussion there has not been one mention of. In the absence of not a mention in all respects of that issue it makes the "budget discussions" a 100% complete charade.

Each and every one of us whether being in poverty or a billionaire when we discus our annual or monthly budget for home or business will discuss with our significant other or business partners two basic issues:

#1. Our normal operating expenses; planed expenses for any project we are working on or intend to implement; and any standing balances we plan on keeping as time passes.

#2. What our standing investments are that we have; account balances of all liquid cash; and our income we expect to get from all sources with all sources being our investment, salary, sales, and other sources.

In the "budget debates or discussions" we have been watching the issues presented that are saturating the air waves through the talking heads; news; and media programs almost exclusively, if not without exception, have only talked about; discussed; or presented the topic of #1 above.

In the real world of our personal and business lives this type of behavior and conduct excluding mention and serious discussions of #2 would never happen under any circumstances. On a business level in discussions with partners it would be considered fraud and an actionable offense for criminal malfeasance and removal of the partners responsible for such an omission. On a personal level the same would break up a marriage or close friendship.

Here we have the intentional participation of the syndicated media and the entire political body doing exactly the same with the omission of #2 and doing so: knowingly; willingly; and intentionally whether eagerly in planned participation (the majority) or out of fear of reprisal (the minority). I will add one meritorious exception of a house speaker Bruce Hana from the State of Oregon here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ8YhJyxPQo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; If you have a Youtube account or other video display site you may want to copy this short video and post the same there with your comments.

Folks, the media and political charade taking place, it is all a masterful selective presentation designed to maintain the well entrenched void in public comprehension of the absolute basics of #2 and thus the obscene wealth and power derived staying intact and at the disposal of the inside players. Massive wealth that in this serious omission the public has been spoon feed all but mention of over the last six or seven decades as it grew and captured it all by investment whereby it gives the definition of actionable fraud of no equal by said intentional orchestrated omission...
...For the public to be played as total idiots with the exclusion of the massive wealth held in the #2 arena it is unacceptable under any terms of the rules of engagement of a country supposedly ruled by We The People:

1. What are the standing collective investment asset balances held both domestically and " internationally" by general purpose government and enterprise authorities. Included should be the firms and management funds where held globally.

2. Identifying what specialty investment funds are held that are not included under the categories of general purpose government or enterprise authorities but are still held or overseen by the same.

3. Being that government keeps records of their standing investment assets and true gross income from all sources as depicted in their own Annual Financial Reports of which the names given to the same are: Comprehensive Annual Financial Report; Annual Financial Statement; or Annual Financial Report, that the clear mention of the same be made with the comment made that " All residents of that City; County; State; or School District should carefully review their local government's report of the same". For federal it is called: Consolidated Financial Statements or Financial Report of the United States Government - http://www.fms.treas.gov/fr/backissues.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For local governments a Google search using quotes around the name of the report and then the name of the local government on the search line will bring up many. I note that there was an intentional void created in your thinking not to hear about these reports being that if you looked; learned; and comprehended what is shown therein the job of treating you as a complete idiot with the spiel you are intentionally spoon fed from the media and political bodies would not be such an easy job to do. And yes it is a job on their part DUE TO THE MONEY INVOLVED and the power / control it breeds within the back halls and behind the closed doors of government AND the media...

prew
captain of 100

Re: The National Budget Fiasco

Post by prew »

I also think #1 was not fully talked about. There were sections of the budget that was not touched in the discussion or not even considered. I would probably spell being fired as a senator or congressperson. The subjects are Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid.
I will discuss those now.
These three programs as constituted are not self sustaining. Let me explain.
We will start with a culture that has one child per couple.
I will only show three generations.
4 people in the first generation
2 people in the second generation
1 person in the second generation.

The first generation goes into retirement and start to use social benefits. That just leaves only 3 people to work to tax to support the first generation of 4 people.
Now project that example to real life.
In real life, I am taxed to support my grand parents in retirement from working. The demographics show that my grandparent generation are part of the baby boomers (a time period where family size was large, many siblings). But my generation has been influenced by media, alternative life styles, war, abortion and other social leaders/ideas to decrease the family size (the average now for USA is about 2 per couple.(Utah is about 4 children per couple.) Look up the census data.)
This reality fits neatly with my example above. The amount of workers being taxed, to support those on social benefits, are becoming less.
The way I see it life is like this.
standard for everyone:
birth, life, grow old, die
A righteous person:
birth, life, save money, grow old, use saved money to enjoy retirement and to extend life, die
Another example:
birth, life, grow old, use some else money to enjoy retirement and to extend life, die

I think that the budget talks need to talk about this issue.

I think that if the budget plans of paying down the debt after 30 (or 10 or 50) more years of spending, then the budget is fraud/scam. The 'can' is kicked further down the road to my future generations and those that voted for it are dead or nearly dead and can not be held accountable.
If congress and senate is serious on fixing the budget, they will start by cutting 2 trillion out of the budget. (Last year the deficit was 1.7 trillion.)

2+2 does not equal 5
4-2 does not equal 5

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

...can has been kicked just about as far as it can go me thinks!

Post by Like »

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

Mazal wrote:
Yep, that pretty much sums up our plight as a nation. The sad part... nothing is going to change in Washington and it is already mathematically impossible to pay off the national debt - no amount of spending cuts or tax increases can prevent a full-blown crisis in the near future. And this doesn't even include the $23.5 TRILLION in bail-outs since 2008 or $2 TRILLION for the 'wars' thanks to the fraud of 9/11 for the enrichment of the military-industrial complex... we, as a country... are finished... it's only a matter of time and we probably only have a few short years left. Most of the politicos in DC know what is coming - they're just hoping to stave it off until they're out of office. Our grandchildren don't need to worry about having to pay the debt off because we are going to experience one of three things very soon (if not all 3)... a dollar de-valuation, default on our debt and the dollar losing its reserve currency status. When just one of those things happens... it's game over. :(

gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Post by gclayjr »

It looks to me like Walter Burien is buying into the new liberal arguement espoused by Michael Moore, Labor Union activists, and leftist congressmen that there is plenty of money we just have to go get it from the filthy rich people that have taken it from the rest of us.

Regards,

George Clay

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

gclayjr wrote:It looks to me like Walter Burien is buying into the new liberal arguement espoused by Michael Moore, Labor Union activists, and leftist congressmen that there is plenty of money we just have to go get it from the filthy rich people that have taken it from the rest of us.

Regards,

George Clay
No...he's pointing out that cities, counties, and states have been collecting taxes for decades of which a portion has been put into investments. The cash from those investments as well as the investments themselves don't show up in the budgeting.

So basically there's this off budget portion of wealth that not many know about. From my analysis most of it is tied up in support stuff - water utilities, garbage, etc. But there's usually some golf courses, recreation centers, etc....that could be liquidated for $$$ without effecting abilities to provide core services.

But one could sell it all off (and most likely it will happen in the next 12 months as well as privatizing core assets) and the debt will still be unbearable. Plus they will all be selling at once thus prices will be low.

The 1st great depression was about the assets of the people. This one is about the assets of the cities, counties, and states.

imo fwiw

gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Post by gclayjr »

Jason,

You are probably right. I thought the same thing, but I concluded the obvious as you said
But one could sell it all off (and most likely it will happen in the next 12 months as well as privatizing core assets) and the debt will still be unbearable
and decided that that was not the complete point, but maybe he isn't very good at math either

Regards,

George Clay