Obama set to sell off $8 billion of federal lands

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Obama set to sell off $8 billion of federal lands

Post by Original_Intent »

I like the basic idea, but this article brings up some very serious concerns that we had better address.

What SHOULD be happening is the federal government should be turning over federal lands to the states. (With the exception of military bases, lands for federal buildings and etc. as set forth in the Constitution.)

Anyway, read this excellent article and pass it along.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=242325
Last edited by Original_Intent on December 22nd, 2010, 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Re: Obama set to sell of $8 billion of federal lands

Post by Jason »

Original_Intent wrote:I like the basic idea, but this article brings up some very serious concerns that we had better address.

What SHOULD be happening is the federal government should be turning over federal lands to the states. (With the exception of military bases, lands for federal buildings and etc. as set forth in the Constitution.)

Thank you for the link! ....its WHO they are selling to that concerns me.....certainly won't be for the folks on the bottom that is for sure! We've become serfs to the illuminati!

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Mummy wrote:
Original_Intent wrote:I like the basic idea, but this article brings up some very serious concerns that we had better address.

Thank you for the link! ....its WHO they are selling to that concerns me.....certainly won't be for the folks on the bottom that is for sure! We've become serfs to the illuminati!
Yes it is the who and also the fact that they are burying this deep - you wan't even be able to find out until 5 YEARS after Obama leaves office! When if anything, every American should not only be able to know but should have equal opportunity, NO, MORE THAN EQUAL opportunity to claim the land.

I wonder how much Monsanto and Con Agra are getting?
How about foreign powers?
How about banksters and other Wall Street Insiders (notice that they have been saying farmland is a great investment recently! Especially if you can depend on a subsidy to grow nothing, and a bailout if your farm fails!)

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Original_Intent wrote:
Mummy wrote:

Yes it is the who and also the fact that they are burying this deep - you wan't even be able to find out until 5 YEARS after Obama leaves office! When if anything, every American should not only be able to know but should have equal opportunity, NO, MORE THAN EQUAL opportunity to claim the land.

I wonder how much Monsanto and Con Agra are getting?
How about foreign powers?
How about banksters and other Wall Street Insiders (notice that they have been saying farmland is a great investment recently! Especially if you can depend on a subsidy to grow nothing, and a bailout if your farm fails!)
The choice is here - bend over and be a good serf......or get united and plan on lots of force.....or pray like crazy for intervention

davedan
captain of 1,000

Re: Obama set to sell off $8 billion of federal lands

Post by davedan »

This is criminal robbery. Those federal lands belong to the states. Those mineral rights belong to the states. GIVE THE STATES BACK THEIR LANDS. Dont let the elite foreclose on America and take possession of our mineral rights, our utilities, and our highways and infrastructure.

Let the Federal Government nationalize gold mining and production under their right to "coin" money and regulate its value, but have them give all other lands and mineral rights back to the states except military bases.

Lets create a new gold-backed and commodity backed currency if needed, and lets turn in all our worthless dollars, which we can gladly give back to the elite who created them. LET THEM KEEP THEIR DEAD CURRENCY.

The first FEDERAL FOREST SERVICE was started by a member of the SKULL AND BONES

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

davedan,

you have mentioned a few times the idea of nationalizing gold production, and have used as your foundation that this would be a good idea the Constitutional power to coin gold and silver money.

I feel that is flawed thinking - gold and silver mining have never been nationalized, even when we were on a gold standard. Why should gold and silver be any different than anything else taken out of the ground - oil, crops, etc. Again, referring to the power to coin money doesn;t cut it, because we are not talking about the actual minting of money.

You are granting to government the sole right to take something out of the ground. That's a dangerous precedent, because once you claim they have the SOLE right to take one thing out of the ground, that can very easily be expanded to taking ANYTHING out of the ground.

A person should have the right to dig a nugget of gold out of the ground and walk into a store and buy something with it. (as long as the owner of the store agrees).

I really don't like your idea of nationalizing anything because that is NOT included in the power to coin gold and silver money.

