T.E.A Parties

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Ferg
captain of 100

T.E.A Parties

Post by Ferg »

Just wondering who is going to attend their local T.E.A parties this week on APR 15th.

waking
captain of 100

Re: T.E.A Parties

Post by waking »

I will. I think that even if you think the tea party has been co-opted by the repubs, or whoever, it is important to show big numbers so that the politicians continue to look over their shoulder. :D You can not doubt the effect it has had in the last election cycle, even though we got some whimps elected as well, we have many more constitutionalists in congress. The thing we need to understand is we need LOCAL control, take it back to states, and counties and cities. The more we spread that word the better.

John Locke
captain of 1,000

Post by John Locke »

why the T.E.A.? Why not just TEA? Did I miss something?

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

John Locke wrote:why the T.E.A.? Why not just TEA? Did I miss something?
I think the tea partiers adopted it also as an acronym.

Taxed
Enough
Already

John Locke
captain of 1,000

Post by John Locke »

InfoWarrior82 wrote:
John Locke wrote:why the T.E.A.? Why not just TEA? Did I miss something?
I think the tea partiers adopted it also as an acronym.

Taxed
Enough
Already
ah...well yes that does make sense then :D Thank you

Rincon
captain of 100

Post by Rincon »

The T.E.A members in my community are the same people who elected Bush.

John Locke
captain of 1,000

Post by John Locke »

TEA party didn't come about until after Bush maybe give em a chance?

gooseguy11
captain of 100

Post by gooseguy11 »

T.E.A. partiers here are very much the same people that elected Bush here as well. I beat my head against the wall sometimes trying to come to a mutual understanding on things.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

The tea parties have been co-opted for the most part by establishment Republicans. Many forget that back in the day when this whole thing started, it was people massing together at REPUBLICAN AND DEMOCRAT town halls! Now today, the mainstream media portrays it at only anger toward establishment democrats. We have, once again, been lulled back into false security.

GadiantonRobber
Hi, I'm new.

Post by GadiantonRobber »

In Arizona, at least, TEA party members determined that the Democratic Party had been too deeply co-opted to be able to be easily overhauled, so they focused first on Arizona's Republican Party. Earlier this year (with little fanfare) they successfully removed the majority of establishment republicans throughout the state's precincts and elected their own, fresh tea party blood to replace them. Several "good" republicans were even cast aside in this "out with the old" agenda. I've often wondered what Arizona's dissolutioned democrats are thinking, having bought into the media's notion that the TEA Party is just a republican thing. From their perspective, it must certainly look that way.

bobhenstra
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by bobhenstra »

The TEA Party served it's purpose, and did it well! It would seem it's no longer a viable entity! Even without the TEA Party, I remain intensely committed to vote my conscience, and refuse to give others the power to convince me into voting their conscience.

I remain---Bob :)

SempiternalHarbinger
captain of 1,000

Post by SempiternalHarbinger »

InfoWarrior82 wrote:The tea parties have been co-opted for the most part by establishment Republicans..
You mean like Glen Beck??

Samuel the Lamanite
captain of 1,000

Post by Samuel the Lamanite »

The original latter day Tea Party was actually first held by the Libetarian Party in Boston Harbor reenactment. Since Ron Paul is a Libetarian GOPer, his POTUS campaign led to the spread of the Tea Party movement at many local levels throughout the USA. A real grass roots event. The money bomb for Ron Paul that raided over $6 million in one day, was organized by Tea Party people. It was NOT the National Campaignthat did it.

The Tea Party original people/worker bees not late comers were mostly noninternetionists in foreign affairs. NeoCons knew they had to infiltrate this dangerous movement and control it. Such candidates as Palen and Baughman rose to the occasion. Cain has recently joiuned the group. Ron Paul is being shuttled aside because he believes in a G. Washington type foreign policy.All these newcomers have done is guarantee a split of the Tea Party vote thus likely enabling an establishment person like Romney to get the GOP nod.

FWIW, I've been there from the very first day. Many aspects of the Tea Party have been coopted by NEOCons. BT you can be safe with Ron Paul