US Government Will Confiscate Gold When It Touches $2000

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
English Saint
captain of 100

US Government Will Confiscate Gold When It Touches $2000

Post by English Saint »

Editor: There is a plan to use the IMF (AKA US Treasury and Wall Street) to be the front man for the new world order and one currency.We also got disturbing news yesterday from an impeccable source that when gold touches $2,000 it’s confiscated in the USA for about $200. Then it’s to be reissued by the Treasury for $10,000 per ounce to back the new IMF world currency using SDRS in 2011. Large physical gold is being moved to Canada. http://www.prisonplanet.com/insider-rep ... -2000.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: US Government Will Confiscate Gold When It Touches $2000

Post by Original_Intent »

Such confiscation, if it happened, will be confiscation of gold held in accounts and also gold agaisnt which ETFs are held. Just like the first gold confiscation, they will basically say that paper gold can no longer be redeemed for the metal itself. this will be a bailout for the massive fraud of ETFs and other instruments that did not really have the gold in storage that they issued ETFs against. (Gee this sounds familiar for some reason....)

I think the chances of a door to door searcha nd seizure of gold is near zero. During the first gold confiscation, there is not a single incident of that type of seizure (although there were a very few seizures from safe deposit boxes I believe.) So as bad as a confiscation would be, I think that in reality it will jsut be another type of bailout. They might make it illegal to own gold, and depend on people voluntarily turning in their "contraband". And I am guessing a good number of people who misunderstand the 12th AoF will say that we are obligated to do so. (-|

English Saint
captain of 100

Post by English Saint »

Original_Intent wrote:Such confiscation, if it happened, will be confiscation of gold held in accounts and also gold agaisnt which ETFs are held. Just like the first gold confiscation, they will basically say that paper gold can no longer be redeemed for the metal itself. this will be a bailout for the massive fraud of ETFs and other instruments that did not really have the gold in storage that they issued ETFs against. (Gee this sounds familiar for some reason....)

I think the chances of a door to door searcha nd seizure of gold is near zero. During the first gold confiscation, there is not a single incident of that type of seizure (although there were a very few seizures from safe deposit boxes I believe.) So as bad as a confiscation would be, I think that in reality it will jsut be another type of bailout. They might make it illegal to own gold, and depend on people voluntarily turning in their "contraband". And I am guessing a good number of people who misunderstand the 12th AoF will say that we are obligated to do so. (-|
I agree that it's not going to be economically viable to do door-to-door searches. Besides, there will be enormous resistance to that, even in soviet Britain. I think some sort of heavy taxation will be more likely. The 12 AoF is an interesting one. I'm sure there will be church members who will say that we have to obey the gov and hand in our just weights and measures in return for paper currencies.

durangout
captain of 1,000

Post by durangout »

Original_Intent wrote:Such confiscation, if it happened, will be confiscation of gold held in accounts and also gold agaisnt which ETFs are held. Just like the first gold confiscation, they will basically say that paper gold can no longer be redeemed for the metal itself. this will be a bailout for the massive fraud of ETFs and other instruments that did not really have the gold in storage that they issued ETFs against. (Gee this sounds familiar for some reason....)

I think I'll go buy gold just so I can not turn it in and feel like a renegade :p

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

What???? No voluntary contributions of gold/silver to the government for the new pm backed currency??? LOL

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I think all the FedGov would need to do is to forbid any transactions involving gold and silver once the "turn it all in" edict comes down. After that, gold and silver would be negotiable only within the most private and secret of transactions. At this point, having investigated the overall situation as best I can, and having read for the 2nd time now http://www.endofamerica10.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, I think long term food storage and other preparedness items will be at some point (I wish I knew when) a better investment than gold and silver. But of course even a hoard of food is not safe from confiscation. I am convinced one goal of the latter-day gadiantons is to render Americans totally dependent on them for our daily bread and all other necessities. That always comes to mind when I start thinking about allocation of resources in preparation for the coming "portent of stormy weather".

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

lundbaek wrote:I think all the FedGov would need to do is to forbid any transactions involving gold and silver once the "turn it all in" edict comes down. After that, gold and silver would be negotiable only within the most private and secret of transactions. At this point, having investigated the overall situation as best I can, and having read for the 2nd time now http://www.endofamerica10.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, I think long term food storage and other preparedness items will be at some point (I wish I knew when) a better investment than gold and silver. But of course even a hoard of food is not safe from confiscation. I am convinced one goal of the latter-day gadiantons is to render Americans totally dependent on them for our daily bread and all other necessities. That always comes to mind when I start thinking about allocation of resources in preparation for the coming "portent of stormy weather".
Well said, my friend. Agreed.

Rincon
captain of 100

Post by Rincon »

For a long time I have felt that gold will be of little value if there is not a legal or convenient way to market it. I also expect to see silver coins being spent for face value instead of silver value.

