Just want to wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving!

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Just want to wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving!

Post by Col. Flagg »

And for those living in Utah, please be careful tomorrow evening and Wednesday if you have to travel - there's a pretty big blizzard moving in and the forecast is for white out conditions for most of northern Utah Tuesday evening thru Wednesday morning and then it gets really cold Wednesday with a high of only 17 and a low of 0. :shock: Make sure to open any cupboards or drawers that will allow warm air in your home to get to your water pipes so they have less a chance of freezing.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Re: Just want to wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving!

Post by Jason »

Col. Flagg wrote:And for those living in Utah, please be careful tomorrow evening and Wednesday if you have to travel - there's a pretty big blizzard moving in and the forecast is for white out conditions for most of northern Utah Tuesday evening thru Wednesday morning and then it gets really cold Wednesday with a high of only 17 and a low of 0. :shock: Make sure to open any cupboards or drawers that will allow warm air in your home to get to your water pipes so they have less a chance of freezing.
...just a year ago while living in western minnesota (25 miles from South Dakota border)....if it got above 0 that was when we took the coats off and went and played in the snow.

daughter got frostbite when we first moved there going from entrance of walmart to car without gloves on - 30 below with another minus 20 from windchill

had trouble getting minivan to fire up one morning when it was nearly 60 below

anyways....folks out there would literally laugh at zero!

Post by Like »

Col. Flagg wrote:And for those living in Utah, please be careful tomorrow evening and Wednesday if you have to travel - there's a pretty big blizzard moving in and the forecast is for white out conditions for most of northern Utah Tuesday evening thru Wednesday morning and then it gets really cold Wednesday with a high of only 17 and a low of 0. :shock: Make sure to open any cupboards or drawers that will allow warm air in your home to get to your water pipes so they have less a chance of freezing.
Happy Thanksgiving to you Col. Flagg! May the Lord continue to bless you and those whom you love.

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

Mummy wrote:
...just a year ago while living in western minnesota (25 miles from South Dakota border)....if it got above 0 that was when we took the coats off and went and played in the snow.

daughter got frostbite when we first moved there going from entrance of walmart to car without gloves on - 30 below with another minus 20 from windchill

Yeah, I know - same with Alaskans. If it hits 20 degrees, it's time to break out the shorts and t-shirts! :wink:

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

Mazal wrote:
Happy Thanksgiving to you Col. Flagg! May the Lord continue to bless you and those whom you love.
Thanks Mazal... same to you and your family. :D

ChelC
The Law

Post by ChelC »

Mummy wrote:

How quickly we get used to it though. I remember celebrating during "break-up" season in Alaska dressed for summer weather. I can't remember the temperature, but that was just when the ice started to melt.

I think the seasons in Utah are just about perfect... though I'd happily substitute January and February weather for some more of September and October!

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

ChelC wrote:
Mummy wrote:...just a year ago while living in western minnesota (25 miles from South Dakota border)....if it got above 0 that was when we took the coats off and went and played in the snow.

How quickly we get used to it though. I remember celebrating during "break-up" season in Alaska dressed for summer weather. I can't remember the temperature, but that was just when the ice started to melt.

I think the seasons in Utah are just about perfect... though I'd happily substitute January and February weather for some more of September and October!
Yeah it felt cold today up walking around temple square.....and the kids didn't last too long in the backyard this afternoon. Yesterday was the good snow day....but I'm the only one that got to play in it while pretending to shovel walks.

loquaciousmomma
captain of 100

Post by loquaciousmomma »

Happy Thanksgiving to you Col., and to everyone else as well!

Drive safe and stay warm!