Skousen opposed a Con Con

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Mahonri
Master
Location: Where you want to be when crap hits the fan, but I'm not telling.

Skousen opposed a Con Con

Post by Mahonri »

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... 1376488701" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

above is a link to the letter he wrote saying it was a bad idea

There are some that are not telling the truth about his position on a Con Con.

HJR2 MUST be stopped

gooseguy11
captain of 100

Re: Skousen opposed a Con Con

Post by gooseguy11 »

I am sorry but I don't understand what a "Con-Con" is, please explain.

I understand con-con to be the rice at the bottom of a pan that has hardened and will not come out when you clean the pan. On my mission the locals love this like candy.

I assume we are not talking about the same thing here.

Scarecrow
captain of 100

Post by Scarecrow »

gooseguy11 wrote:I am sorry but I don't understand what a "Con-Con" is, please explain.

I understand con-con to be the rice at the bottom of a pan that has hardened and will not come out when you clean the pan. On my mission the locals love this like candy.

Constitutional Convention.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

The biggest problem with a con-con is the lack of education on principles of good government among the general population. If there was a con-con, bottom line is it would need to be ratified or accepted as legitimate by the serfs - I have no faith in what bill of good s we collectively would be willing to be sold, especially if it promised to take us back to "the good old days".

I think that a con-con is likely to happen, but there is a good chance that some states would not ratify it - ti could precipitate the division of the U.S. which might not be a bad thing. I see enthusiasm building for a Chuck Baldwin run for governor of Montana, I could see a lot of mountain states banding together and returning to correct principles in such a scenario. The country is already divided against itself, a Con-Con would just draw the lines on the map to make the separation complete. Barring that, the cleansing will do the separating for us.

John Locke
captain of 1,000

Post by John Locke »

gooseguy11 wrote:I am sorry but I don't understand what a "Con-Con" is, please explain.

LOL you sir win post of the day.

gooseguy11
captain of 100

Post by gooseguy11 »

Thank you for your reply's. I would agree a con-con would be a bad idea. I feel until we can live with what we have there is no need to try to reinvent the wheel. Kind of the same principle or living within your current budget, if you can't afford it don't buy it. Our current constitution is just fine (with out a few amendments) why waste time changing it? I certainly do not trust an elect few to change it behind closed doors.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Thanks for bringing that letter to my attention... I forwarded it to some well-meaning people who have been sending out letters in support of a Con-Con, even implying that Cleon Skousen supported a Con-Con... and now the truth... Skousen came to realize that while a Con-Con could be a good thing, it would be dangerous to do in such a corrupt political climate as we have today - only works for a moral and religious people.

WhereCanITurn4Peace
captain of 100

Post by WhereCanITurn4Peace »

Sorry this is off topic...

Brian, I love your pic of Helmuth Hubener. Recently saw LDS Lives:Truth and Conviction, The Helmuth Hubener Story on the BYU channel and I would encourage all to watch it. Love that channel! :)