Church advisor: We should all join the ACLU

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Mahonri
Master
Location: Where you want to be when crap hits the fan, but I'm not telling.

Church advisor: We should all join the ACLU

Post by Mahonri »

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/home/51560 ... u.html.csp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The U. president, a special adviser to leaders of the Utah-based Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on religious-liberty issues...

"We all ought to be members of the ACLU,"

creator
(of the Forum)

Re: Church advisor: We should all join the ACLU

Post by creator »

I just JOINED! :|
Mahonri wrote:http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/home/51560 ... u.html.csp
The U. president, a special adviser to leaders of the Utah-based Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on religious-liberty issues...

"We all ought to be members of the ACLU,"

Mahonri
Master
Location: Where you want to be when crap hits the fan, but I'm not telling.

Post by Mahonri »

BrianM wrote:I just JOINED! :|
you have to, because if you don't, you are saying you know more than the Lord. Because He directs every action of the President of the Church who called the person (whom the Lord in turn directs his every move) who called this person to the advisory position. ;)

Everyone on this board, if they support the Prophet, MUST now join the ACLU

pjbrownie
captain of 1,000

Post by pjbrownie »

I know the beginnings of the ACLU were quite Gadianton in a fashion, but it has attracted enough civil libertarians that I think there is room for a libertarian-leaning faction within the group these days. I see them sound the alarm often enough at certain things done in the name of security and against religious liberty, that I have mollified by abhorrence to the group as of late.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

JulesGP wrote:
pjbrownie wrote:I know the beginnings of the ACLU were quite Gadianton in a fashion, but it has attracted enough civil libertarians that I think there is room for a libertarian-leaning faction within the group these days. I see them sound the alarm often enough at certain things done in the name of security and against religious liberty, that I have mollified by abhorrence to the group as of late.
I think Obama does some good things too..... Not enough to make me support him.
Just out of sheer curiosity....what good things has Obama done???

iamse7en
captain of 1,000

Post by iamse7en »

Jason wrote:Just out of sheer curiosity....what good things has Obama done???
He picked BYU to go to the Sweet 16?

Squally
captain of 1,000

Post by Squally »

Found this pic on the ACLU website showing top members.... ;)

John Locke
captain of 1,000

Post by John Locke »

Jason wrote:
JulesGP wrote:
pjbrownie wrote:I know the beginnings of the ACLU were quite Gadianton in a fashion, but it has attracted enough civil libertarians that I think there is room for a libertarian-leaning faction within the group these days. I see them sound the alarm often enough at certain things done in the name of security and against religious liberty, that I have mollified by abhorrence to the group as of late.
Just out of sheer curiosity....what good things has Obama done???
I was asked this same question in an interview the other day and I could not come up with anything. We literally had to stop the interview for like 5 minutes while I thought about it. I finally came up with something tho. I liked the way he handled the pirates when they took over that boat a while back...but man...that was all I could come up with....

Rincon
captain of 100

Post by Rincon »

Removed
Last edited by Rincon on April 6th, 2011, 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Rincon wrote:
JulesGP wrote:

He quit smoking, that is the only one I can think of.
If you trust Michelle....