Constitution Saved? HOW

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Re: Constitution Saved? HOW

Post by freedomforall »

For anyone wondering where they might begin, and possessing a desire to serve, is here: http://www.nccs.net/constitution-activist-program.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just a thought, mind you.

gooseguy11
captain of 100

Post by gooseguy11 »

Someone gave one of those pocket constitutions to me over a year ago. That really ticked me off when I read it, because of the same things we were trying to liberate ourselves from England, we imposed upon ourselves. I have been engaged ever since. Coming here, to this site, was probably because of the same.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I was just outside this morning chatting witht he foreman of the crew working on our roof. He told me of a man in his ward who insists that our responsibility to the Constitution is not doctrine. Ever heard that line before?

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

lundbaek wrote:I was just outside this morning chatting witht he foreman of the crew working on our roof. He told me of a man in his ward who insists that our responsibility to the Constitution is not doctrine. Ever heard that line before?
Never heard that line before, however, he must have overlooked these scriptures, or he didn't understand them:

Doctrine and Covenants 101:77
According to the laws and constitution of the people, which I have suffered to be established, and should be maintained for the rights and protection of all flesh, according to just and holy principles; Just whose job is it to maintain it?

Doctrine and Covenants 101:80
And for this purpose have I established the Constitution of this land, by the hands of wise men whom I raised up unto this very purpose, and redeemed the land by the shedding of blood. When God set up a Constitution for us to be free, what is our responsibility?

Doctrine and Covenants 109:54
Have mercy, O Lord, upon all the nations of the earth; have mercy upon the rulers of our land; may those principles, which were so honorably and nobly defended, namely, the Constitution of our land, by our fathers, be established forever. Just who defended it before, and who should defend it now? As a matter of fact, we have been told that the LDS have a greater understanding of the Constitution because of our gospel teachings.

Doctrine and Covenants 98:5,6
And that law of the land which is constitutional, supporting that principle of freedom in maintaining rights and privileges, belongs to all mankind, and is justifiable before me. How are we to maintain rights and privileges?

Therefore, I, the Lord, justify you, and your brethren of my church, in befriending that law which is the constitutional law of the land; In order to befriend it, is to defend it as well. God so orders it.

Hope this helps