When you nationalize something, you are saying the federal government should now be the owner of all domestic gold mines, take ownership of their equipment (or render it worthless overnight because it is illegal for the private owners to now use it.) No, I think a far better way is leave production private, then those private companies and individuals can either sell it to the government at the market rate, OR they can fabricate necklaces, or 1 oz. .999 bullion, or really whatever they want.

You as an individual do not have the right to nationalize any resource, and you cannot designate to government a power that you yourself do not hold.

davedan
captain of 1,000

Post by davedan »

Okay, I am hearing you. I am open to suggestion. I don't like nationalization either. However, the Protocols of Zion describe a situation where the elite form a monopoly on gold production and withdraw gold from the market creating an artificial scarcity. So, my concern is. how do you keep the elites from making gold artificially scarce and therefore depriving the economy of liquidity. The difference between 1st world and 3rd world governments this last 100 years has been the artificial scarcity of liquidity in certain countries.

My brotherinlaw who is a (Mikenzie financial planner) and I were in Mexico a couple years back and he incitefully noticed that Mexico lacked big construction equipment. Lots of workers., but no big capital equipment. Obviously that is a liquidity issue.

My aim is not to nationalize anything else or set dangerous precedents. But the Constitution is based on enumerated powers. So saying the Federal government could nationalize everything if they can national one thing is not a valid fear. Unless it expressly enumerated, the Federal Government can't do it. Also, the nationalization of gold production doesn't necessarily make or illegal for a private citizen to dig a gold nugget out of the ground, or to pocess gold. Coining money power makes sure that before a person can use the gold as money, the Federal government verifies it's purity and weight.

Maybe applying antitrust laws alone would be enough. However, in the same way the elite are preventing us from domestically drilling and producing our own oil in ANWR and Bakken Formation making oil artificially scarce, they are doing the same with gold. But maybe you are correct that the answer is to not consolidate power but deregulate and give back all land and all mineral rights to the states. Any suggestions.?

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

I think that is a much more productive line of thought. Your concerns regarding oil and gold production are equally valid regarding food production. Look at the stranglehold that Monsanto and ConAgra and a few others are getting on ffod production, and how there is a secret combination forming there. Monsanto is successfully PATENTING strains of crops - and if some of their seed blows off a truck onto your land and it intermixes in your crop, and then years later their dominant strain is found in your crops - you can be sued, Monsanto can seize ALL of your crop which was "infected" thru no fault of your own - you can be shut down completely.

I am absolutely against further centralizing, what is going to save this country is breaking the central planning model and pushing as much production and ownership to the individual as possible, leaving the bread of labor in the hand of the person who produced it, massive reduction in regulation. We are completely hoodwinked into thinking regulations are for our protection, they are almost exclusively for the protection of corporations (it is very difficult to start a new business when you need a legal team to make sure you are complying with all of the regulations, on top of the cost of implementing all the legal requirements.) That's one of the big dangers of the Food bill that Harry Reid is trying to push through - it's going to kill the family farmer even worse than he has already been destroyed by the government over the past 100 years.

If that Food Bill passes I hope every family American grows a back yard garden - I know I will.

I am glad you are open to other suggestions - and you do raise some valid concerns and points...I sure don't have all the answers. I do find it interesting that you raise the concern of "the rich" cornering the market and causing artificial scarcity. I think that nationalizing would just legitimize and legalize exactly that process.

buffalo_girl
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by buffalo_girl »

Brother Reid is responsible for passing the 'public lands' bill; the same omnibus bill which pushed Food Safety through an empty Senate Chamber late Sunday night.

The public lands bill was furtively put into action on the floor of the Senate by Reid late Sunday evening near the end of an unusual Sunday session designed for debate on the Arms treaty. The Bill which pundits said could not and would not be considered in the lame duck session could be voted on this week, or even the week after Christmas. Reid has threatened that the Senate will stay in session until January 5, 2011 if necessary to get this package and others passed.

