Utah Sound Money Act - interesting!

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Jason
Master of Puppets

Re: Utah Sound Money Act - interesting!

Post by Jason »

mes5464 wrote:I think one thing that has to be tided to the success of the Utah Sound Money Act, the Federal Government shouldn't be able to tax the currency! Especially, income tax on it.
They don't need to....it will never happen! ....at least not without massive levels of force!

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

They don't need to....it will never happen! ....at least not without massive levels of force!
I disagree. I could see the Fed passing a law that any company that is paying employees in Utah in Sound Money will collect income tax before issuing the employee their pay, or the company will be fined, torched, have assets frozen, etc, etc, etc. The federal government (IRS) will do anything to make sure the Sound Money fails, because they are really in the employee of the Federal Reserve Bank (bankers in general). I predict we will be surprised at just what lengths the Federal Government would go to, to make Utah Sound Money a failure.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

mes5464 wrote:
I disagree. I could see the Fed passing a law that any company that is paying employees in Utah in Sound Money will collect income tax before issuing the employee their pay, or the company will be fined, torched, have assets frozen, etc, etc, etc. The federal government (IRS) will do anything to make sure the Sound Money fails, because they are really in the employee of the Federal Reserve Bank (bankers in general). I predict we will be surprised at just what lengths the Federal Government would go to, to make Utah Sound Money a failure.
The Fed doesn't need to do squat because it (Utah Sound Money) will never ever happen without massive levels of force....it is a failure from the word gold....

...never mind my pessimism! You seem like you are in favor of it....let me ask you a couple questions -

Where do they get the gold/silver to make the money?

If they have to purchase it....Where do they get the money to purchase gold/silver to make new money?

Can you buy gold/silver with something other than FRNs?

Are you willing to sacrifice half to all of your income this year (FRNs) so that you can have gold/silver "money" for next year?

If you aren't willing....who is?

Who's going to force the unwilling?

What hurdles does it present to businesses?