Here is a quote from Brigham Young, found in the Journal of Discourses.
“Were I to ask the question, how much wheat or anything else a man must have to justify him in letting it go to waste, it would be hard to answer; figures are inadequate to give the amount. Never let anything go to waste. Be prudent, save everything, and what you get more than you can take care of yourselves, ask your neighbors to help you. There are scores and hundreds of men in this house, if the question were asked them if they considered their grain a burden and a drudge to them, when they had plenty last year and the year before, that would answer in the affirmative, and were ready to part with it for next to nothing. How do they feel now, when their granaries are empty? If they had a few thousand bushels to spare now, would they not consider it a blessing? They would. Why? Because it would bring the gold and silver. But pause for a moment, and suppose you had millions of bushels to sell, and could sell it for twenty dollars per bushel, or for a million dollars per bushel, no matter what amount, so that you sell all your wheat, and transport it out of the country, and you are left with nothing more than a pile of gold, what good would it do you? You could not eat it, drink it, wear it, or carry it off where you could have something to eat. The time will come that gold will hold no comparison in value to a bushel of wheat. Gold is not to be compared with it in value. Why would it be precious to you now? Simply because you could get gold for it? Gold is good for nothing, only as men value it. It is no better than a piece of iron, a piece of limestone, or a piece of sandstone, and it is not half so good as the soil from which we raise our wheat, and other necessaries of life. The children of men love it, they lust after it, are greedy for it, and are ready to destroy themselves, and those around them, over whom they have any influence, to gain it” (Journal of Discourses, 1:, p.250).

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Rincon wrote:For a long time I have felt that gold will be of little value if there is not a legal or convenient way to market it. I also expect to see silver coins being spent for face value instead of silver value.

“Were I to ask the question, how much wheat or anything else a man must have to justify him in letting it go to waste, it would be hard to answer; figures are inadequate to give the amount. Never let anything go to waste. Be prudent, save everything, and what you get more than you can take care of yourselves, ask your neighbors to help you. There are scores and hundreds of men in this house, if the question were asked them if they considered their grain a burden and a drudge to them, when they had plenty last year and the year before, that would answer in the affirmative, and were ready to part with it for next to nothing. How do they feel now, when their granaries are empty? If they had a few thousand bushels to spare now, would they not consider it a blessing? They would. Why? Because it would bring the gold and silver. But pause for a moment, and suppose you had millions of bushels to sell, and could sell it for twenty dollars per bushel, or for a million dollars per bushel, no matter what amount, so that you sell all your wheat, and transport it out of the country, and you are left with nothing more than a pile of gold, what good would it do you? You could not eat it, drink it, wear it, or carry it off where you could have something to eat. The time will come that gold will hold no comparison in value to a bushel of wheat. Gold is not to be compared with it in value. Why would it be precious to you now? Simply because you could get gold for it? Gold is good for nothing, only as men value it. It is no better than a piece of iron, a piece of limestone, or a piece of sandstone, and it is not half so good as the soil from which we raise our wheat, and other necessaries of life. The children of men love it, they lust after it, are greedy for it, and are ready to destroy themselves, and those around them, over whom they have any influence, to gain it” (Journal of Discourses, 1:, p.250).
Ahh but few here want to hear that......caught up in the our money (IOUs - debt) will become worthless propaganda.

Rand
captain of 1,000

Post by Rand »

Rincon wrote:For a long time I have felt that gold will be of little value if there is not a legal or convenient way to market it. I also expect to see silver coins being spent for face value instead of silver value.

Great Quote. I loved Brigham Young's down to earth wisdom. It seems we have been counseled to set aside a little extra for a rainy day. But have we ever been counseled to fund our IRA's, etc? I don't recall ever being counseled to make sure we are set for retirement. Why not, or if we have been who said it?
Pres. HInckley said, "We have been counseled again and again concerning self-reliance, concerning debt, concerning thrift. So many of our people are heavily in debt for things that are not entirely necessary. When I was a young man, my father counseled me to build a modest home, sufficient for the needs of my family, and make it beautiful and attractive and pleasant and secure. He counseled me to pay off the mortgage as quickly as I could so that, come what may, there would be a roof over the heads of my wife and children. I was reared on that kind of doctrine. I urge you as members of this Church to get free of debt where possible and to have a little laid aside against a rainy day.

We cannot provide against every contingency. But we can provide against many contingencies. Let the present situation remind us that this we should do.

As we have been continuously counseled for more than 60 years, let us have some food set aside that would sustain us for a time in case of need. But let us not panic nor go to extremes. Let us be prudent in every respect. And, above all, my brothers and sisters, let us move forward with faith in the Living God and His Beloved Son."