The Ludwig Von Mises prophecy explained

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

The Ludwig Von Mises prophecy explained

Post by Original_Intent »

EDIT: I guess I should clarify for any who don't know who Mises is: this is an economy discussion, not actually a prophecy. Hence, prediction might have been a better word choice than prophecy.

http://mercenarytrader.com/2010/12/week ... explained/

OK, "Prediction" would have been a better choice of words, especially for posting on LDSFF, but this is a good read and I think important to understand in the ongoing Inflation vs. Deflation debate. (I am starting to see that we are going to see both - deflation of wages and certain things and inflation of toher things (with inflation of CEO's compensation and those who can get money directly from the Fed)

I think from the peon point of view, we sill be seeing many of the worst aspects of both inflation and deflation. You are going to have less of it (deflation) and it is going to largely buy less (price inflation).
Last edited by Original_Intent on December 16th, 2010, 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Re: The Ludwig Von Mises prophecy explained

Post by Jason »

Original_Intent wrote:http://mercenarytrader.com/2010/12/week ... explained/

OK, "Prediction" would have been a better choice of words, especially for posting on LDSFF, but this is a good read and I think important to understand in the ongoing Inflation vs. Deflation debate. (I am starting to see that we are going to see both - deflation of wages and certain things and inflation of toher things (with inflation of CEO's compensation and those who can get money directly from the Fed)

I think from the peon point of view, we sill be seeing many of the worst aspects of both inflation and deflation. You are going to have less of it (deflation) and it is going to largely buy less (price inflation).
Thanks for the link - a gold mine in the comments!