The stealth with which Reid worked the back-hall ways of the Senate on this bill would defy the imagination of the average American citizen. His dark, guarded methods will make it difficult for real change to be made in the 112th Congress that convenes in January, 2011. His tactics, even though performed in plain sight, defy openness to the point at which citizens have no adequate notice and time to state their positions to their Senators.

His very best misdirection is evidenced by introduction on Sunday evening of the Lands Bill. It is a 1003 page bill including everything from imposing beach control to locking up hundreds of thousands of acres of public lands into wilderness. Representative Doc Hastings of Washington State says the cost to the taxpayers will be $18 BILLION DOLLARS.

If a citizen attempts to find the “Omnibus Public Lands Bill” by internet, the effort will no doubt fail. At the end of an unusual Sunday work session yesterday, Reid high jacked a completely unrelated bill by amending it to become the omnibus Bill called “America’s Great Outdoors Bill of 2010.”

There is much more to all of this than even this single criminal act. Fall 2010 Issue of Range Magazine ran an article on a 'leaked' government memo describing intent and step-by-step plans to turn eastern Montana, Wyoming, the Dakotas and western Nebraska into "The National Landscape Conservation System", entailing a combination of congressional and presidential actions called "Our Vision, Our Values" using a three-part strategy over 25 years. This 'plan' is integral to UN's Agenda-21.

Here's a link to Range Magazine's Winter Issue article on the 'Livable Communities' plan of Agenda-21. The UN wants people like us off the land and in locked communities where they can manage our lives until our usefulness runs out at which time we will be put on a morphine drip or worse.

http://www.rangemagazine.com/features/w ... ch-out.pdf

I'll get more information when I have a bit more time.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Great info BG!

It just kills me that this stuff happens, and most people don;t get fired up like they do over TARP etc. because they see that clearly as our money going to the RICH, but they don't see the equal danger in all these public land grabs. They don't see how it hits their wallet. So it is very difficult to get opposition going, and of course the green movement will be all over this and any peep of complaint will be by polluters who want to destroy the environment.

buffalo_girl
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by buffalo_girl »

OI, the absolute most evil aspect to all this has to do with Goldman Sachs and its malignant ties to both the Federal Government and The Nature Conservancy!

I'll get back to that in the next little while. Right now, I'm trying to celebrate the passage of the Federal Reserve Act and the ratification of the 16th Amendment.

dennis
captain of 1,000

Post by dennis »

Agenda 21 is not an environmental management policy, but an attempt to impose a global centrally planned quasi-government administered by the United Nations. Under Agenda 21 all central government and local authority signatories are required to conform strictly to a common prescribed standard and hence this is just communism resurrected in a new guise. Now that Agenda 21 has gained a stranglehold on global regulatory and planning processes Maurice Strong and his Club of Rome colleagues have moved on to the next phase of the Global Green Agenda.

In association with fellow CoR member Mikhail Gorbachev, Strong co-chaired the committee responsible for drafting the Earth Charter.
Like many ‘green movement initiatives’ Agenda 21 is a ‘wolf in sheep’s clothing’
Agenda 21 – The UN Blueprint for the 21st Century *
The Green Agenda

Agenda 21 Enforcement
“Effective execution of Agenda 21 will require a profound reorientation of all human society, unlike anything the world has ever experienced a major shift in the priorities of both governments and individuals and an unprecedented redeployment of human and financial resources. This shift will demand that a concern for the environmental consequences of every human action be integrated into individual and collective decision-making at every level.”
Agenda 21 outlines, in detail, the UN’s vision for a centrally managed global society. This contract binds governments around the world to the United Nation’s plan for controlling the way we live, eat, learn, move and communicate - all under the noble banner of saving the earth. If fully implemented, Agenda 21 would have the government involved in every aspect of life of every human on earth.

Every aspect of the UN and the US gov. is working for the NWO. The real enemy behind the NWO agenda is The council on Foreign relations.
Maurice Strong made the following statements:

“The concept of national sovereignty has been an immutable, indeed sacred, principle of international relations. It is a principle which will yield only slowly and reluctantly to the new imperatives of global environmental cooperation