Willing

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
truthseeker
captain of 100

Willing

Post by truthseeker »

willing

don't tell me about my abuser
I don't want to know
the truth, I can't handle the truth
don't tell me about my abuser
why
things are ok as they are
best not to rock the boat
I see the signs
best ignored...or denied
why
he, she, they are supposed to protect me
not hurt me
he, she, they wouldn't ever do that, right?
too much to believe, to take in
I can't handle that truth
why
moral obligation
the truth requires a stand
to stand for something
to pay a price
what
my fuedal lord, my liege
he has power, influence, skill
he is strong
he will make me pay
what
everything, to sacrifice everything
to lay it all on the altar
friends, family, possessions, liberty, life
he can take it all
what
give me liberty or give me death
I'm not so sure I want death
the price is too high
I shouldn't have to pay that price
why
I am innocent, this isn't my fault
why should I be despised, rejected of men,
pain, grief, sorrow
this burden is not mine to bear
why
how can the truth set me free
the truth requires my all
how can I give my all
is there no other way
why
can the weak overcome the strong
whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it
whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it
come, follow me

Songbird
captain of 1,000

Re: Willing

Post by Songbird »

Those of us who are abused are in good company.... Jesus is the example of being hated and despised.

I still can't make sense of the things that happened, but a deep study of the scriptures and strict adherence to what I am required to do as a member of His Church and Kingdom has helped me make sense of life now and keep the "demons" away.

Beautiful thoughts. Thanks for sharing.

truthseeker
captain of 100

Re: Willing

Post by truthseeker »

My wife was worried that by posting this some may think I am referring to her as the abuser. That is not the case. My sister spent 22 years in an abusive marriage. Many years of denial..of not wanting to see the truth..of not wanting to pay the price to end that abuse. she is going through a divorce but she is still suffering much abuse..still from him..some from her children..some from her lawyer that should be helping her but is not.

I look at her situation and I see that the abuse goes on because she is still in denial.. still afraid to rock the boat..still afraid to stand up.

I look around and see others who are abused in various ways..not willing to stand up for themselves.

I look at myself, my fear of standing up against an abusive government. I have been confused why it is so hard to get the truth out there. Why won't people wake up and see what is happening. It is the same pattern I see in my sister but on the macro level. Denial or ignoring is so much easier. Waking up to the truth of our common abuser (satan) and how he is abusing us through governments and secret combinations is a truth that is too difficult to swallow for many...there are too many other implications..the potential of a price to be paid. That is what the latter part of the poem is about..paying that price or becoming willing to do so.

I can justify it by saying it isn't my fault what is happening and the price of standing up is too much for someone innocent. However, isn't that exactly what the savior did. Didn't he stand up for what is right and pay everything and be willing to bear everything as a result - even though he was totally innocent. He was willing to be rejected, despised of men, to lose all He had. To follow Him, do we need to be willing to sacrifice as He did?